Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Kitten

Hello!
I've been wanting to dye my hair a pastel/light colour for a while now, and now I've finally gathered up the courage and gotten my parents permission, I don't know what colour I want.

Originally I wanted to go baby blue or a light pink, but now I'm thinking maybe even a lavender, a bright teal or even a white or grey? I'm open to any colour suggestions at this point.

I have fair skin, that is usually pretty pale but can tan quite a bit in summer, with mixed undertones? My hair now is a chestnutish brown and I have hazel eyes.

I have looked at a bunch of hair colouring guides (along with a bunch of those "what colour suits you best" test things) and I can't seem to figure out what colours wouldn't look terrible.

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
I had a lilac/lavender ombre about two years a do when I first did my hair, I loved it, but I didn't up keep it, so it faded really fast. That's one thing you've gotta keep on top of with pastels. Up-keep, up-keep, up-keep.

Since then though, I've had dark purple, high-lighter pink, raspberry pink, teal and currently green. I'm still trying to fade the green out.

I'm going paste blue next. But I'm going to ask my hair dresser to strip and prep my hair for it, since I'm going to need to have white-blond hair for it, and there's still green in my natural brown hair. I've stripped it twice. o.o

Also! you're going to have to condition the s**t out of your hair since you're going to bleach the hell out of it, depending on your current hair colour. What colour is you're hair?

As for picking a colour, narrow it down to like a top three. Go on pinterest and instagram to get an idea of the colour you want, and you can use it as a reference for your hair dresser.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff