Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Bear

I recently used a Splat Aqua Rush box dye. I kind of knew it would come
out green in some parts, but I dyed it anyway.
lo and behold, it came out green _(:3 」∠ )_
some parts came out to be the Aqua Rush color, but for the most part, it's green.

I'm new to crazy hair colors.
Any recommendations for what toner/shampoo/conditioner to use?
Only the under layer of my hair is dyed. (if that matters)
in the future, I hope to color my whole head a pastel lilac color.
that, I'll probably (definitely) get it professionally done.

I have Asian hair. Dyed many times in the past. My current hair (before Splat) was already colored.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
If it is coming out green, it means your hair was too yellow. Next time get a toner to take that out before dying it blue.

I just like dont wash my hair that often 1-2 times a week and use shampoo meant for colored hair. Avoid anything that is like clarifiying. I never found conditioner to be an issue, so ijust use whatever. Rember that shampoo is for your scalp, conditioner is for not your scalp.

Tipsy Prophet

I use Ion color most of the time. Their teal and aqua are fantastic. I have their teal in right now and I only touch it up every 3-4 weeks. And that's washing 2-3 times a week with just whatever shampoo is there. Is awesome. However, Mane'n'Tail is a good shampoo for colored hair. So is Generic (you can find that and Ion at Sally's). If you bleached, also make sure you're using some kind of repairing something. I like Mystic Divine repairing conditioner. You can also use a dry shampoo to keep things clean without washing out the color.

Dangerous Ladykiller

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. you could try to tone out some of the yellow with diluted purple dye (something like pravana violet), but if your hair was not pale yellow before the dye was applied it won't do much. blues and tuquoises really need a very pale base to show true color.

if you want pastel lilac you will need a very even and very pale base. getting a professional (with LOTS of bleaching experience) will be easier than doing this on your own since it can be hard to do. highly suggest applying coconut oil to your hair and scalp the day before you bleach to help prevent damage and protect your scalp.

for washing, kiss your shampoo good bye. even sulfate free shampoos will strip color like crazy and splat is not long lasting. try CO washing, washing with just conditioner. you can use any silicone free shampoo or buy a cleansing shampoo for more cleansing action (but make sure it's silicone free to avoid build up). i love l'oreal evercreme cleansing conditioner and as i am coconut cowash. i only use shampoo now when i wash out bleach from doing my roots and it's crrrrrrrraaaaaazy how much color it pulls out compared to CO washing.

vinegar rinses can also be helpful to maintain color. there are lots of different ways to do this and everyone has a different dilution ratio so you may want to play around. i use about a cap full (such an accurate measurement, i know) of distilled white vinegar to about 8 oz of water. some use a spray bottle but i just pour it on. stinks a bit, but makes your hair SO SHINY.

Magical Bear

Dog

I have Asian hair too so I'll tell you what worked for me. c:

Some background info (don't need to read if not interested)

I had dip dyed blue hair for a year (and by dip dyed I mean the dye reached the tops of my ears and slowly grew out). I used Splat hair dye. I
managed to make it last for about three months before it started fading/becoming patchy. I think what really helps is that you bleach it well. (I tended to re-dye it every 3 months)

The reason why your colour turned out green was probably because you didn't bleach it enough. I bleached my hair twice before dying it blue. (:

Currently, I have my underside dyed blue and I got it done professionally which definitely makes a difference to the health of your hair (the bleach is more effective and less damaging).

I just use any random kind of shampoo that prevents colour from fading. As long as you only shampoo your hair about 1-2 times a week, the colour should last.

For conditioner, I use the Moroccan Argan Oil one from Organix. I squeeze maybe a tablespoon of blue dye in it as well. I leave it in during my entire shower in a top knot so that the conditioner can really soak into my hair. Remember to wash your coloured hair with ice cold water.

I run everyday and I managed to keep my hair colour very vibrant for about three months by doing this. c:

(by the way, in between washes, I tend to just rinse my hair with cold water and use leave-in conditioner afterwords.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff