Welcome to Gaia! ::

Have you heard of ipsy before?

Yes, and I'm also a subscriber! 0.34375 34.4% [ 11 ]
Yes, but I'm not subscribed/am subscribed to a different makeup subscription. 0.25 25.0% [ 8 ]
No, but I'm definitely interested! 0.34375 34.4% [ 11 ]
No, I've never heard of it and it's not really my thing. 0.03125 3.1% [ 1 ]
I'm actually just here to vote, so... 0.03125 3.1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 32 ]
1 2 >

Pure-hearted Pumpkin

Who here has heard of ipsy?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

For those who aren't familiar, it's a monthly subscription created by makeup blogger Michelle Phan for $10 a month, meant for people to discover up-and-coming, trending makeup brands and to broaden their horizons to the world of makeup.

Subscribers receive 4-5 items (in what is called a glam bag) that are personalized based on a survey taken on how open they are to trying new things, their favorite brands and types of makeup, and makeup style, etc.

I've been a subscriber for about five months now and have been pretty happy about the items I've received thus far, and have discovered awesome brands of makeup that I've previously haven't known (well, I'm a newbie when it comes to makeup anyhow...)

Favorite products/brands that I've discovered so far (glam bag month):
(Malin+Goetz)'s Mojito Lip Balm (Jan 2014)
It's So Big Volumizing Mascara/ (Sep 2013) and Smooth Shadow (Jan 2013) by Elizabeth Mott
Pacifica's Multi-Mineral BB Cream (Aug 2013)
Chella Highlighter Pencil (Sep 2013)
Starlooks eyeliners (WHENEVER I CAN GET THEM like seriously they are awesome)

So, my questions for you all are are:
Have you heard of ipsy or other similar makeup subscriptions (Birchbox, glossybox, etc.)
If you are a subscriber to ipsy or anything similar, what have your experiences been?
What are your must-have makeups that you keep with you/wear everyday?

Also, if you're interested in signing up for ipsy please use this link so I can earn ipsyPoints!

ipsyPoints are points you earn by reviewing products you've received in your glam bag or referring people. Once you've saved up enough, you can use these points to redeem exclusive products that would be sent to you in your following glam bag. If you're interested in becoming a subscriber, please use the above link to sign up; it would really help me get closer to getting benefit's high beam liquid highlighter in my next glam bag~!
i've only tried birchbox so far but canceled
my subscription after about 3 boxes because
the samples were terrible, small, horrible
packaging, and they repeated a lot of the
same products in multiple boxes.

i want to try ipsy soon and also memebox.
they look much better.

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
I've wanted to try Beatybox because Grav3yard girl seems to get some super cool stuff in them, but I'm a very non committal person ><

Dapper Explorer

Looks interesting.
My sister gets the Ipsy bags. She gives me whatever things she dislikes from her bag. I really like the little make-up bags they come in except...how the fck do normal subscribers deal with how many bags they get? ._____.; You get a new bag every month and she's given me most of the bags (which I then give to my niece)

I have to say it's pretty good deal imo. You get pretty decent sample sizes or they're even full-sizes. My sister received a defective product and they shipped us a different sample instead.

9,600 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100
xAliceJae
My sister gets the Ipsy bags. She gives me whatever things she dislikes from her bag. I really like the little make-up bags they come in except...how the fck do normal subscribers deal with how many bags they get? ._____.; You get a new bag every month and she's given me most of the bags (which I then give to my niece)

I have to say it's pretty good deal imo. You get pretty decent sample sizes or they're even full-sizes. My sister received a defective product and they shipped us a different sample instead.

If you travel those cosmetic bags are wonderful for packing. You can put makeup in one, your toothbrush/paste, etc in another, mini shampoos and soaps in yet another, the possibilities are endless.
I recently subscribed and I can't wait to get my first Glam Bag.

Pure-hearted Pumpkin

kokoro string

Yeah, I heard that, in the past, Birchbox gave only sample sizes of the products but recently they've upped their game/packaging.
Memebox also looks interesting—I think it ships from Korea, which is off-putting for me because I'm so impatient. I can hardly wait for my ipsy Glam Bags to arrive, and they're shipped within my country.

xAliceJae

The bags do add up after awhile! Like stephina-chan said, they are good to organize your things during travel. I would imagine they'd be good to use as gift-packaging for the holidays! I do think ipsy is a pretty good deal, because some full-sized products you receive might cost $3-5 and up (the Malin+Goetz lip balm I received was full-sized and costs $12 retail price).

Ipsy has pretty fast customer service as well. One month I didn't receive a mascara in my bag (when I was supposed to) and they shipped it to me within about a week.

The products that you don't use are also great gifts, and if you have friends who are also subscribed, it's fun to swap products that you want/didn't get in your bag. I also love how you can always retake the survey in case you haven't been receiving the types of products you were looking to get.

Friendly Bunny

I've gotten ipsy for a little over a year, and I've gotten my moneys worth. I generally bring the things I don't like/the bags to work and let the girls there pick what they want. I had birchbox in the past, but the sizes just weren't cutting it. I will say that birchbox's point system is awesome, I ended up getting 50$ worth of product for free because I had so many points.

I also used to get sample society, which is actually pretty good too. The sizes were great, however its mostly high end skincare so I quit getting it for the time being while I use up all the skincare I have stashed.
Marnomy

yeah i just refuse to do business with them anymore
xp

and meme box is definitely more geared towards people
with an interest in 'korean' specific products, their shipping time
is pretty great though compared to how long you have to normally
wait just buying a regular korean product usually
it's like 5 - 10 business days compared to a month
4laugh

Pure-hearted Pumpkin

My February glam bag just arrived, it's theme is "the look of love" — I'm pretty satisfied with most of the things I received! (check it out here)

The only thing I'm not too fond of is the nail polish color because I got the same kind that my friend received. I am excited about the falsies though, since I've never tried them before and never wanted to buy them in-store. I might wear them on an upcoming special occasion or party.

Sugary Cat

I can't stand Michelle Phan, I wont line her pockets lol,- and I don't know why people just buy make-up with that $10 instead of getting a toiletbag filled with coupons.
I have subscribed to Ipsy, Birchbox and Wantable and I have to say for me personally Wantable is by far the best but then again it's $36 versus $10.
Waste of money.
That sounds really cool, surprisingly

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas