Welcome to Gaia! ::

my natural hair is light brown but I had them dyed golden blonde

So I went to a salon two days ago
Ive been there before but the girl that had been doing my hair quit last year when she had a baby
so I thought 'well ive been there'
this place is also more expensive but I just thought then that I could trust all the girls
you know for what your paying

anyway I got there and the girl who was doing my hair was clearly new and I got nervous
what I wanted to go a little lighter on the top and leave the bottom a shade darker to look natural

I basically wanted highlights and low lights but I was nervous cause I could tell she was new
and i never really had to explain before...
and then it turned out the back of hair was burned from hair straightening bad.(so Im not straightening it now)
So she called a another girl over to look and i thought she understood what i was saying
So they dye my hair and i left and then i notice the top just they same blonde i had and the bottom half is dark. Really dark. So I have this ombre hair...

So when i was asking a girl at ulta (who was helping me with products) she said that they might not have taken into consideration the type of hair i have and it came out darker than intended

So should I go back to the salon?
Would the even fix it or would I just be wasting my time?

Dangerous Ladykiller

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. you should go back and at least get a partial/ full refund if you're not happy. you don't have to let them try to fix it if you don't trust their skills.

to lighten to dark areas you can try fading it a bit by mixing crushed vitamin c tablets with clarifying shampoo. lather it in to the dark areas and leave it on for 20 minutes then rinse and deep condition. you can do this multiple times.

you can also attempt to fully remove the color with sulfur based color removers such as color fix, color oops, color b4. these will stink like hell and require LOTS of rinsing. you'll want to rinse for like 15 minutes straight for a few days to make sure you get all the color out before applying any other dye or bleaching, otherwise it will "reoxidize" and the dark color comes back. you can do these multiple times as well, sometimes the first application doesn't get much out. they're usually best done 2-3 times. one last thing to note is that these will not necessarily return you to your original color. the process of dying with peroxide lightens your hair even when it is depositing darker color so when the color is removed the hair revealed is often lighter than your starting color.

if you don't want to try anything yourself or let the original salon try again try to find a salon with an colorist that is experienced with color correction. go in and ask questions, get a consultation and don't feel like you have to commit if you're not comfortable.
kage-ookami4
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. you should go back and at least get a partial/ full refund if you're not happy. you don't have to let them try to fix it if you don't trust their skills.

to lighten to dark areas you can try fading it a bit by mixing crushed vitamin c tablets with clarifying shampoo. lather it in to the dark areas and leave it on for 20 minutes then rinse and deep condition. you can do this multiple times.

you can also attempt to fully remove the color with sulfur based color removers such as color fix, color oops, color b4. these will stink like hell and require LOTS of rinsing. you'll want to rinse for like 15 minutes straight for a few days to make sure you get all the color out before applying any other dye or bleaching, otherwise it will "reoxidize" and the dark color comes back. you can do these multiple times as well, sometimes the first application doesn't get much out. they're usually best done 2-3 times. one last thing to note is that these will not necessarily return you to your original color. the process of dying with peroxide lightens your hair even when it is depositing darker color so when the color is removed the hair revealed is often lighter than your starting color.

if you don't want to try anything yourself or let the original salon try again try to find a salon with an colorist that is experienced with color correction. go in and ask questions, get a consultation and don't feel like you have to commit if you're not comfortable.

Thank you

I dont know what im going to do with my hair right know
I dont think Im going to try anything myself
but I will probably go to another salon in a month or two(to fix my hair before I leave for vacation)

Hygienic Bloodsucker

6,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Over Easy 100
  • Hygienic 200
Go back and ask for at least a partial refund, and always ask if the colorist has had a lot of experience. Don't go in there and assume they're all good because its expensive, many a time I see people complain that their hair has gotten a chop job or something because they assumed that it was good if it was a lot of money.

Also, the more damaged hair is, the more porous it is. When they put the dye on there it probably soaked that stuff up, making it more darker than it should have been.
Hair type has nothing to do with dye, other than if you don't take care of it and it becomes dry and damaged it will be harder to get what you want.

Other than that, go back, ask for partial refund, and start doing deep treatments because every chemical service damages hair.

3nodding

Enduring Phantom

I think it sounds like a communication issue, try bringing pictures with you next time. :3

Maybe it would be best to just leave your hair alone for awhile and let the damage grow out.
Areolyn
Go back and ask for at least a partial refund, and always ask if the colorist has had a lot of experience. Don't go in there and assume they're all good because its expensive, many a time I see people complain that their hair has gotten a chop job or something because they assumed that it was good if it was a lot of money.

Also, the more damaged hair is, the more porous it is. When they put the dye on there it probably soaked that stuff up, making it more darker than it should have been.
Hair type has nothing to do with dye, other than if you don't take care of it and it becomes dry and damaged it will be harder to get what you want.

Other than that, go back, ask for partial refund, and start doing deep treatments because every chemical service damages hair.

3nodding

I just went back yesterday and I said I would like at least a partial refund but they only offer to 'fix it'
less than a week from when I just got it done!
like right there she had time and could 'put some foil on'
Im so iffy on this place cause how many times can I say I wanted natural blonde hair(and I showed them a pic)
I held out my hair to show them that it clearly two different colors and she just stared. ugh

I told them I wanted to hold off
but its pissing me off more than hair should ever piss someone off
Im probably just going to go back and say Im not dying it anymore and just want a refund
I don't even know anymore >.<

Hygienic Bloodsucker

6,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Over Easy 100
  • Hygienic 200
Sparkbling
Areolyn

3nodding

I just went back yesterday and I said I would like at least a partial refund but they only offer to 'fix it'
less than a week from when I just got it done!
like right there she had time and could 'put some foil on'
Im so iffy on this place cause how many times can I say I wanted natural blonde hair(and I showed them a pic)
I held out my hair to show them that it clearly two different colors and she just stared. ugh

I told them I wanted to hold off
but its pissing me off more than hair should ever piss someone off
Im probably just going to go back and say Im not dying it anymore and just want a refund
I don't even know anymore >.<

Yeah, get a a refund. They should be watching over the new girls too, just because you're fresh outta school don't mean you should be left to your own devices right? And if they can't handle good customer service, then they shouldn't be open at all.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff