Welcome to Gaia! ::

Clever Goat

So, I hate shopping. Loath it, actually, I've discovered.

Buuuut, I need new clothes something awful. Specifically... pants. Jeans.

It's a miracle to find pants that fit me apparently because everywhere I try, nothing is right, or even close to it. Buying women's jeans = the bane of my existence.

I'm really tall and have long legs, so I need longs or bootcut, sometimes both.
I like low-rise. I cannot stand mid- or high- waist.
I don't mind straight, flare or skinny jean, as long as the rest of them fit right.
I generally need "curvy" styles or at least things that are made for people with hips and muscular thighs.

Apparently that combination doesn't exist anymore because I've noticed that higher waists are coming back into fashion; no thank you. emotion_donotwant

Does anyone know of good stores (online or not) to try to find jeans? I'm a little leery of online just because I'm apparently hard to fit and please, so I prefer to actually try them on.

Eloquent Vampire

I've had good luck with America Eagle jeans for quite a while. A good range of styles, they come in darker washes that I like, and reasonably priced. The pair of longs I have are actually quite long, to the point where I either have to hem them or fold up the back a bit, I step on a good inch of them when in bare or stocking feet, and I'm 5'7". I haven't been jeans shopping in a good long while, but these are the Slim Bootcut variety. You can try looking there.

Old Navy also makes great basic jeans. Their washes tend to be lighter which I don't like, but at about $20 a pair, on average, it's hard to argue with.

You can also try department stores, like Nordstrom. Nordstrom is a bit higher end sometimes, but worth shopping for. Also, don't shop juniors sections. Actual adult women's jeans and areas tend to have better products, especially if you're a bit on the curvy side. Juniors jeans tend to not treat girls with figures very well.

Clever Goat

Jagger-Wolf
I've had good luck with America Eagle jeans for quite a while. A good range of styles, they come in darker washes that I like, and reasonably priced. The pair of longs I have are actually quite long, to the point where I either have to hem them or fold up the back a bit, and I'm 5'7". I haven't been jeans shopping in a good long while, but these are the Slim Bootcut variety. You can try looking there.

Old Navy also makes great basic jeans. Their washes tend to be lighter which I don't like, but at about $20 a pair, on average, it's hard to argue with.

You can also try department stores, like Nordstrom. Nordstrom is a bit higher end sometimes, but worth shopping for. Also, don't shop juniors sections. Actual adult women's jeans and areas tend to have better products, especially if you're a bit on the curvy side. Juniors jeans tend to not treat girls with figures very well.

I haven't hit AE in a looong time; last time I went through one, they didn't have anything that I could wear to work because it was all ripped and such. I'm almost 6' so as long as possible is great; I know how to hem, so it'd be a nice problem to have pants that are too long for once. I do like darker washes, so I might give them another try. I'm in dire need of new pants, and have been putting it off for way too long. One of my two remaining pairs just bit the dust with a nice crotch hole. :c
I tried Old Navy recently, apparently they think that if you need longs, you're not below as a size 16. At least that was the trend in the store by me. Not cool, maaan.

I've heard really good things about Nordstrom, but the nearest one is about 2 hours from me, which unless I get crazy desperate, is too far. I tried Kohl's and JCPenney today; nothing I cared for. All the women's were up to my belly button.

And yeah, juniors jeans. The "it's going to be too big on top so your a** hangs out constantly but too tight in the thighs / hips" fit.

Eloquent Vampire

HiIdr
Jagger-Wolf
I've had good luck with America Eagle jeans for quite a while. A good range of styles, they come in darker washes that I like, and reasonably priced. The pair of longs I have are actually quite long, to the point where I either have to hem them or fold up the back a bit, and I'm 5'7". I haven't been jeans shopping in a good long while, but these are the Slim Bootcut variety. You can try looking there.

I haven't hit AE in a looong time; last time I went through one, they didn't have anything that I could wear to work because it was all ripped and such. I'm almost 6' so as long as possible is great; I know how to hem, so it'd be a nice problem to have pants that are too long for once. I do like darker washes, so I might give them another try. I'm in dire need of new pants, and have been putting it off for way too long. One of my two remaining pairs just bit the dust with a nice crotch hole. :c
I tried Old Navy recently, apparently they think that if you need longs, you're not below as a size 16. At least that was the trend in the store by me. Not cool, maaan.

I've heard really good things about Nordstrom, but the nearest one is about 2 hours from me, which unless I get crazy desperate, is too far. I tried Kohl's and JCPenney today; nothing I cared for. All the women's were up to my belly button.

And yeah, juniors jeans. The "it's going to be too big on top so your a** hangs out constantly but too tight in the thighs / hips" fit.
Be careful to avoid older women's and plus size areas, they tend to have more... "awkward" styles, like higher waists and uglier washes.

I remember the torn up trend. I think that happens more around spring and summer time, too, now that it's fall they should all be solid and darker washes. You can also look at their men's jeans if you want, too. Depending on exactly what sort of shape you are, and what shape you want for your jeans, they might actually work out better for you. Tight thighs in women's jeans is annoying, I'm dealing with that even more so now that I've lost so much weight recently and am literally like a half size away from being back in my favorite jeans (waist fits fine, nice and long legs, but the damn thighs are just a bit too tight still) so you might avoid that with their men's jeans.

You can also try places like Marshal's and TJ Maxx if you have them around. They can be hit or miss, you really kinda have to dig for that one hidden gem, but it's worth it sometimes. Just turn on some music, put headphones on, and pick through it all.
Levi's have an extensive array of choices, you can find loads of different styles for a range of body types. You can also have a look at cheaper brands like Forever 21, they tend to have more skinny jeans but they have some stretch to them, so maybe you could find something there.

Goodluck : )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces