Welcome to Gaia! ::

KiranaKaemol
xjuliaaax

True. I've tried telling her the emphasizing thing but she always decides its too much work or something and goes back to the way she's always done it. I don't think I've tried that with her eyeshadow. I'll try it next time I do her makeup. And hopefully, she'll let me talk her out of the black waterline...

Off topic: Am I the only one who thinks a single color matte shadow all over the lid is really unflattering (it depends on the color and the rest of your makeup too) I find it to be really boring and I find it just sucks all dimension out of your face if everything else is flat (i.e. matte, literally, everywhere)
And when girls put so much mascara on they look like they have 4 spider legs glued to each eye. D:

On a more positive note, I love the newish (not really new anymore but..eh) trends with dark lips
and orangey-coral lips. Personally, I cant pull off an orange lip at the moment, I have braces and my teeth look kinda yellow-ish. But I'm getting them off sometime soon (hopefully) and I'm going to start whitening my teeth at home in hopes of not having to get them done.
And have you tried the dollar general BB cream? I love it, it has the same ingredients as the Garnier one but its like $6 less ^_^
Anywhere I can save money is more makeup for me haha

I have very sensitive skin. So I have to be very careful what I put on my skin. I can't even use cheap laundry detergent. Or I get hives all over. sad

I also enjoy dark lips. But I stick with velvet red. I use NYX liner in Hot Red and NYX Matte Lipstick in Eden. Matte and velvety all the way. I loveeee love love love it.

If she comes back with that, then you might just have to be honest with her, or show her how to brighten up that area while still wearing the waterline liner.

As far as matte colors all over the lid... I wear I think one like that. And it's Tough As Taupe from the Color Tattoos. It's my favorite matte color. The bronzer I use as a contour has a slight glow to it... So that's really one of my only non matte thing I use besides eyeshadow. Some of my blushes have some shimmer to them, but I stay flat and matte most of the time. It goes well with my lip. I'm very fair skinned, glowing naturally doesn't happen. XD

Divine Nymph

xjuliaaax
KiranaKaemol
xjuliaaax

True. I've tried telling her the emphasizing thing but she always decides its too much work or something and goes back to the way she's always done it. I don't think I've tried that with her eyeshadow. I'll try it next time I do her makeup. And hopefully, she'll let me talk her out of the black waterline...

Off topic: Am I the only one who thinks a single color matte shadow all over the lid is really unflattering (it depends on the color and the rest of your makeup too) I find it to be really boring and I find it just sucks all dimension out of your face if everything else is flat (i.e. matte, literally, everywhere)
And when girls put so much mascara on they look like they have 4 spider legs glued to each eye. D:

On a more positive note, I love the newish (not really new anymore but..eh) trends with dark lips
and orangey-coral lips. Personally, I cant pull off an orange lip at the moment, I have braces and my teeth look kinda yellow-ish. But I'm getting them off sometime soon (hopefully) and I'm going to start whitening my teeth at home in hopes of not having to get them done.
And have you tried the dollar general BB cream? I love it, it has the same ingredients as the Garnier one but its like $6 less ^_^

I have very sensitive skin. So I have to be very careful what I put on my skin. I can't even use cheap laundry detergent. Or I get hives all over. sad

I also enjoy dark lips. But I stick with velvet red. I use NYX liner in Hot Red and NYX Matte Lipstick in Eden. Matte and velvety all the way. I loveeee love love love it.

If she comes back with that, then you might just have to be honest with her, or show her how to brighten up that area while still wearing the waterline liner.

As far as matte colors all over the lid... I wear I think one like that. And it's Tough As Taupe from the Color Tattoos. It's my favorite matte color. The bronzer I use as a contour has a slight glow to it... So that's really one of my only non matte thing I use besides eyeshadow. Some of my blushes have some shimmer to them, but I stay flat and matte most of the time. It goes well with my lip. I'm very fair skinned, glowing naturally doesn't happen. XD

No, I see what you're saying about the taupe (looked it up, I think that one is cute). I meant more like matte grays and duller gray-ish tones. I mean any pretty much any color will work if you do it right but when people wear gray eyeshadow and don't blend... I cry for them on the inside.. and kinda want to attack them with my blending brush...
I know what you mean, I'm pale too so i know your feel.
I feel so bad for girls who do their makeup and just walk around looking raccoon-y all day ;-;

What finish you get also depends on your skin type and everything though, so some people can pull it off (I'm sure you do btw wink
But some people, it ages them sooooo much and on the inside I'm like please stop.

But girls at my school can be really easily offended.. and violent so I keep my opinions to myself or among my friends. heh.... yeah

And my sister is the same way with detergent haha. My skin can be kinda like that sometimes, so I tested it on my inner arm after scrutinizing the ingredients list and it was fine. I don't usually analyze my makeup super closely, but BB cream is supposed to moisturize and be good for your face so...
KiranaKaemol
xjuliaaax
KiranaKaemol
xjuliaaax

No, I see what you're saying about the taupe (looked it up, I think that one is cute). I meant more like matte grays and duller gray-ish tones. I mean any pretty much any color will work if you do it right but when people wear gray eyeshadow and don't blend... I cry for them on the inside.. and kinda want to attack them with my blending brush...
I know what you mean, I'm pale too so i know your feel.
I feel so bad for girls who do their makeup and just walk around looking raccoon-y all day ;-;

What finish you get also depends on your skin type and everything though, so some people can pull it off (I'm sure you do btw wink
But some people, it ages them sooooo much and on the inside I'm like please stop.

But girls at my school can be really easily offended.. and violent so I keep my opinions to myself or among my friends. heh.... yeah

And my sister is the same way with detergent haha. My skin can be kinda like that sometimes, so I tested it on my inner arm after scrutinizing the ingredients list and it was fine. I don't usually analyze my makeup super closely, but BB cream is supposed to moisturize and be good for your face so...

I do not look good all glowy. At all. Drives me insane. I accept the fact that my contour is going to have some, and that's it. And there actually is a right and a wrong way to do raccoon eyes. Strange enough.

Even in the summer I go matte. I just don't look right any other way. My setting spray is matte too :3 I have the L'Oreal BB cream, and it's just my go to for quick fixes. Like if I have to go to the store and I don't wanna look like crap. I don't know anyone where I live, so I don't really have to worry about running into people I know. XD

Interesting Gaian

9,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Hygienic 200
Oh my god. I have SO much makeup, although not as big as Temptalia's collection razz

I recently went to Target & Big lots, I bought 2x of Maybelline's Lash Stiletto ($3 each at big lots!!), Maybelline Dream Sun (some kind of bronzing illuminator thingy), Loreal Colour Riche lip gloss in The Mystic's Shine, Maybelline Shine Sensational in that peachy nectarine color, a NYC eyeshadow palette (the one with primer and a highlighter... it was $1.63 at target) and a NYC dual toned lipstick, it was 82 cents. :p I would've bought more at target since they had a clearance on some makeup but I had to stop myself because I've got a package of 23 eyeshadow palettes (18 of them are quads) and some MAC lipsticks coming in the mail soon.
kate moss is dead
Oh my god. I have SO much makeup, although not as big as Temptalia's collection razz

I recently went to Target & Big lots, I bought 2x of Maybelline's Lash Stiletto ($3 each at big lots!!), Maybelline Dream Sun (some kind of bronzing illuminator thingy), Loreal Colour Riche lip gloss in The Mystic's Shine, Maybelline Shine Sensational in that peachy nectarine color, a NYC eyeshadow palette (the one with primer and a highlighter... it was $1.63 at target) and a NYC dual toned lipstick, it was 82 cents. :p I would've bought more at target since they had a clearance on some makeup but I had to stop myself because I've got a package of 23 eyeshadow palettes (18 of them are quads) and some MAC lipsticks coming in the mail soon.

Good Lord girl! How much DO you have? Post a picture of your collection maybe? Where did you order your pallets from?
Anyone tried anything new this month? I haven't, but I did try something different when I went to get my nails done. I usually go for dark colors, but this time I went with white and silver/iridescent glitter!

Demonic Lover

☠I really would love to beauty school, but I'm afraid of failure and the amount of money I'd need to go is intimidating. crying ☠

Dapper Capitalist

I'm far from being a makeup junkie, but I've been wanting experiment lately. I've been doing the same brown/natural eye-shadow look for a while now, and am ready to shake things up a bit.

I've recently gotten some colored eyeliner (blue and purple) and some liquid eyeliner (I've mostly only used pencil) to play around with. The liquid eyeliner's gonna take some practice. I really want to try some darker dramatic looks.
Cannibal Girls
☠I really would love to beauty school, but I'm afraid of failure and the amount of money I'd need to go is intimidating. crying ☠

See if you qualify for FAFSA. They are good with trade schools and what not. Find a PM school, I KNOW they take FAFSA grants. I went to one!

And you won't fail. You might fall a few times, but you just gotta get up and keep going.
CreativeButLazy
I'm far from being a makeup junkie, but I've been wanting experiment lately. I've been doing the same brown/natural eye-shadow look for a while now, and am ready to shake things up a bit.

I've recently gotten some colored eyeliner (blue and purple) and some liquid eyeliner (I've mostly only used pencil) to play around with. The liquid eyeliner's gonna take some practice. I really want to try some darker dramatic looks.

Using tape for liquid liner helps A LOT. Also, using a marker liquid liner is a plus as well. They are soooo much easier. It's like drawing!

Experimenting is so much fun :3 Youtube is a great guide for learning how to do new things and getting inspiration. www.Preen.me is also a good site for inspiration!

Dapper Capitalist

xjuliaaax
CreativeButLazy

Using tape for liquid liner helps A LOT. Also, using a marker liquid liner is a plus as well. They are soooo much easier. It's like drawing!

Experimenting is so much fun :3 Youtube is a great guide for learning how to do new things and getting inspiration. www.Preen.me is also a good site for inspiration!

Tape? Like you just put tape on your eyelid? I'm not so sure about trying that.

I've tried the marker liquid liner, it is much easier to use, but the color just didn't seem as bold, maybe it was just the brand idk. I felt like graduating myself up to the big(er) leagues. I still love my pencil though.

Yeah, I like looking at youtube makeup tutorials. I'm always like, "i wanna try that now!" then I remember that I have none of the colors necessary for the look ._. I'm slowly starting to expand my color pallets. I'm finding that dark blues and purples look especially great on me. I have really warm brown eyes and fair skin, and the contrast makes the color of my eyes just pop.
CreativeButLazy
xjuliaaax
CreativeButLazy

Tape? Like you just put tape on your eyelid? I'm not so sure about trying that.

I've tried the marker liquid liner, it is much easier to use, but the color just didn't seem as bold, maybe it was just the brand idk. I felt like graduating myself up to the big(er) leagues. I still love my pencil though.

Yeah, I like looking at youtube makeup tutorials. I'm always like, "i wanna try that now!" then I remember that I have none of the colors necessary for the look ._. I'm slowly starting to expand my color pallets. I'm finding that dark blues and purples look especially great on me. I have really warm brown eyes and fair skin, and the contrast makes the color of my eyes just pop.

Not on the eyelid, but next to it to create wings! You stick it to your hand first, to lessen the stickiness, and put it where you want your wing to be! BH Cosmetics has lots of pallet options and lots of sales if you're looking for colorful pallets at a great price :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff