Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beelzhugs's Rival

Naughty Nerd

Ok I've been looking to buy a nice pair of ankle/knee high boots to wear out instead of just wearing my grey Chucks and I've been having a really hard time finding boots that fit or look good on me.

I have size 7 feet (according to my Chucks and running shoes) but my calves are big. Finding any type of boot to fit my leg is extremely hard because the ones that do fit my calves are too big for my feet. I don't go shoe shopping all too often so I really don't know where to go to find out where I can get boots that are my shoe size and fit my calves. I live in Canada and in a small city so we don't really have many shoe stores. But I'll list the ones that I know we have if anyone's been to that store or something similar.

Payless Shoesource
          The Shoe Company
          H&M
          Aldo
          SoftMoc
          Spring
          Winners

I also don't want to pay a lot for these boots, so at most I'll pay $60-$80 for a pair.
          Do any of you shoe shopping experts know any good places?

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Payless is garbage, and I can't speak for the rest of the stores you offer. My favorite shoe store is Famous Footwear. I've also had decent luck with Amazon, but always check the reviews before you order, so you can find out about sizing and how good the shoes are.

As for having thick calves, I can totally relate. Tight boots are a total no-go for me. I have loose Uggs, and also combat boots that zip in the back/side, and also lace up, so I can tie them as loose as I need.

My favorite boots I just recently bought are Roxy brand. They were $54, on sale. I love them and totally recommend them.

Beelzhugs's Rival

Naughty Nerd

Shark Bacon
Payless is garbage, and I can't speak for the rest of the stores you offer. My favorite shoe store is Famous Footwear. I've also had decent luck with Amazon, but always check the reviews before you order, so you can find out about sizing and how good the shoes are.

As for having thick calves, I can totally relate. Tight boots are a total no-go for me. I have loose Uggs, and also combat boots that zip in the back/side, and also lace up, so I can tie them as loose as I need.

My favorite boots I just recently bought are Roxy brand. They were $54, on sale. I love them and totally recommend them.

I'd love to get a pair of combat boots. There's a nice pair where I work but my feet are just a bit too wide to fit into the foot area...Which really disappointed me but I might try again when I'm alone.

I kinda wish we had Famous Footwear here and I'd try Amazon but I'm just iffy about if they'll fit or not.
Do you have a Tj Maxx or Marshall's? I bought the cutest brown pair and the cutest black pair of ankle boots there recently. They almost always have a big inexpensive selection of shoes and boots.

Aged Girl

Avoid H&M if you want heavier duty shoes that'll last for over a year.
Aldo is a good bet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces