Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Girl

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I bought some cruelty-free dark lipcolor at Walmart on a whim.
I really really like it, and really regret the purchase at once.
How can I pull this off easily? I love to have dark eye-shadow looks, but I notice I look less... Evil... without the full-face dark makeup and the black lipstick alone.

Eloquent Vampire

Generally, the rule is: If you go heavy/dark/dramatic on the eyes, go nude or very neutral on the lip. If you go heavy/dark/dramatic on the lips, do nude or very neutral eyes. If you do both, it tends to be very overwhelming.

If you wanted to do that lipstick, do a very simple black winged eyeliner and some neutral shadows either in the crease or just enough to highlight.

Fashionable Gekko

11,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Trader 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Lip gloss can make any lipstick color look good. Also try smiling. It can really brighten up anyones apperance(as long as you have nice teeth)

Noob

Idk it looks pretty good on you
thelusa
Idk it looks pretty good on you

Playful Player

10,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I'd definitely top if off with a clear/black/dark purple gloss to give it a sheen, and then I'd do a basic black line for your eyeliner w/neutral eyeshadow over the eyelid. With something that eye catching, you've got to tone down everything else. (I have blue lipstick, & this works well for me)

Runway Icon

18,250 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Fearsome 100
If you wear smoky eyes with that kind of a lip which it looks kinda harsh and goth. If you want that look what you go for. We'll go for it. Well I think no because you could have nude lip stick with that smoky eye.
Go for a dark eye makeup look!

gurl please fill in those brows

that's all you need is a strong brow, bold lip and some mascara.
edgy and fresh.

Aged Girl

I've considered all the advice here... I need to look up eyebrow tutorials. Makeup artists tell me the same thing about my brows.
biggrin

Feral Kitten

With any dark lip color, it's usually best to have the rest of your face "natural" if you wear a full face, or at least tone it down, or else all of it just overwhelms your face. Since you don't appear to be wearing any other makeup in your picture, I'd recommend just shaping and filling in your eyebrows, wearing some mascara and eyeliner (thin cat eye liner would look good on you), and maybe a tiny bit of highlighter to lighten up your face, since the lipstick is so dark.
I like black lipstick on some blonde girls

Aged Girl

Update:

I saw a great look online with ombre black and red lips and I tried it:

User Image
User Image

It looks better than the pure black.

Dapper Pyromaniac

9,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100

I like to wear black lipstick with a neutral eye and sometimes I'll create
a gradient using a different lip color (i.e. red lip tint, purple lipstick, etc.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff