Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have dark brown almost black looking eyes sad
And I was wondering if any light or medium brown eyeshadows will make them pop, I usually just wear black liner and mascara, but I want to try something new, I don't like bright colors on my eyes, or bright pink or purples.

Interesting Gaian

Brown will only make your eye's pop if they are light blue, green etc.

try a black gel liner or liquid liner and wig it at the end which will make your eyes appear more symmetrical, and make them more defined.. also maybe consider circle lenses?

Sparkly Scamp

for eyeshadow, how about metallics or a soft pearl color?
instead of bright colors maybe try something subtle, like dark purple eyeliner. Eggplant, plum, you get the idea.
Brown eyes go with just about anything, really. Do some experimentation and find what's best for you.
Instead of browns on their own, think of plums, purples, golds, coppers, cobalt blue, coral, or greens. If applied properly, it can still look very subtle, but gives your eyes more of that pop. If you like, you can still combine it with browns or blacks to tone it down a bit. Highlight the inner corners of your eyes to draw attention to your eyes.

Also, think of the finish of your eyeshadow. Matte shadows have a very different effect than shimmery, metallic or satin finishes. And don't forget your brows.
How about... you try colours you're comfortable with, in styles you're comfortable with, and see how it goes from there? >_o There's a HELL of a lot more to makeup than colour. Yes, a brown can emphasise, enhance, and draw attention to brown eyes.. if applied right. It's a great choice when you're still learning what works for you, as bright colours can come off oddly if you don't get them just right; the look can be very dated, can make your face look very harsh and even masculine, or it can just look like you don't really know what you're doing.

http://celebs-review.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/deepika-2.jpg

Also, what the ********, can we please stop talking about makeup making eyes "pop"? It sounds like a symptom of Graves' disease. Stupidest. Women's. Mag. Term.

Fashionable Noob

Black is the best to make brown pop imo. You can combine it with a shimmery white or champagne sort of shade used as a highlight in the inner corner of your eye and/or bottom waterline. Subtle brow highlight may help too.

Tipsy Genius

My eyes were a very very dark brown in high school (now they're this inexplicable hazel combo), and I found the absolute perfect combo in --- bear with me--- purple and brown that made my eyes pop really well. Lavender as a shadow is great (especially the more matte ones) because it's very light, but gives just enough color to brighten your eyes. Use that on your lid and then either a plum or a brown eyeliner, darker brown in the crease and a very light brown as your highlighter. Brown mascara and you're done. It's super simple and still natural-looking, in spite of the purple.
Devil Wears Tampax
My eyes were a very very dark brown in high school (now they're this inexplicable hazel combo), and I found the absolute perfect combo in --- bear with me--- purple and brown that made my eyes pop really well. Lavender as a shadow is great (especially the more matte ones) because it's very light, but gives just enough color to brighten your eyes. Use that on your lid and then either a plum or a brown eyeliner, darker brown in the crease and a very light brown as your highlighter. Brown mascara and you're done. It's super simple and still natural-looking, in spite of the purple.
How did your eyes lighten up!!? I will definitely try this thanks so much and sorry for the super late reply!!

Tipsy Genius

QuestionAndAnswerSeeker
Devil Wears Tampax
How did your eyes lighten up!!? I will definitely try this thanks so much and sorry for the super late reply!!

I have no idea, honestly.
My mom's did the same thing-- she had hazel eyes growing up, then sometime in high school they turned blue/grey.
I guess it's just genetics.
But year, it's super easy and I promise you, the right shade of lavender will look natural. I used the Almay intense i-color palette for brown eyes, I think, if that helps.

Shameless Fatcat

It might help if you simply make your eyes appear larger and more awake. I would look into all the tips for making eyes look bigger and brighter.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff