Welcome to Gaia! ::

Thieving Scrounger

36,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
when did you discover your fashion sense/style? I think I was about three. I knew then I was into sparkles, mismatched items, anything rainbow or just plain out of season. I wore a pink sparkly bathing suit all year round. In kindergarten I would purposely wear two different color socks and hair in pigtails so I could be like Punky Brewster. Or I had to wear tights. I was always always poor, so it was thrift stores, McFrugal's, Wal Mart or nothing. I am still that way. All my clothes, except for the occasional Ross trip, are from thrift stores. I like to mix weird prints and colors. I also like to look nautical or like a mermaid faery princess rainbow puke thing.

what are some of your favorite clothing stores?St. Vinnie's, Goodwill, Ross, Target, Delia's (online), ebay

do you have an inspiration for what you wear (ex: a celebrity's style or maybe a favorite color scheme)? mermaids, faeries, Punky Brewster, the 1960s hippie movement, holidays, grunge, blue, rainbow, sparkles, sequins, stripes
Aw that's cute <3

When did I discover my style: I always had a pretty distinctive style - I liked boyish things, black things, mixing pretty things with chunky, mens' gear...but I hardly ever wore what I wanted because people around me would give me truckloads of crap for it. It was my style but it was probably kinda ugly.

When I was about 21 I got out of a really controlling 3-year long relationship with a guy who was adamant that all girls with short hair were ugly.

Sooo first thing I did was chop all my hair off into a pixie cut and absolutely loved it. Doing that gave me a lot of courage to forget what people told me "mum: you wear too much black, it makes you look sick! friends: you dress like a boy people will think you're a lesbian!" and if I like something, just rock it.

THEN

AHA THEN

In early 2011 I discovered a small fashion label based in my own home town. And I bought some s**t from there and the designer himself told me he liked my style when I came in to pick up my order and wow was that ever cool. And I met other girls through the label and THEY liked my style too and that was just so weird for me.

So I let it loose a little more and started wearing the things I reeeaally wanted to wear. And I like it. Lots. And now I work at that fashion label - we're not so little any more! - with great people who inspire me every single day. And sometimes say they like my style, which floors me every time because I never ever considered myself fashionable.

Favourite clothing stores: Black Milk Clothing, UNIF, Jeffrey Campbell, Monster Aesthetics, Actual Pain, CUE, Kitten D'Amour.

Inspiration: My work colleagues. They're all so different but so, so fabulous. Not even kidding, the ladies I work with are the most stylish people on the planet.

Witty Genius

Double Boubble

hey I'm in the same situation you in I'm starting to really get into a more fashion sense, it can get pretty tough especially when you wear a size 20 crying . but its all depends on your style i kinda like really cute almost childish stuff mix in with high-fashion and geekness. depending on your financial situation forever21 has a plus size section online and sometimes in selective stores. and sometimes rainbows have some pretty decent clothing in there plus size section.

Bashful Giver

7,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Engi3Piece
Double Boubble

hey I'm in the same situation you in I'm starting to really get into a more fashion sense, it can get pretty tough especially when you wear a size 20 crying . but its all depends on your style i kinda like really cute almost childish stuff mix in with high-fashion and geekness. depending on your financial situation forever21 has a plus size section online and sometimes in selective stores. and sometimes rainbows have some pretty decent clothing in there plus size section.

i love forever21's plus size section and i have a few items from there on my wishlist lol (i window shop too much)
i havent tried rainbows.

Witty Genius

Double Boubble
Engi3Piece
Double Boubble

i love forever21's plus size section and i have a few items from there on my wishlist lol (i window shop too much)
i havent tried rainbows.

Yea some of the items at forever21+ are super cute just came into some money (financial aid woot,woot) so a lot of stuff on my wish list i went ahead and bought it before i spent on video-games and other nerd like items. Rainbows have some really good bottoms and sometimes tops for like 20$. one time I went inside and layne Bryant and cried because everything in their was so expensive.

Bashful Giver

7,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Engi3Piece

i hate it when all of the good clothes are worth so much or are over priced >.<

Romantic Mage

11,800 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Wow, threads never die in heaven, huh?
I'm too used to the CB where threads are born and die every second.

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
I discovered my fashion sense/style when I was 17.
Faovurite clothing stores: Black Milk Clothing, boohoo.com & Topshop.
Yes, Taylor Momsen's style, though not so...out there, as her, lol & Effy Stonem's from Skins.

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
love in a teacup

This is going to be such a dumb question, but do you work at Black Milk?
Born Backwards
love in a teacup

....Yes razz

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
love in a teacup
Born Backwards
love in a teacup

....Yes razz

*bows down*
You guys are AMAZING!! Thankyou so much for making such awesome clothes!

Super Smoker

My style changes on a day to day basis, simply because I like so many different things.
I adore lace. I adore hardware. I adore tribal. I adore feathers.

I don't shop anywhere specific, I flock towards cheap though. P: (college life ftw.)

Zooey Deschanel has a fantastic style though. If I could have anyone's wardrobe, it'd be hers.
love in a teacup
Born Backwards
love in a teacup

....Yes razz

you guys are...amazing

4,475 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
If you don't have much extra cash, try thrift stores. Value Village is fricking amazing. I've gotten so many nice dresses and such there for not even $10.

I'm personally still experimenting but I've noticed no matter what I wear, I tend to have a bit of a cutesy look. I blame all the anime I watched growing up (and still do...). How I dress at any given time usually depends on what I've been doing lately. If I've been watching a show or a movie or reading a book, I usually get it from that. Lately I've been watching a lot of Audrey Hepburn movies so I've become obsessed with little black dresses. Again, even when I'm wearing those I manage to make them look a little cutesy.

4,475 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
Oh and adventure clothes! I mean, you always watch movies and read books where people randomly go on adventures (they get pulled into other worlds or impulsively run away or something apocalyptic happens, etc.) so they're stuck in whatever they're wearing for a while so ever since I was little I was always prepared. Apparently my friend was and still is the same way. So we always make sure we look nice (you know, that's always a priority) but we're also comfy enough to go adventuring.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff