Welcome to Gaia! ::

Evrina
xjuliaaax

Thanks for showing me this site! I spend too much money at Sephora, prolly gonna save some if I keep ordering from here. ^^

You are very welcome!!! They have the best sales too!

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
We already have an official makeup lovers thread.

Giver

9,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
I'm a make-up addict. (I especially collect lipsticks) Mainly a MAC-a-holic, ha ha. Make-up artistry is one of my big passions in life, though I don't do it as a career. I'm pretty damn good at it though.
_d0ll-like_
I'm a make-up addict. (I especially collect lipsticks) Mainly a MAC-a-holic, ha ha. Make-up artistry is one of my big passions in life, though I don't do it as a career. I'm pretty damn good at it though.

It's a part of my job. I personally don't choose to buy MAC too often. Especially for my kit. That would be a bit expensive for upkeep.

Divine Nymph

xjuliaaax
_d0ll-like_

It's a part of my job. I personally don't choose to buy MAC too often. Especially for my kit. That would be a bit expensive for upkeep.

I know what you mean, I love doing makeup (I usually end up doing 4-5 of my friends makeup in 1st block at my high school every day) but I'm not licensed (I might in the future, though)
I actually want to model once I'm college, starting out doing free work for fellow students until I finish getting my back-up degree. (Art or Criminal Justice, maybe both)
And photography students don't typically have enough for makeup artists, so I need to know how to do makeup well (for myself and possibly other models involved)
My main issue is acne scars, most of my acne is gone but i have some pretty dark scars & I'm pretty darn pale lol.
I've been experimenting with a lot of e.l.f., NYC, & Dollar Tree Makeup (L.A. Colors)
Cause I'm kinda a cheapskate. Once I get another part time job, I'll probably start getting some blush palettes, concealer palettes, & lip palettes
I especially like the idea of palettes like that because you have a range of options to experiment with and you don't have to commit to buying a tube of lipstick or full size blush that you don't even use often.
KiranaKaemol
xjuliaaax
_d0ll-like_

I know what you mean, I love doing makeup (I usually end up doing 4-5 of my friends makeup in 1st block at my high school every day) but I'm not licensed (I might in the future, though)
I actually want to model once I'm college, starting out doing free work for fellow students until I finish getting my back-up degree. (Art or Criminal Justice, maybe both)
And photography students don't typically have enough for makeup artists, so I need to know how to do makeup well (for myself and possibly other models involved)
My main issue is acne scars, most of my acne is gone but i have some pretty dark scars & I'm pretty darn pale lol.
I've been experimenting with a lot of e.l.f., NYC, & Dollar Tree Makeup (L.A. Colors)
Cause I'm kinda a cheapskate. Once I get another part time job, I'll probably start getting some blush palettes, concealer palettes, & lip palettes
I especially like the idea of palettes like that because you have a range of options to experiment with and you don't have to commit to buying a tube of lipstick or full size blush that you don't even use often.

There are some good cheaper products out there. And as far as I'm concerned... If you love it, then why not use it? E.L.F is still pretty popular for being in the $1 range. Where do you go to learn about makeup?

Divine Nymph

xjuliaaax
There are some good cheaper products out there. And as far as I'm concerned... If you love it, then why not use it? E.L.F is still pretty popular for being in the $1 range. Where do you go to learn about makeup?

Just pinterest and google haha. Even before I went on the internet to learn more about makeup I put darker colors close to my lashline & the outer corners of my eyes just out of general observation from tv and magazine photos and whatnot. So eyeshadow has always been my specialty (I just recently started wearing mascara because my lashes are so long & dark naturally) I get the idea of contoring & bronzer, but I can't do it on myself with what I have right now cause I'm so pale powder brozer looks like dirt on my face, so I got a cream blush/bronzer duo in my latest e.l.f. order that i should be able to blend easier along with a bunch of new stuff to try, including the 144 neutral palette (I already have the one in bright and love it) a few color-correcting concealers, and the liquid lipstick (as well as some other stuff but writing it all out would take forever)
One of my friends has really challenging eyes to work with. they kinda of arch up with a wide lid (is that a thing? haha it's the best way I can think to describe it) towards the inner corners, but around halfway & till the outer corners they become hooded. She's one of those people who is terrified of eyelash curlers (so her upper eyelashes are straight) and she does her waterline in black & puts mascara on her lower lashes which just emphasizes her bags but I don't have the heart to tell her ;-;
KiranaKaemol
xjuliaaax

Just pinterest and google haha. Even before I went on the internet to learn more about makeup I put darker colors close to my lashline & the outer corners of my eyes just out of general observation from tv and magazine photos and whatnot. So eyeshadow has always been my specialty (I just recently started wearing mascara because my lashes are so long & dark naturally) I get the idea of contoring & bronzer, but I can't do it on myself with what I have right now cause I'm so pale powder brozer looks like dirt on my face, so I got a cream blush/bronzer duo in my latest e.l.f. order that i should be able to blend easier along with a bunch of new stuff to try, including the 144 neutral palette (I already have the one in bright and love it) a few color-correcting concealers, and the liquid lipstick (as well as some other stuff but writing it all out would take forever)
One of my friends has really challenging eyes to work with. they kinda of arch up with a wide lid (is that a thing? haha it's the best way I can think to describe it) towards the inner corners, but around halfway & till the outer corners they become hooded. She's one of those people who is terrified of eyelash curlers (so her upper eyelashes are straight) and she does her waterline in black & puts mascara on her lower lashes which just emphasizes her bags but I don't have the heart to tell her ;-;

Okay, so she has large eyes that have a half hooded lid. You need to create new definition. The illusion that her eyelid is larger than it really is. She needs that dimension, and that will give you a better idea of where to put her shadow. Use a shadow that's few shades darker than her skin, and go into her crease and blend it out towards her brow bone. You'll see what I mean. And then go from there.

As far as not hurting her feelings... Have you tried the, "If you try this way, it'll emphasize your blah blah blah." way? I know it seems like lying, but you're really adverting her attention to something that might work better.

Divine Nymph

xjuliaaax

True. I've tried telling her the emphasizing thing but she always decides its too much work or something and goes back to the way she's always done it. I don't think I've tried that with her eyeshadow. I'll try it next time I do her makeup. And hopefully, she'll let me talk her out of the black waterline...

Off topic: Am I the only one who thinks a single color matte shadow all over the lid is really unflattering (it depends on the color and the rest of your makeup too) I find it to be really boring and I find it just sucks all dimension out of your face if everything else is flat (i.e. matte, literally, everywhere)
And when girls put so much mascara on they look like they have 4 spider legs glued to each eye. D:

On a more positive note, I love the newish (not really new anymore but..eh) trends with dark lips
and orangey-coral lips. Personally, I cant pull off an orange lip at the moment, I have braces and my teeth look kinda yellow-ish. But I'm getting them off sometime soon (hopefully) and I'm going to start whitening my teeth at home in hopes of not having to get them done.
And have you tried the dollar general BB cream? I love it, it has the same ingredients as the Garnier one but its like $6 less ^_^
Anywhere I can save money is more makeup for me haha
Hey,
I find it really hard to find a foundation that suits my oily skin type and covers my acne. After a couple of hours im left looking shiny and awful, can any one help? i dont have time to go out to the shops either so would rather buy online

Thanks
jjbeauty123
Hey,
I find it really hard to find a foundation that suits my oily skin type and covers my acne. After a couple of hours im left looking shiny and awful, can any one help? i dont have time to go out to the shops either so would rather buy online

Thanks

Hey JJ :3

You probably need to find a foundation that has mattifying properties. As far as drugstore goes, if you get can your hands on some Revlon ColorStay for oily skin, I think you would like it. I use the formula for dry skin and apply it with a Real Techniques sponge (can be found at the Real Techniques website). The sponge needs to be fully wet when you apply foundation with it. Try stippling it on with the sponge, and that will help with the coverage for your acne. Not all acne can be covered with just foundation. Higher coverage ones would be Makeup Forever, and Dior Skin Airbrush. But they also cost a pretty penny. Don't forget to set with powder, that is your best friend with oily skin. As well as blotting cloths.

If you still have trouble concealing, I'd recommend a heavy coverage concealer such as NYX Photogenic HD concealer. I swear by that stuff. Great selection of shades, and even colors to cancel out skin imperfections. The tube has liquid, the pot has cream. Both can be found on the NYX Cosmetics website.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff