Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

6,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
Princezz Brianna
Kibbity_Kabbit2
I'm doing a day of the dead theme. Which is really extreme for me, because of the makeup. I usually stick with really simple, pretty makeup. It'll be a first for me, but I'm really excited. I've already bought my costume. It was $30 from Kroger's & it's a can-can type costume. But it reminded me of the dresses the women wear. It's black & white striped with turquoise & lime green accents. It came with a choker & feather headband. I'm not sure which shoes I'm going to wear just yet. Any suggestions?
Here's a pic of how I would want the makeup will be done:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That is AWESOME! The makeup looks really intense but fairly simple to do, which is good. I think it'll look great.

For shoes, it depends. If you're going to a party, I would opt for sexy heels. But if you're going to be trick or treating or doing something involving alot of walking, maybe combat boots?
Yeah, I was going trick or treating with my friend. I have some ankle boots with a really low heel. I thought I'd just wear those.
I look down on girls who look like sluts on halloween. They take the fun out of it by being gross.

Also sailor moon isn't sexy fyi. I love sailor moon, people trying to make it sexy are stupid and probably wouldn't pull it off anyways.

I myself am going for an Arwen type look for halloween (LOTR)

Cutie-Pie

Averiyx
I'm going to be an extraterrestrial.

I'm going to make a dress in this style, but completely silver:
With my platform boots:
And a wig like this:

I'm hoping get UV reactive or at least glow in the dark body paint for some skin detailing.

ooh I may have to steal this idea from you. simple but cute. where's that dress from?

Cutie-Pie

Eira Gwynn
I'm going as a vintage trapeze artist, with a cute circus costume, ballet slippers and a tiny parasol. I've managed to find both the shoes and the dress for under ten dollars at a thrift store. I'm taking a full length gown and hitching it up before stuffing it with tulle so it has a sort of tutu look. The rest is just hair and cosmetics.

delicatedisarray

I was Louise Brooks last year, with this outfit:

User Image

Though I wasn't nearly devoted enough to the costume to go with that clever greyscale idea.

What kind of dress/ circus costume are you going with? Any pictures for inspiration? I love that idea.

Popular Conversationalist

I'm not doing s**t, so I'm not going to dress up. You guys have some really good ideas, though. heart

Tipsy Businesswoman

8,300 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • PvP 200
  • Millionaire 200
Going to be working, but im going to dress up as skull kid from majoras mask and pierce people. surprised
I'm making a TARDIS dress out of T-shirts. It's nearly complete.

7,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
User Image
▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄
Forever

User Image
I just ordered this kigurumi. So I guess I'll be wearing that this year. o / It will also be my PJ's for the whole winter.

User Image

Familiar Phantom

Sexts
I myself am going for an Arwen type look for halloween (LOTR)

BodyPiercer
Going to be working, but im going to dress up as skull kid from majoras mask and pierce people. surprised

These sound awesome.

Dapper Lunatic

iPYGG
Eira Gwynn
I'm going as a vintage trapeze artist, with a cute circus costume, ballet slippers and a tiny parasol. I've managed to find both the shoes and the dress for under ten dollars at a thrift store. I'm taking a full length gown and hitching it up before stuffing it with tulle so it has a sort of tutu look. The rest is just hair and cosmetics.

delicatedisarray

I was Louise Brooks last year, with this outfit:

User Image

Though I wasn't nearly devoted enough to the costume to go with that clever greyscale idea.

What kind of dress/ circus costume are you going with? Any pictures for inspiration? I love that idea.

I'm taking a full length dress with an off the shoulder detail and then hitching up the skirts so they've got a high swagged effect. then bolstering it with different colored tulles for the tutu look. Ballet slippers and a tiny parasol will complete it. I'll likely take photos as I make the alterations.

Sex Symbol

I kind of want to dress up as Marilyn Monroe. I'm a bit chunky though so I'm not sure how well that'd work out. sweatdrop
I kind of want to go as Severus Snape from Harry Potter, but I have no idea where to even look for the jacket. (Well, technically I know they have very similar ones on a few super-expensive goth sites, but spending $300 for Halloween would be completely stupid, so that's no help...) I haven't tried eBay yet though, so there may be hope for that idea yet.

I was also thinking of just being a random Slytherin student; I already have a white button-up shirt and I'm sure at least one of my black skirts would work. I also have a lot of snake jewelry that would go really well, so basically all I would have to do would be track down one of those HP ties that Hot Topic used to sell.

I'll probably just end up making some kind of vampire costume out of a wig from a Halloween store and a bunch of stuff from my normal wardrobe though. I'm sure I could make a pretty good outfit from a full-length black skirt and a corset with some lacy gloves and jewelry. I feel kind of pathetic, knowing I can create costumes out of my everyday wardrobe though. sweatdrop

Enduring Phantom

I want to either do a Slenderman costume, or a Roman toga ensamble inspired by Julius Caesar. I already have everything for the Roman outfit (5 yards of beautiful, solid royal purple suit fabric, gladiator sandals to match, my choice of large shirts to turn into tunics, and bendable synthetic ivy vines which I twisted into a laurel wreath) so I think that's what I'll be doing this year. 3nodding

Sparkly Star

7,825 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
my boyfriends nickname for me is bunny, so i was thinking of actually dressing up as a bunny, soft pastel poofy skirt, lots of lacy girlyness

plus you have to be 90lbs to fit into the commercial costumes, and they are all sooooo short

if i piece together my own costume i will be more comfortable and warmer

Clever Darling

17,640 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
I'll be going as a bee.
I bought this costume last year on clearance. I don't have the black knee-hi's though

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff