Welcome to Gaia! ::

my hair is already soft, smooth and healthy. i have no spit ends. i airdry my hair. after i shower, i don't rub it in my towel and stuff... i also rinse it with cold water. D: idk why I have so many flyaways? should I just trim my hair or..

wait idk if they're called flyaways.. lol. like, the ends of my hair flare out? and the ends of my hair are really separated from eachother.

Shameless Man-Lover

Do you put your hair up a lot? That might be the issue. Try to leave it down more.

And no, don't trim your hair. You don't need to if you don't have dry ends.

Beloved Vampire

You could use some hairspray. Just one or two sprays though, is all you need. Then brush through it. That's what I do for fly aways. 4laugh
this rainbow lover
Do you put your hair up a lot? That might be the issue. Try to leave it down more.

And no, don't trim your hair. You don't need to if you don't have dry ends.
Nope, I don't..

I thought maybe if i trimmed it the flyaways would stay down
TigersRawrr
You could use some hairspray. Just one or two sprays though, is all you need. Then brush through it. That's what I do for fly aways. 4laugh
Ahh the thing is, the smell of hairspray gives me a really bad headache >< well.. the ones I've tried

Witty Flatterer

8,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
kimtaeyeons
TigersRawrr
Ahh the thing is, the smell of hairspray gives me a really bad headache >< well.. the ones I've tried
Have you tried Garnia hairspray? Theirs is nice and fruity smelling not the nasty chemical smell that a lot of sprays have.
Imagine Eisley
kimtaeyeons
TigersRawrr
Have you tried Garnia hairspray? Theirs is nice and fruity smelling not the nasty chemical smell that a lot of sprays have.
i don't think i have. which ones have you tried? ^^

Witty Flatterer

8,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
kimtaeyeons
Imagine Eisley
kimtaeyeons
TigersRawrr
i don't think i have. which ones have you tried? ^^
I usually use the super hold in aerosol. It's like a helmet lol, but I have super thick coarse Italian girl hair so it works wonders for my frizzy mass. I've used some of their others though they all small the same.

Invisible Regular

I use argan oil in the winter when the static is unbearable. You can buy it at most salons, though any pure oil will work as well. Rub a dot over your hands then the lightly brush your hands over your hair.

o-o What HAVE you tried so far to tame them?

And is this for styled hair? (heat styled)

Bashful Ladykiller

For fly aways, I'd use a light application of a hair oil just to hydrate hair and help it lay flat, Like Moroccan oil, then if needed spray just a bit of hairspray in my hands and smooth over my hair.
But separation at end of hair and it flares out, I'd think split ends. And for that, just got a little trim.
Mariahoy Matey
For fly aways, I'd use a light application of a hair oil just to hydrate hair and help it lay flat, Like Moroccan oil, then if needed spray just a bit of hairspray in my hands and smooth over my hair.
But separation at end of hair and it flares out, I'd think split ends. And for that, just got a little trim.
It's not split ends
2jung1

huh? uh, i've done a lot of conditioning hair masks like using coconut milk, avocado, olive oil
i also wash my hair in cold water
also i don't use any heat on my hair and i don't use hairspray or any of that stuff sooo idk why my hair is like this :<
kimtaeyeons
2jung1

huh? uh, i've done a lot of conditioning hair masks like using coconut milk, avocado, olive oil
i also wash my hair in cold water
also i don't use any heat on my hair and i don't use hairspray or any of that stuff sooo idk why my hair is like this :<

Okay, I think I know what you're talking about. A lot of people with straight/moderately
straight hair get it...especially when it sits on anything. (most likely around shoulder length
hair) Other than using heating tools and styling products to tame the flare, you can try
hairsprays (Don't get the one's that make your hair crunchy. .-. it'll make your hair even
more piecey) and use a round brush to roll it in/straighter. Or maybe, while it's damp
use some styling creme/gel/primer. :l I usually do that with my curls and play with them
until they are almost dry, never really tried it on straight hair.

:l Other than that...I recommend a quick sweep with some heat styling. Round brushing
looks better in my opinion..unless you want PIN straight, flat iron. If you have stubborn hair even
while using heat...I find using a styling primer to help out quite a bit in keeping it
from flaring and doing weird tricks and s**t.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff