Welcome to Gaia! ::

I used to wear them as a child, and I really liked them. I don't think they are any less unflattering than any other chunky sandal, which you see around quite a lot. My mom has a pair with three, thinner straps which are decorated with flowers. I think they are quite pretty.
I just dislike the birkenstocks with a thing between your toes. I already hate regular flip flops for the thing between my toes, leave alone the huge chunky toe straps of birkenstocks.

Profitable Survivor

10,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Hahahahaha all fair points. But I must confess... I am totally picking up what is being put down (Birkenstocks styles, that is).

Beloved Explorer

7,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
I agree with you. I know they are supposed to be really good for your feet and are expensive. But they are just not fashionable!

Alien Invader

It's kinda freaking me out, honestly. I hate being old enough to remember this and other trends from the 90s and early 00s. Them making their comebacks is like oh my god, doesn't it take more time for trends to cycle? emotion_facepalm
bireknstocks arent a "trend" they're one of the higher quality sandals/clogs that have remained fashionable for a long time.

things like bostons + wool socks are a trend.

8,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Clambake 200
I'm not abig fan of the 2 strap brown ones, and some may be cute, but I love flip flops and gladiator sandals too much. Plus birks where I live retail for over 100 dollars sometimes, and imkind of poor... sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff