Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fairy

Is anyone here into it? I personally just started and it's so cute (✿´‿`)

Eloquent Vampire

I'm very slowly working on a sort of dark mori-goth look anymore. It's comfortable, I love the various layers and textures with hints of frills or lace, and with all the knit stuff I make anymore, I almost HAVE to work on it. sweatdrop

Fairy

Jagger-Wolf
I'm very slowly working on a sort of dark mori-goth look anymore. It's comfortable, I love the various layers and textures with hints of frills or lace, and with all the knit stuff I make anymore, I almost HAVE to work on it. sweatdrop

oh awesome! i think dark mori looks so cool, ive been trying to find more
earthy mori type kind of clothing though there are some layering outfits
that iv'e seen that i dont really like. i wanna do more subtle layering~

Eloquent Vampire

bunnchu
Jagger-Wolf

that iv'e seen that i dont really like. i wanna do less subtle layering~
Yeah, it can get overwhelming pretty easily. And makes it hard to shed or add layers as the weather changes or you go from indoor to outdoor and back again.

I follow this person on Tumblr, and she does great mori-type outfits. The right kind of layers and textures and stuff. I get a lot of inspiration from here: http://shortcuttothestars.tumblr.com/tagged/me

Fairy

Jagger-Wolf
bunnchu
Jagger-Wolf

that iv'e seen that i dont really like. i wanna do less subtle layering~
Yeah, it can get overwhelming pretty easily. And makes it hard to shed or add layers as the weather changes or you go from indoor to outdoor and back again.

I follow this person on Tumblr, and she does great mori-type outfits. The right kind of layers and textures and stuff. I get a lot of inspiration from here: http://shortcuttothestars.tumblr.com/tagged/me

Oh cool I follow her as well, i really love her outfits!

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I enjoy it more than lolita fashion since there isn't any clear-cut rules on how to dress mori like there is in lolita. Plus, it's easier and cheaper to build a mori girl wardrobe than a lolita wardrobe. But since one of the components of mori fashion is layering, I don't wear it in the summer because it gets really hot in my state during that time of year and wearing more than one layer of clothes makes me perspire like hell.

Familiar Phantom

This girl does mori sometimes and I think she looks really great. http://lookbook.nu/look/6793588-Diy-Crochet-Overskirt-Shawl-Gudrun-Sjdn-Grey

Dainty Doll

I love Mori!
I started wearing it a lot when I was pregnant because it was one of the few styles I enjoy that I could still do. I need to get more smaller-size Mori style pieces now though.

I think my favourite aspect of the style is the accessories. There are so many lovely pieces on my Etsy favourites list right now!

O.G. Gaian

9,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
I still wear it. The least layered up version of it anyway (long skirts, simple cutsew top, cardigan, low profile round toe heels, and whatever scarf that suits the weather all in muted or earth tones). I haven't taken selfies in them for a long time.

I was lucky to find an earth music & ecology cardigan at a thrift store when I was visiting a friend in Santa Barbara. It was only around $8-10! razz
I like mori-girl styles and love looking at photos online but it has a disastrously unflattering look on me personally.

Aged Girl

Reminds me of Little House on the Prairie.
i've been in love with it for years but i've always been too nervous to attempt to wear it
where do you buy clothes for mori outfits? surprised

Adored Darling

TO ALL LOOKING FOR PLACES TO BUY (AND ON THE CHEAP)

Taobao.
It's a Chinese website, but if you view it with Google Chrome as your web browser you can have the pages auto-translate into English. While Google Translate by NO MEANS is good at translating any languages, it gives you a good enough idea to read information about sizes and colors. Just Google "How to buy on Taobao" for details. The downside is you need a shopping service/agent to ship the clothes to you. I use TaobaoRing, because you LITERALLY copy and paste the url and select the size/color/etc. I have used other agents that require excel files and lots of emails, so this is an easier agent to use and their fees are SUPER low compared to others. The downside to Taobao is that you should search for items in Chinese characters in order to get better priced searches and a wider selection. Again, Google Translate gives you character options and then I use Google Images as reference to see if I selected the right characters for the word I was looking for.

I'd seriously try Taobao because I did a haul from one shop and only spent $152.97 USD (USD/CNY exchange rate is amazing~) on 13 items, that if I bought at a Taobao reseller or from Forever 21 would have cost A LOT more. I've certainly done better hauls through Taobao before. (I checked a few old orders: 26 items for $115.90 USD / 4 items for $18.30 / 33 items for $112.49 / 32 items for $101.92)

HONESTLY my agent, Sydney, is amazing ~ She always gets back to me within 24 hours but it is usually within two hours during their open business hours.

THE MOST POPULAR MORI GIRL TAOBAO SHOP?
森女部落. Sorted by price for your convince. It's one of the more expensive shops (in Taobao terms) but the quality is amazing. Their sizing charts are important as the clothing sizes really vary. I believe the shop name translates to something like "Mori Girl Tribe" "Mori Girl Family"? Something like that, anyone feel free to correct me.

BUT IF I HAVE TO SEARCH USING CHINESE CHARACTERS, HOW DO YOU SAY "MORI GIRL" IN CHINESE?
森女

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
sentimental circus
i've been in love with it for years but i've always been too nervous to attempt to wear it
where do you buy clothes for mori outfits? surprised

Here's a list of where you can find mori-able clothing pieces, but really, you can get the pieces to make your mori coord anywhere, such as your local thrift store. You don't have to wear mori-brand clothes to be a mori girl--as long as you can achieve the general look, that's all that matters. There's not even a single right way to wear mori, either--you can go all out and deck yourself in heavy layers, or you can just wear one layer.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff