Welcome to Gaia! ::

Foundation?

Yes 0.546875 54.7% [ 35 ]
No 0.453125 45.3% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 64 ]
1 2 3 4 >

Foundation: Hate or love?

I personally feel like my face is heavy when I wear foundation, and I don't see much point in wearing it now my skin is clear.

I used to have terrible acne, so I'd slather on loads of foundation, which didn't help and probably made me look more disgusting.

Now, I just use a dab of green tinted concealer when needed, MEMEME powder and a little secret to make me radient.

Even though I use thease products, I do believe that radient skin lies not in what you slather on it, but on your cleanse and care routine.

At night, I use Lush's Angels on Bare Skin, which is a gentle exfoilient, before I go to bed. In the morning, I use Simple cleansing lotion, mineral water as a toner to remove remaining cleanser, and then Simple light moisturiser, with a few dabs of a rather more expensive SPF moisturiser along areas that catch the sun. My skin stays clear and soft.

But anyway, back to foundation.

If you have to wear it, I'd reccomend a light one, applied with clean fingers. That's just me, I prefer the bare-skin look, apart from on Halloween. Sponges can give an artificial look and require cleaning at least once a week for optimum performance.

And of course, your foundation should match your skin tone. I hate how lots of teens wander around with a mask of two shades too dark foundation on, thinking they look tanned. If you want to look tanned, use a good, suitable shade of bronzer on your cheekbones, nose, chin and temples. The places where the sun will catch basically.

There is a girl in my school who says, 'I'm not going to spend eight pound on a foundation and not let anyone know I spent the money on it'. She looks like an idiot. The foundation company didn't spend hundereds manufacutring a product designed to look natural for you to shove it on with a bucket.

So, do you wear foundation? When and why? What would you reccomend? What about application?

Btw: I can't help but give out advice. Lot's and lot's of it. biggrin
I wear a light layer of a nice powder foundation. It's very light and matches my skintone nicely, so it's barely noticable except that it evens out my skintone.
Yavie Feels Pretty
I wear a light layer of a nice powder foundation. It's very light and matches my skintone nicely, so it's barely noticable except that it evens out my skintone.
What brand is it?

Heart Giver

My favourite foundations are from MAC. I use the Studio Fix pressed powder and liquid foundations depending on how much coverage I want that day. When I was much more tanned, I used Physician's Formula Baked Bronzer as foundation instead. Hah.
I only wear it under mah eyes to try and hide my no sleep circles, other then that I HATE it (:
I have rather pink undertones, and I was like you. I used to have a bit of acne. Right now I only have a couple pimples, but now I have all these red marks (hyperpigemintation) to deal with. I use foundation that is almost as light as you can go, because I'm very pale.

My secret is to put on spf 45 right under a light amount of dream matte mousse foundation. Because of the zinc in the sunscreen, my skin has basically cleared up!

Your telling me, people my age are worse than ever about it, now that we are seniors. it looks so retarded to wear 15 shade darker makeup. Then again, they all fake bake anyways.
I need to get a decent concealer and moisturiser. But it's hard to find something decent, yet cheap in my skin tone. =[
Tallulah Taye
Yavie Feels Pretty
What brand is it?

Covergirl. =3
Textbook Enigmatic
I need to get a decent concealer and moisturiser. But it's hard to find something decent, yet cheap in my skin tone. =[

Loreal Infalliable. I don't know your skintone, but it's rather cheap and last forever.
Tallulah Taye
There is a girl in my school who says, 'I'm not going to spend eight pound on a foundation and not let anyone know I spent the money on it'.

Haha, classic.
NurEinWort
I only wear it under mah eyes to try and hide my no sleep circles, other then that I HATE it (:

Have you considerd getting an undereye cream? They cost a bit, but they last a long time as you only use a small amount, and if you get the right one they really work wonders.
Tallulah Taye
Textbook Enigmatic

Loreal Infalliable. I don't know your skintone, but it's rather cheap and last forever.

Darker Indian tone.
But I'll be checking that out in Boots tomorrow. =]
Fire_Angel6
bump

don't bump unless thread goes off the first page -_-
Textbook Enigmatic
Tallulah Taye
Textbook Enigmatic

Darker Indian tone.
But I'll be checking that out in Boots tomorrow. =]

I can't remember how many darker shades they stock. Why do make-up companies seem to assume that people of darker skintone don't wear make-up?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff