Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you read ingredients?
What ingredients do you like to avoid in your beauty products?
I'm just curious, there's a lot of great products out there, but are people actually concerned
about long term effects of possible harm from certain ingredients? Or does one really only
care for the the visual satisfaction a product produces on themselves?

------

Your thoughts on Parabens? (Sulfates? Synthetic Fragrances/dyes? Aluminum? etc..)
Do you try to avoid them?
Do you believe there is a link between Parabens and Breast Cancer?
What are your reasons for avoiding them?

Your recommended natural/organic beauty products/secrets?
Do you have go to sites/media for your natural beauty care that your recommend?

Do you believe in the long term, people who use organic products benefit more for their skin,
than people who use products containing "toxic" ingredients?

Do you feel products with more chemicals in them produce better a outcome than
natural/organic products?

Or do you just not give two shits?

I been stuck in this damn house all day cause I'm sick. U: Give me some
good material to read.

My hair responds really badly to ''synthetic'' ingredients most of the time, so I do tend to use natural/organic products.

Everything else on me nope don't give a single ********.
EDIT: Wait, I've lied. I use Simple brand products for my face.
I'm a firm believer that anything natural/organic based is going to do much better for your skin than harsh, abrasive soaps and washes. I make my own skincare products, the only thing I buy is Cetaphil's gentle cleanser which I use to wash the makeup away before I start my nightly beautification ritual.

Dangerous Ladykiller

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. i generally don't give a s**t but i'm pretty damn allergic to a lot of natural stuff like tea tree oil. also most "natural" product i've tried just don't work well for me.

the last time i moved my bf moved my makeup remover (and everything else) across town so when i got home at 11pm i had NOTHING to wash my face! the only store open had one makeup remover, a natural one and even though i checked and rechecked the ingredients i still wound up with a red puffy face the next morning.

leminem
I'm a firm believer that anything natural/organic based is going to do much better for your skin than harsh, abrasive soaps and washes. I make my own skincare products, the only thing I buy is Cetaphil's gentle cleanser which I use to wash the makeup away before I start my nightly beautification ritual.

o: Care to share what you make?

Cetaphil is like one of the only face lotions so far that haven't made me breakout/cause irritation/
or run down my face, burn my eyes while I'm running.

I'm in the process of experimenting with new makeup/skin care products, and curious
if organic products will be more effective for my kind of skin.

kage-ookami4
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. i generally don't give a s**t but i'm pretty damn allergic to a lot of natural stuff like tea tree oil. also most "natural" product i've tried just don't work well for me.

the last time i moved my bf moved my makeup remover (and everything else) across town so when i got home at 11pm i had NOTHING to wash my face! the only store open had one makeup remover, a natural one and even though i checked and rechecked the ingredients i still wound up with a red puffy face the next morning.

X: That sounds like no fun.

That's my fear with trying organic products. I'm about to go out and get some samples
of tea tree oil. I tend to get skin irritation quite often from a lot of lotions and cleansers.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
I used a natural shampoo for about a month and I haaaaated it xd It's better for your hair or whatever, and had no parabens or anything in it, but it made my hair feel like straw. Was just... eck.

I guess I'm just used to the buildup on my hair, and I guess that's just what I'll stick with. At least it feels smooth that way.

Fashionable Noob

I don't actually care, but if i can find a natural product that does the job as good or better than one with chemicals I would rather use that. I also enjoy the more earthy scents of many of these products.

I really like all vegetal products though, since it just seems right to me. Like, soap used to be made out of lard...that is pretty gross and weird.

My only suggestion is don't pass up the trader joe's bath product section! The prices are really good and I like what I have tried.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff