Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Hellraiser

User Image
User Image
User Image

Hey everyone! I'm back for advice again. I got this dress my junior year and I love and adore it, it makes me feel super great and amazing. Thing is, I live in the northern Midwest and it gets cold pretty fast. I recently got a job at hot topic and thought this dress could be great for a day I'm greeting or something, but I can't find anything decent to wear over it. Any suggestions?
(Um, I don't know why two of the pictures are upside down or if they're just upside down for me or whatever. I donno how to fix it and it's late.)

Eloquent Vampire

Pair with leggings, either fleece lined or not, tall boots, and an oversized cardigan or open front/zip/button up sweater. Top it all with a wool pea coat, or other good winter coat.

It's all about layers. You can layer them so you can add or remove them as needed throughout the day (underneath the fleece leggings you have fishnets, for example, and can take the fleece leggings off once you get inside).
Rather than over, warm it up by wearing things under it-- It could be as simple as black leggings and a long sleeve black shirt. Watch the shirts neckline shape though. I think a V-neck or something angled might look off. If you add a black turtle neck you can snazz it up with some sort of chunky jeweled necklace.
Wear a button blouse underneath it with fleece lined tights, wool socks and ankle boots,

or

Wear a waterfall cardigan with a circle scarf, sweater tights/leggings and taller boots.

Demonic Darling

13,590 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Nerd 50
I think I'd wear colorful leggings/tights to add some contrast, although there might be too much detail in the dress for that, not sure. Black will work as well, if you want, as well over-the-knee socks.
For tops, cardigans or a collared shirt popping out the top would be cute.

Komitkid's Wife

Leather jacket and boots? : )

Komitkid's Wife

A really cute sweater
Personally I'd go for a slouchy black cardigan and black leggings with a bootie. It'd be perfect for hot topic

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Junior Trader 100
I'm the same way! i love my dresses! i find them to be so flattering and i practically live in them. i went to nyc last january and all i brought was dresses. i pair mine with leggings rather than tights because they are warmer, a pair of ankle booties, possibly socks. A cute sweater along with a nice army green parka over top! (when outside)
i get alot of my sweaters from tillys, pacsun, and f21!
i always try to wear a patterned sweater with my fav black skater dress. it can definetly dress up a simple dress.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff