Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shapeshifter

My black combat boots were completely falling apart, so I threw them out a few days ago :'<
Now I need a new pair!!
They're basically my default shoes for everyday wear for school, and work, and basically everything.

My old pair:

Madden Girl - Spent $25
    Lasted 6 months before starting to fall apart. Mostly the soles coming off and became leaky to water/rain.
    Managed to make them last 1 and half years with glue... lol but there was no saving them now.
    Wore them nearly everyday.

Ideal Aesthetic: Steve Madden Tropa2-0
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I like the height, the texture, zipper, and plain-ness of it.

However, reviews seem to indicate that it lasts 3 months before starting to fall apart. (w/ everyday wear)
My budget isn't strong enough to risk $100+ on shoes that won't last.

Do you guys know a brand/shoe that can last a long time and that would be equal to or cheaper than the rate I got for my first pair?

Something that can stay in good, non-leaky condition for a better deal than $25 per 6 months.

Eloquent Vampire

Doc Martens are the best out there, I think. As far as basic and functional goes, at least. You'll pay a good amount of money for them initially, but take care of them properly and they'll last you decades.

Here's what they have for women's boots, but feel free to check out the men's, too. I find Docs are pretty unisex as far as actual fit and function is concerned, style just can vary by gender.

http://www.drmartens.com/us/c/Womens-Boots

Tipsy Prophet

15,625 Points
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
I have those boots! I bought them in the spring last year (I think), and they're still going strong. Because they are leather, you do have to take the time and effort to actually care for them. So that means cleaning and spraying them. I used the same spray that I got in a kit for my leather jacket I bought a few years back. The Steve Madden boots are pretty comfy, but you do need to break them in a bit.

I've heard a lot of good things about Doc Martens too, though they are a bit more up there in price. They're going to be my next pair. After I get my UGG Adirondack boots.

Jaskers's Waifu

Cluttered Decorator

If you're looking for legit combat boots army surplus stores are super great. I had bought a pair for $40, got em over four years ago and I can still wear them :Y Docs are also nice but imo they don't break in quite as easy, could just be the style I have but ???

Fairy

I have a pair of brown leather lace-up boots from Roots that are absolutely amazing and really comfortable. They are $200+ but they'll last your entire life.

EDIT: I've heard Doc's are really difficult to break in as well, although their style might fit yours better.

Gracious Gekko

I'd have to say Docs too, I wear them every day now. I had to get super-thick hiking-grade socks to wear them, though. They do cost a lot (over a hundred dollars, generally), but they are super hardy, nothing sticks to the soles and they can get you through anything over a looong time.
Other than that, yeah, army surplus will have a good selection.
save for a pair of doc martens. i've had mine for 4+ years and they are just now starting to wear out a bit. i've worn them through every season but summer, at my job working in a kitchen, on hiking trips, and more. they're expensive but it's well worth it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff