Welcome to Gaia! ::

Here is money.

Thank You. 1 100.0% [ 72 ]
Total Votes:[ 72 ]
1 2 3 >

Hilarious Puppy

My first post here. Sorry if its not appropriate.

I've been looking ALL OVER the internet for fake eyeglasses. I have 20/20 vision, but I know I like cute in glasses. I can't find any in any store near me, including the Dollar Store. I think I can get the frames with plain glass at any store that sells normal eyeglasses, but I am afraid I heard it will cost me upwards $100. I'm looking for plastic type. Preferably, thin black frames.

Any help?
My friend got hers at hot topic.

Edit: But she got hers like last year so I don't know if they still sell them.

Hilarious Puppy

Luna_92
My friend got hers at hot topic.

Edit: But she got hers like last year so I don't know if they still sell them.

Ok. Thank you. I heard hot topic had them, but I wasn't very sure. I know its not listed on their website.
Once I needed fake glasses for a halloween costume, so I bought sunglasses (edit: drugstores sometimes sell stylish reading glasses, too) and punched the lenses out. You could do that. Unless you want fake lenses, too. Then I don't know.

Do you have a costume shop in your town?

Hilarious Puppy

Yucky Ramen
Once I needed fake glasses for a halloween costume, so I bought sunglasses (edit: drugstores sometimes sell stylish reading glasses, too) and punched the lenses out. You could do that. Unless you want fake lenses, too. Then I don't know.

Do you have a costume shop in your town?

Yeah. I might check into that. I just don't want to spend gas to drive there and see they only carry the silly eyeglasses. x3

If I get desperate, I'm probably going to have to waste gas anyway.
I second the "punching the lenses out" technique. I always wanted glasses when I was little, so I bought some fake ones for wearing around the house.

5,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
I think buying a cheap pair and just punching the lenses out would look stupid. You can probably find a good, cheap pair without a prescription in it from a site that sells theatre costumes. Popping the lenses out would just make it look too obvious that you´re not wearing them because you need them.
I love the way I look with glasses too. biggrin
I've been telling my parents I need glasses for over a year now, but they know I only want them for apperances. I actually have really good eye sight.

I'm just saving up so I can buy myself a high quality pair from an actual glasses store. I don't really like to buy things like that cheap, so I'm prepared to spend over $200 on mine.

I haven't seen them anywheres else, anyways. I think Walmart has a section devoted to glasses, I'm sure those would be cheaper then if you went to a lens crafters or something.

Rainbow Fatcat

7,550 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Grunny Harvester 150
actually ive seen them at claires before and the icing so maybe check out on of those kind of stores

Claires and icing usually have them.

I know hottopic used to I haven't been there in some time to know if they still do.
I actually wear fake glasses too. I got some at Hot Topic, but they stopped selling them.

Some of the other ones I have I got at Claire's. They usually have really cute glasses.

The glasses in my sig. Picture actually came from there. They have poka dots.
Claire's has them.
Although I bought my pair at one of those sunglasses kiosques in the mall.
CVS or Rite Aid usually has them.
Coming from a person who has to wear the darn things: Why?!!? gonk Glasses are annoying and get in the way of concerts, kissing, working, and any other heavily active thing. Like DDR >:[

But yeah, like everyone's said, hot topic, CVS, etc. If you want to get authentic I know you can buy the frames from lenscrafters and ask to just put glass in. The frames are pretty expensive, but they're durable and you wont have to worry about the glasses slowly going crooked if you get the frames that can stretch backwards whee Even then, if you get wire frames chances are the things are going to go crooked over time. Plastic frames have worked nicely for me, but they kind of remind me of emo glasses ---& emo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff