Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legendary Fashion designer

Gabrielle (Coco) Chanel 1 100.0% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 13 ]
1 2 >

eek.
Im in need of a new foundation.
what's a good department brand, (or something i can find in the bay, because i can't order from the internet) that gives good coverage and is comfortable enough to sleep in??
i've been searching for this for a longggggg time, and the one im using is the MAC liquid foundation. it smells disgusting though, and it's not good enough to sleep in. sad

I have quite a combination of oily in the nose and dry in the cheeks.
and i have some redness and pores.. sad

any advice?

Wheezing Fatcat

Well, first off, sleeping with makeup is a bad idea.
Unless you want zits.

Second:
I just use Alamay - Nearly Naked and put CoverGirl powder with Noxema over that.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
whats your skin type and are there any particular problems you have with foundation right now? do you need a low/med/high coverage? problem areas? razz

and ya
never EVER sleep in makeup
bittersweet-beauty
whats your skin type and are there any particular problems you have with foundation right now? do you need a low/med/high coverage? problem areas? razz

and ya
never EVER sleep in makeup

haha i probably need at least a med coverage
sort of red in the cheeks
and for sleeping? i just do because for bus trips and for days that im too tired and don't have time to take it off
so incase i do that, im good with my makeup. ^^
for time's you're just too tired, cary a small pack of travel baby wipes with you-- they're FABULOUS for your skin and ideal for makeup removal.

Why do you say you need a med coverage? Just beause of redness?

You may run into some problems with cakiness here... You should never try to use foundation-- or even concealer-- to colour correct.

You can get a colour corrector-- green for your redness, that you apply just to those red areas. Then concealer (different from foundation-- much thicker and meant only for problem areas), then a light foundation over everything.

It may seem like a lot, but a green colour corrector can hide even the worst rosacea
bittersweet-beauty
for time's you're just too tired, cary a small pack of travel baby wipes with you-- they're FABULOUS for your skin and ideal for makeup removal.

You may run into some problems with cakiness here... You should never try to use foundation-- or even concealer-- to colour correct.

You can get a colour corrector-- green for your redness, that you apply just to those red areas. Then concealer (different from foundation-- much thicker and meant only for problem areas), then a light foundation over everything.

It may seem like a lot, but a green colour corrector can hide even the worst rosacea
well...
i also have some acne etc.
do you have a product to recommend?
To XY
bittersweet-beauty

well...

just acne?

whats your skin type (dry, oily, combination)

if you live in the states, i'd definately recommend proactive

(i'm in Canada, and wouldn't suggest it here. the formula is way different, and the US definately has the better end of the stick there!)
I use a MAC liquid foundation but it is too dark for my complexion..(damn MAC online color swatches)...its alright but I want some that is a little bit easier to put on. I hear Studio Tech is good..I want to try it.

Clinique has some nice foundations but they are too pink for my strong yellow undertones. I also hear Estee lauder has some nice foundations as well as Shiseido.
bittersweet-beauty
To XY
bittersweet-beauty

well...

just acne?

whats your skin type (dry, oily, combination)

if you live in the states, i'd definately recommend proactive

(i'm in Canada, and wouldn't suggest it here. the formula is way different, and the US definately has the better end of the stick there!)
im canadian.
^^
i hate proactiv, doesn't work on my skin...
i tried it so many times.
and it costed me 300$.
damn.
Why don't you just use MAC Studio Fix? It's foundation + powder. 3nodding

IMO, it feels really light. Just don't use the pad that comes with. Buy a #187 brush (or #18 cool to apply.

Studio Tech has a more creamy texture, but I prefer the other. D:
PKT
I use a MAC liquid foundation but it is too dark for my complexion..(damn MAC online color swatches)...its alright but I want some that is a little bit easier to put on. I hear Studio Tech is good..I want to try it.

Clinique has some nice foundations but they are too pink for my strong yellow undertones. I also hear Estee lauder has some nice foundations as well as Shiseido.
aww thanks!!!
yeah im using the liquid foundation righ tnow too. it's very yellow..
studio tech is more fair than the liquid ones, but i can feel the heavy weight on it, but it gives good coverage and goes on smoothly.
i have a strong yellow undertone too. ^^
hyolee

IMO, it feels really light. Just don't use the pad that comes with. Buy a #187 brush (or #18 cool to apply.

alot of people have been recommending that one lately. i might just go ahead and try it!!
it sounds really good, so i might just get one.
hyolee

Studio Fix is just that-- a studio makeup. Seriously, it's designed to be as unnaturally matte as possible, and was formulated for B=W photography and film.
If you are going to wear this, be sure to put some sort of sheer shimmer like pout loveglow or afterglow to get your natural, healthy shine back
I use M.A.C Studio Fix (powder foundation) and it's basically perfect for my skin. covers (not completely, but they're less obvious) blemishes & evens out my skin tone.
wow.
seems like alot of people are recommending the studio fix.
i should get it tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces