Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hair can make or a break a mans look.
Obviously, preferences on how a man should keep his hair varies from women to women/man to man, but I want to hear what a few ladies (dudes too) have to say about this subject.

My hair grows fast, and I always try out new things.
Sometimes I get tired of going to my barber and dishing out cash every 2-3 weeks, and I just let my hair do it's thing. I just got my hair cut after months of letting it grow, and I've been slaying a** since. However, when it was long, I would get a s**t ******** ton of compliments, but looked beyond unprofessional.

How do you think a man should keep his hair - clean cut, bald, or like THIS?

Discuss.

EDIT:

I am not implying that all men with long hair look like dogs, nor am I looking for beyond vague and unspecific answers.
I want to hear from those who actually have a preference on how they like someones hair kept, or what hairstyle they think looks nice.

For example, "I like shoulder length hair on men, it's something that I just can't help but seriously dig!"
I am not asking for someone to tell me "it doesn't matter", because that wouldn't answer the question I am asking.

Bashful Bookworm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I think hairstyle varies heavily depending on facial hair and jawline.
I like manbuns, but I also like it short.
I lovelovelove mohawks, mostly because I get jealous of them.

Spoopy Kitten

However he wants. Im one of those people who can rock any hair style. Ive literally told the person doing my hair to grab a bit, cut it, then move onto the next small chunk and do it again - i told them to botch it up and not to layer it. It looked awesome. It was poofy but not too poofy, and i could rock it in different styles (messy, "up"/spiked, ect)
Stephnananana

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I think hairstyle varies heavily depending on facial hair and jawline.
I like manbuns, but I also like it short.
I lovelovelove mohawks, mostly because I get jealous of them.

Manbuns are a serious look, a really nice on in my opinion.
I'm a guy and I have shoulder-length hair because I massively prefer how it looks and feels on me. I hate having short hair. It has absolutely zilch to do with how 'attractive' I look, as I'm genuinely asexual and don't care if other people like how I look, as long as I like how I look. I find it kinda offensive that you're suggesting not looking like a clean-cut boring businesman imples that a guy looks like a dog.

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
Keep it however you want, just don't be a p***k about it.
Raven Winter
Thanks for the tip on my post. I didn't think I was being a p***k, though. If you feel I was, go ahead and let me know directly.

Shameless Loiterer

I don't really care so long as the style looks good on the person wearing it. I don't really care for buzz cuts, though. Totally shaved (bald) I can work with, depending on the person, but buzz cuts just bother me.

Also, if a dude is going to have long hair there are these things called shampoo and conditioner. Find it, use it, love it. Being a dude doesn't excuse someone from basic hair care. scream

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
Opidreams
Raven Winter
Thanks for the tip on my post. I didn't think I was being a p***k, though. If you feel I was, go ahead and let me know directly.

Didn't think you were. I was referring to the OP, which could be read as being condescending, whether or not it was actually meant to be.

I just liked your stated reason for having your assumed haircut.
Raven Winter
Opidreams
Raven Winter

Didn't think you were. I was referring to the OP, which could be read as being condescending, whether or not it was actually meant to be.

I just liked your stated reason for having your assumed haircut.
Ah, cool then, thanks a lot. smile
I prefer long, dark hair. I also always prefer a clean shaven face.

Eternal Star

8,900 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I tend to like short hair on guys. I think long hair is really sexy if it's clean, smooth, and more or less straight. Lately my favorite hair on men has been the clean-cut faux hawk you see on a lot of Asian guys.
Short hair that is kept well maintained
My favorite hair style on guys is probably around a couple of inches long. Super short hair (like buzz cuts) is really unappealing to me, and long hair (shoulder-length or longer) also doesn't look good to me. That's just my preference.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff