Welcome to Gaia! ::

Profitable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
So I just got "Dune" a gloss from a company called Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics and I am in love. When I read the back it says you can wear it over a lip tar. What is a Lip Tar? I looked it up, looked like the gloss.... So what's the difference?

Demonic Lover

☠I have a couple of those.
You can wear it by itself if you want. Just put a tiiiiiny bit on the brush. A little goes a long way with that stuff.
Also, that product IS the lip tar.
Sephora
See how they're all called lip tar (except the glosses)?☠

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
so like a liquid lip stick then?

Liberal Hellraiser

Yeah, like a super pigmented liquid lipstick that you can mix with other lip tars to customize the color. Like paints, but safe to put on your mouth.

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Sugarquill Queen
Yeah, like a super pigmented liquid lipstick that you can mix with other lip tars to customize the color. Like paints, but safe to put on your mouth.

That sounds like heaven!

Fashionable Survivor

I have a tube (?) of Obsessive Compulsive lip tar and it's so good! It has a metallic finish and is super pigmented; it's also kind of minty on my lips. It does bleed a fair bit though if you glob it on... like I do. BUT ITS SO GOOD!!!!

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
ExodusProxy
I have a tube (?) of Obsessive Compulsive lip tar and it's so good! It has a metallic finish and is super pigmented; it's also kind of minty on my lips. It does bleed a fair bit though if you glob it on... like I do. BUT ITS SO GOOD!!!!

I noticed that with the dune.... I decided to prime and line the crap out of my lips first... So far so good today smile

Fashionable Survivor

Tingy
ExodusProxy

I noticed that with the dune.... I decided to prime and line the crap out of my lips first... So far so good today smile

I desperately need to get my hands on some primer.

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
ExodusProxy
Tingy
ExodusProxy

Oddly enough my e.l.f. primer worked best for me

Fashionable Survivor

Tingy
ExodusProxy
Tingy
ExodusProxy

Oddly enough my e.l.f. primer worked best for me

I love e.l.f. I'll have to get my hands on some and try it out! Thanks.

Tipsy Capitalist

9,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I've never heard of this before, but definitely want to get some and try it now!

Kliapatra's Partner In Crime

Beloved Bunny

16,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
I was on Google double-checking the best way to apply it and opened up Gaia and this thread was here.
LOL.

Anyway, they're really good, just don't use too much. It's easier to layer and build it up than to get a mess and have to wash it off.
Speaking of, have a good make-up remover available, this is not a soap-and-water lip color.

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Celadonia
I was on Google double-checking the best way to apply it and opened up Gaia and this thread was here.
LOL.

Anyway, they're really good, just don't use too much. It's easier to layer and build it up than to get a mess and have to wash it off.
Speaking of, have a good make-up remover available, this is not a soap-and-water lip color.

No kidding on the remover lol... Sheesh that was a tacky mess nightmare. However, I am happy to report that the vintage matte lip tar that I acquired is delightful as well!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff