Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Lover

14,150 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Bookworm 100

So like. I gotta get my eyebrows waxed soon.
Cause i'll admit, they need jesus. Its been a while since i've gotten them done.
I have super sensitive skin and some acne though, so it usually makes for a painful experience.
Afterwards it usually hurts really badly and my eyebrow area gets super red and sensitive and idk.
I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for reducing the redness/pain afterwards? c:

Adored Darling

GREEN COLORED BASE MAKEUP such as a primer or concealer or cream or moisturizer.
It's hard to find but green will null out pinks and reds in the skin.

I use Etude House's Baby Choux Base in Green, and swear by it whenever I get a spot on my face. Or when I tweeze my eyebrows RIGHT before heading out the door, because my skin turns quite red were I pluck. The easiest place to buy it since it is a Korean cosmetic product is on eBay for about $10 up to $18. The one I own is from an older collection so it is in a pot, but I like the idea of the tube much better. PROMISE. THIS STUFF WORKS AMAZINGLY WELL FOR LIGHTER SKINTONES. (Not sure how it would work on bronzed skin and darker.)

As for pain I usually apply an ice pack when I get home after getting waxed. (Or really anything cold.) That's the best I got, so you may want to seek out other tips for pain.

Shameless Man-Lover

Rub a piece of ice on your brow when you get home. Apply some nice, calming lotion afterwards, like Aveeno.

Shirtless Guest

9,150 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
All I know is that you're supposed to avoid sunlight haha

MR SUSHl's Wife

Fatcat

7,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
♥♥♥

if your skin is that sensitive maybe you should just tweeze?

♥♥♥

Lonely Nymph

If you have the option where you live, I say get them threaded instead. There's no wax involved and it's a much faster process.

Friendly Bookworm

I would ask the place where you are getting it done if they have something for sensitivity to make the visit easier.

Afterwords, apply cool aloe gel or lotion and avoid the sun, exfoliation, and use of very hot water/chorline treated water for 24-48 hours.

Afterwords, I would really look into keeping up with tweezing (with a darn good pair of tweezers) and maybe as someone suggested, take threading a try.

If you go with threading, please make sure it is in a salon and things are staying sanitary and have some privacy. I am not a fan of those kiosks in the mall where EVERYONE sees you and it isn't too clean.

Dapper Codger

But numbing gel. They're often for the bikini area, but you can use them on your eyebrows. Just don't get any in your eye. They're aroundb 10.

Or use ice to numb the area first before waxing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff