Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lunatic

i've been growing out a pixie cut for several months now and my hair has gotten
a lot longer but i'd like to have shoulder length hair and i'm looking for pretty fast results
(preferable in a month or less is at all possible) does anyone have any tips/advice?

here's my hair as of now

User Image

Eloquent Vampire

You can't. Your DNA controls your hair growth rate, and for most people, it's half an inch a month. Some get more, some get less, but there is no way to make your hair grow faster than it's programmed to. If your hair is programmed for half an inch a month, you'll never get one inch a month.

Yeah, you'll never get from your current length to your shoulders in a month. Absolutely, scientifically, physically impossible.

But you can encourage it's maximum growth rate in several ways. Take an over the counter multivitamin, some say biotin but I don't think it's necessary. Neither is prenatal, just a regular multivitamin is all you need. No chemical processes at all, coloring, bleaching, perms, etc. Deep condition the scalp and scalp massages can help. Drink lots of water, don't smoke, avoid excessive caffeine. Regular trims allow you to keep what growth you are getting instead of having it break off at the ends, or splits traveling up the hair shaft and making you need to have more length trimmed off each time. So you're getting the two steps forward, one step back effect with trims instead of two steps forward, two steps back allowing them to break off or split up too high. Make sense?

Lunatic

Jagger-Wolf
You can't. Your DNA controls your hair growth rate, and for most people, it's half an inch a month. Some get more, some get less, but there is no way to make your hair grow faster than it's programmed to. If your hair is programmed for half an inch a month, you'll never get one inch a month.

Yeah, you'll never get from your current length to your shoulders in a month. Absolutely, scientifically, physically impossible.

But you can encourage it's maximum growth rate in several ways. Take an over the counter multivitamin, some say biotin but I don't think it's necessary. Neither is prenatal, just a regular multivitamin is all you need. No chemical processes at all, coloring, bleaching, perms, etc. Deep condition the scalp and scalp massages can help. Drink lots of water, don't smoke, avoid excessive caffeine. Regular trims allow you to keep what growth you are getting instead of having it break off at the ends, or splits traveling up the hair shaft and making you need to have more length trimmed off each time. So you're getting the two steps forward, one step back effect with trims instead of two steps forward, two steps back allowing them to break off or split up too high. Make sense?

i never said i wanted/expected my hair to reach my shoulders in a month.
i said i want to see noticeable results in a month.

Eloquent Vampire

shagraths
Jagger-Wolf

i never said i wanted/expected my hair to reach my shoulders in a month.
i said i want to see noticeable results in a month.
Again, the average maximum growth rate for most people is half an inch a month. The easiest way to see any changes and growth is at the roots, especially if you've colored your hair recently. The line of demarcation is your best indicator. But again, if your DNA has programmed your hair to grow at the half an inch a month average, that's all you'll ever get, maximum.

High-functioning Noob

Focus all of your energy on your scalp, standing legs with your legs spread out and your fists clenched. Then, grimace and bellow out the full force of your anger and frustration in your life. Become super saiyan.

Eloquent Vampire

Obligatory Japanese Name
Focus all of your energy on your scalp, standing legs with your legs spread out and your fists clenched. Then, grimace and bellow out the full force of your anger and frustration in your life. Become super saiyan.
The longer I read this, the more I imagined one of these:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Until the last sentence.
Hair problems! It is with everyone, get rid from that as here are some tips which I prefer...
Morning Walk
Wash Hair with Amla and Shikaki
Do daily Yoga and Meditation

Prefer fruits and vegetables, drink pure milk every day, drink lot of water, 5 to 6 liters per day.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff