Welcome to Gaia! ::

Man-Lover

I don't think you understand how exciting it is to find a fashion forum right now.

This topic is mostly for the guys but ladies feel free to join in.

Who are your favourite menswear designers/brands?
Do you have any male style idols?

Update:

My favourite designers:
〮Alexander McQueen (RIP sad )
〮banal chic bizarre
〮Gareth Pugh
〮Hussein Chalayan
〮Jean-Paul Gaultier
〮Junya Watanabe
〮KENZO
〮Marlon Gobel
〮Thierry Mugler
〮Walter Van Beirendonck

My favourite brands:
〮H&M
〮Scotch & Soda
〮Zara

My favourite online stores:
ink
oki-ni
SSENSE
YESSTYLE
YOOX

Style icons:
〮Andrej Pejic
〮Johnny Depp
〮Johnny Weir
〮Rick Genest
Menswear often runs the risk of being dull but they're some great designers out there mixing things up, some of my favorites are Obey and KOTO which can be found at Urban Outfitters, but ZARA is a nice place to go to as well. They always have very interesting cuts and slim fits.

I'm currently in the middle of re-inviting myself which means I'm trying to shop more at Zara, Diesel, Hugo Boss Orange and Energie. I love all the little mall stores like Urban Outfitters, Levis, Lucky Brand, Express, and H&M. BUT I try to balance edgy futuristic with a little bohemian, so I find myself in vintage clothes shops buying designer classics from the past.

On the higher end scale, I have Dolce & Gabanna, Valentino, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, and Prada.

whenever I'm in a serious rut, I look at lookbook dot nu, it's a really cool fashion website or nylon for guys magazine.

male style idol: Jean Paul Gaultier

Sweet Cutie-Pie

12,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
I probably have a different set of favorites
since I live in a different country than yours
well for me, it's Penshoppe and Markus
Lately, I've been into more classic menswear. I mix more youthful fashion like brightly colored watches, t-shirts or sneakers with classic menswear. I'm trimming down my wardrobe to be more about quality, not so much quantity. If I can, I try not to by anything "made in china" other than underwear, socks and electronics. I only have 3 pairs of jeans, but two are made in the USA and one is from a small label in Japan. All are of the highest quality.

Here are some high end/expensive labels I'm really interested in at the moment.

Loopwheeler is a Japanese label and the specializes in making the highest quality sweatshirts, any where. I wish to own a hoodie and cardigan from them. I plan to buy one of the two on my next trip to Japan.

Alden makes old-school classic men's shoes. They are famous for being the brand that Indiana Jones wears in all the movies. All of their shoes are made in the USA, and are pretty pricey. I wish to own a pair if Indy Boots one day.

Head Porter, from Japan, is mainly known for their bags. I've been a fan since I was a teenager and finally bought a bag on my last trip to Japan.

Woolrich Woolen Mills is an American clothing label with roots in outdoor and sporting gear. I'm not a fan of most of their clothing, but I really love their jackets and coats.

As far as major labels and brands go:

I used to be a Casio G-Shock junky and still own quite a few.

Onitsuka Tigers are pretty much the only sneakers I buy at the moment.

I've worn fairly expensive $40 white tees, but none can beat a fresh pack of Hanes t-shirts.

I love the classic designs at J.Crew. Much of their stuff seem to never go out of style. I still wear stuff I bought over 8-9 years ago. I can't say the same for the clothes I bought from Express or even Banana Republic.

Dapper Citizen

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Standard wear for me is Hanes grey v-neck t-shirt, Levi's bootcut jeans and Chippewa logger boots. I also have a few flannels and a couple of brightly colored plaid button downs. I'm looking into branching out a bit but I'm in no rush.

Man-Lover

First post updated. cool
I hate Yesstyle -___-

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
There is this fantastic local mens wear store near my school.
Dear god i want to buy everything in there. 4laugh

Man-Lover

LittleLady`
I hate Yesstyle -___-
lol wtf why
there are clothing stores i don't like but i generally save my hate for something more worthwhile
I really want to see the hint of neon trend to start amongst males. Odd, I know.

Man-Lover

MORIARTAY
I really want to see the hint of neon trend to start amongst males. Odd, I know.
H&M has some cool neon sportswear in the women's divided collection (according to the website a couple of months ago) and I went looking for a green neon hooded windbreaker I saw online but they didn't have it yet. sad
Andurucriku
MORIARTAY
H&M has some cool neon sportswear in the women's divided collection (according to the website a couple of months ago) and I went looking for a green neon hooded windbreaker I saw online but they didn't have it yet. sad

H&M is doing a good job on the neon hinting scale, haven't seen much in the menswear section yet though either sad
Andurucriku
LittleLady`
I hate Yesstyle -___-
lol wtf why
there are clothing stores i don't like but i generally save my hate for something more worthwhile
Super expensive for no reason. Selling over priced clothes when you can get them off ebay for way cheaper. Plus there clothes are shitty quality.

Man-Lover

LittleLady`
Andurucriku
LittleLady`
I hate Yesstyle -___-
lol wtf why
Super expensive for no reason. Selling over priced clothes when you can get them off ebay for way cheaper. Plus there clothes are shitty quality.
Oh tru. I haven't actually purchased anything from them I just like some of their stuff, like they have men's capes and drop-crotch pants sometimes.
Do you know any ebay stores with similar product?
Andurucriku
LittleLady`
Andurucriku
LittleLady`
I hate Yesstyle -___-
lol wtf why
Oh tru. I haven't actually purchased anything from them I just like some of their stuff, like they have men's capes and drop-crotch pants sometimes.
Do you know any ebay stores with similar product?
If I were you I wouldn't buy stuff like online. Most of those sellers use stock photos and sell bootlegs. LA has a lot of asian style shops, either that or go to Singapore or Korea sad

My boyfriend loves Yesstyle but the quality sucks sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces