Welcome to Gaia! ::

hey everybody, I'm itching to get my second tattoo sometime soon but sadly, I have no artistic talent.

I have two designs in mind but I want to spice them up a little bit. If you can do this for me, you'll get a nice reward. Any submissions whatsoever will get up to 500 gold depending on how much I like them. If I decide to use your design then I'll give you 50,000 150,000.

Yes? Okay.

Here are the two symbols you can take and run with! Keep in mind that both of them have a special meaning to me so don't lose the symbol in the art. I want to be able to tell what it is.

User Image

A triskelion. There's a deeper meaning behind the symbol that I don't feel like explaining right now, but if you want to read up on it that will probably give you a leg up in terms of the competition. (:

User Image

These four symbols are runes. Uruz, Inguz, Gebo and Dagaz, respectively. The only thing you should retain is the general shape of them (don't get too abstract, they should resemble the actual characters) and the colors. As in uruz = red, inguz = light blue, gebo = dark blue, and dagaz = yellow. Any shade of the colors mentioned is fine as long as all four look nice together in the color scheme.

That's it! Go crazy.
Okay, okay. 50k is not a lot. The reward has been increased.

Enduring Phantom

Most people will only do a commissioned piece of art after they've been paid.

Why don't you take the symbols to the tattoo artist and have them draw something up for you?

The symbols themselves are really simple- how exactly do you want people to build on them? What artistic style do you want? Where will the tattoo be placed? Do you want the triskelion in black? Finally, yellow does not tattoo well. Dagaz will probably have to have a black outline, or it will get lost against your skin.
yeah, i know. sweatdrop

the thing is, i don't have a tattoo artist yet, and finding one then going to see them is more time-consuming then just taking my search here. i live in new york and most of the better, more established artist are in manhattan and such which is 1hr+ away from me.

plus the fact that "sometime soon" doesn't really mean REALLY soon. it'll be at LEAST six months before i get it.

you could pretty much do whatever you want with them, as long as you hold on to the general idea of the symbols. e.g. the three connected spirals of the triskelion and/or the shapes of the runes.

the triskelion will probably be somewhere on my back (so any size is fine) and the runes will be under my left breast, so that one should be smaller.

the trisk doesn't have to be black. any color.
also, i know that, especially since my skin is olive tone. it doesn't have to be that soft yellow shade in the picture though. i think all of the characters will have a dark outline.

Eloquent Vampire

Broconut
I travel across 4 states, large Western states (none of those little tiny upper Eastern state nonsense), to get tattooed and pierced about 4 times a year. If I can do that, you can travel an hour away, and in a city like New York, I bet the public transit is a dream come true.

Your best bet is to look around at artist you may be interested in, narrow it down to your top 3 choices, then visit them. Look at portfolios, ask questions, get some sketches done, then make a decision on what artist you want to draw the final product. Pay them their deposit fee, usually about $50 which is added into the total final cost of the tattoo itself, then go back once the artwork is done. Then have them tattoo it for you.

This is part of a tattooists job. This is what people pay them to do. You might as well utilize their skills and do it.

Hallowed Mage

5,100 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Millionaire 200
I will do it for 25k. I have no examples, but if you are willing to give me a chance to show you my skills I would be honored. If you don't like it, you don't even have to pay me. Message me with all the details if you'd like me to give it a try.

Thieving Scrounger

36,475 Points
  • Married 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Can I just make a design for you for fun and you pay me only if you like it?
From someone who has tattoos... just go to a tattoo shop that is reasonably priced and has great reviews and talk to them.

Tipsy Explorer

I'm down for this.

What part of the body are you getting it done?
You want the runes and triskelion in the same piece to mesh?
What style of tattoo are you interested in?

Chatty Smoker

Take it to a tattoo artist. Usually they'll draw up something for you for free since you're giving them money when you get the tattoo. The artist I went to always drew up designs for free, then you can decide whether or not you wanted the design. It's best to have THEM draw it, so then you can see if they have the ability to tattoo it and see it how you do.

Trust me, do it that way. It'll save you money, whether it be Gaia gold or actual cash.
Blue Eyed Wallflower
Can I just make a design for you for fun and you pay me only if you like it?

of course!
oXCaddie_DeVilleXo
I'm down for this.

runes will be under my left breast and the trisk would be somewhere on my back, so they're two separate things.

though if you think you could put them together in some awesome hybrid thing, that would be ******** amazing actually.

any style in which you think you'd draw the coolest piece. :D

Tipsy Explorer

Broconut
oXCaddie_DeVilleXo
I'm down for this.

runes will be under my left breast and the trisk would be somewhere on my back, so they're two separate things.

though if you think you could put them together in some awesome hybrid thing, that would be ******** amazing actually.

any style in which you think you'd draw the coolest piece. :D
If you want them seperate like that, I agree with every one else about justt taking them to a shop. They are simple designs and I doubt an artist would charge a drawing fee.

I have an idea on how to combine them. I'll work on that for you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff