Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Ladykiller

Necrotic Funk
athousandsummers
Necrotic Funk

Hi! Just another question for you, have you heard of l'oreal hilights? I heard it considerably works really well!

L'oreal is one of the better "cheap" products, in my opinion, when it comes to hair color. They actually bought out Matrix, which is a professional product that I used back in beauty school. I've never personally had an experience with that particular product, but I can tell you that the results will vary depending on what you're coloring over. The best bet is to take a strand test.

I've heard a lot of good things about L'Oreal and their highlights for dark hair, but when you're not doing it over virgin hair, the results are much harder to predict.

My hair is throughout mostly a virgin. I got myself a red ombre right now, but before, i bleached it. I also had highlights,which are long gone, and a blonde streak in my bangs. However, that streak got redyed to dark brown. I heard Black can really mess it up, which is why im a little worried about it.

Anxious Fairy

8,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
athousandsummers
Necrotic Funk
athousandsummers
Necrotic Funk

Hi! Just another question for you, have you heard of l'oreal hilights? I heard it considerably works really well!

L'oreal is one of the better "cheap" products, in my opinion, when it comes to hair color. They actually bought out Matrix, which is a professional product that I used back in beauty school. I've never personally had an experience with that particular product, but I can tell you that the results will vary depending on what you're coloring over. The best bet is to take a strand test.

I've heard a lot of good things about L'Oreal and their highlights for dark hair, but when you're not doing it over virgin hair, the results are much harder to predict.

My hair is throughout mostly a virgin. I got myself a red ombre right now, but before, i bleached it. I also had highlights,which are long gone, and a blonde streak in my bangs. However, that streak got redyed to dark brown. I heard Black can really mess it up, which is why im a little worried about it.

Whats your idea for application? Would you be applying it only on certain parts?

Shameless Ladykiller

Necrotic Funk
athousandsummers
Necrotic Funk
athousandsummers
Necrotic Funk

Whats your idea for application? Would you be applying it only on certain parts?

I'd be buying three bottles of it because they're only like 1.7 oz and applying it to all of my hair with a 30 developer.

Anxious Fairy

8,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
athousandsummers
Necrotic Funk
athousandsummers
Necrotic Funk
athousandsummers
Necrotic Funk

I'd be buying three bottles of it because they're only like 1.7 oz and applying it to all of my hair with a 30 developer.

Yikes...well you definitely will not have a universal result since your hair isn't all the same colors. Doing a strand test would be a good idea, because different parts may have different results. The red in your ombre might not change at all. Red can be a tricky one, and it's best to try to fade the red dye before doing anything over it, but if you really want to do this, definitely do a strand test first.

You may need a different volume developer on the different parts, or one could need longer to process.

Shameless Ladykiller

Necrotic Funk
athousandsummers
Necrotic Funk
athousandsummers
Necrotic Funk

Yikes...well you definitely will not have a universal result since your hair isn't all the same colors. Doing a strand test would be a good idea, because different parts may have different results. The red in your ombre might not change at all. Red can be a tricky one, and it's best to try to fade the red dye before doing anything over it, but if you really want to do this, definitely do a strand test first.

You may need a different volume developer on the different parts, or one could need longer to process.

The red currently in my hair is (thankfully) a semi-permenant, so it will probably fade within the next 3-4 dyes, or less. But i'll definitely do a strand test first. Thanks!

Anxious Fairy

8,650 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
athousandsummers
Necrotic Funk
athousandsummers
Necrotic Funk
athousandsummers
Necrotic Funk

The red currently in my hair is (thankfully) a semi-permenant, so it will probably fade within the next 3-4 dyes, or less. But i'll definitely do a strand test first. Thanks!

Hopefully its a quick fading semi! Some reds cling on. There's a lot of great fading methods too if you want to make it happen faster. Good luck!
Insomniacide
Special Effects, whenever they re-stock.

this, though i've been waiting for them to restock for several months.
Some special effects are still around. If you want red, die your hair with loreal hilights for dark hair with 30 dev, then put special effects over it....it's a glorious, true true cherry red. I've been using cherry bomb....but im gonna switch over to nuclear red and see how that turns out.

Shameless Ladykiller

LESLEY THE UGLY DALMATIAN
Some special effects are still around. If you want red, die your hair with loreal hilights for dark hair with 30 dev, then put special effects over it....it's a glorious, true true cherry red. I've been using cherry bomb....but im gonna switch over to nuclear red and see how that turns out.

Thank you! I was going to use vampire red in the shower and quantium riveting reds in the shower.
I would take a look at pravana. You can get it online. It's used by professionals and is very good.

If you are planning on going dark and then light sometime after, stick with a demi-permanent color.

Dapper Codger

Pravana is what I used. It can only be bought with a license, but you can buy it from ebay for $10-12. Pricey, but worth it. The first picture on the left in my sig --- that's my hair faded after 2 months.

Sweet Shapeshifter

15,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Yep. i advise Cherry Bomb or Devilish. Runs $15 a bottle for where i can get it.
Insomniacide
Special Effects, whenever they re-stock.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff