Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have never had a smelly feet problem, and I wear flats pretty often. My feet don't sweat in them, or end up stinking. I think it might be a problem with your flats. And it's agreed that you shouldn't wear shoes with flats, with the exception of the little ones you can wear that won't show like this:
User Image
my normal flats don't, but i have a metallic silver pair that make my feet smell like french fries. it's terrible. a friend of mine was joking around and took my shoe off in class, and my other friend asked if someone was eating french fries in the class.

eventually my friend gave me back my shoe and he and my other friend didn't find out, but they were close, afterall the shoe was in his hand.

i am trying to find some type of foot powder that will make it unstink, excuse the made-up word.

um, one question. when you say flats, do youy mean the shoe or the sock? i think you meant the shoe, correct?
Dr. GOD
Are you wearing all-cotton socks and making sure your feet don't get wet?
All shoes are nasty if you don't wear socks. As people said, there are powders for that. I've heard that if you put baking soda in your shoes overnight it gets rid of odor.

u dont wear sox w/ flats
YouandMe2009
Dr. GOD
All shoes are nasty if you don't wear socks. As people said, there are powders for that. I've heard that if you put baking soda in your shoes overnight it gets rid of odor.

u dont wear sox w/ flats

i do gonk

theyre pointelle and cream colored and sometimes i wear grey ones, purple ones or regular white ones.

and sometimes i don't. but socks are nice with flats if they match.
Get a mesh trouser sock, fill it with kitty litter, tie it off, and leave it in your shoe. It will absorb the ordr.
Unless you have canvas flats, I don't see why they should be smelling o.O I have so many pairs (I work in a shoe store) and only the canvas ones seem to smell.

Doting Darling

14,350 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
I have no such problem... In fact most of my shoes still smell new. If you wear shoes without socks or stockings I bet your feet will stink... But I always wear something between my shoe and my foot.

If you have trouble with your feet smelling it's probably because your feet sweat in the shoes. Try shoes with air holes in the top for ventilation. Also you can use baby powder on your foot and in your shoe before putting it on to avoid moisture build up. I also highly recommend not wearing shoes without socks on... Unless it's sandals or something...
i wear socks, and change them.
my feet don't stink.

shocking, i know surprised neutral

Doting Darling

14,350 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
YouandMe2009
Dr. GOD

u dont wear sox w/ flats
You can if they are thin dress socks. Also stockings can be worn with flats. Be them nude or coloured... depending on what look you want. It's usually a good idea to avoid bare contact between your foot and your shoe...

If she chooses not to, I still say the baby powder is her best bet. The thing that makes your feet smell in a shoe is sweat... So it's just like wearing deodorant so your shirts and underarms don't smell. It absorbs the moisture... Same idea...

6,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Statustician 100
Mine used to reek until I discovered those socks at the top of the page. They're a Godsend, I'm wearing them right now!
Professional Toilet Roll
Mine used to reek until I discovered those socks at the top of the page. They're a Godsend, I'm wearing them right now!
Where do you get those socks from anyways and how much do they cost?
They don't make my feet smell..I love flats. :]
Sprinkle a little baby powder in your shoes. They won't stink and the powder absorbs sweat.

PS, they sell those little socks for flats at JCPenney.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff