Welcome to Gaia! ::

Big Baby

17,675 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
Hi! I was wondering if any of you have experience with thick, coarse, kinky-curly long hair. If any of you have cute hairstyles you've seen made, or specific blogs even maybe (?) it would be so helpful! I really want to be able to do cute things with my hair. All I can do is put it in a bun or wear it down, and it's so boring. If any of you want a picture of it to see how bad it really is, I can post one or two.

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
My hair is most of those things too. If you look up "Protective styles for natural hair" or "protective styles updos" there's lots of cute ideas, some are buns but you get a lot of other ideas to. naturallycurly.com, On youtube the people with long hair I like to look at are naptural85, Chime Edwards, Taren Guy, LHDC, and Kimmaytube. If you're hair is looser texture than an afro, WaterLilly716 has curly non-fro texture. Even if someone's hair isn't the same as yours you can adapt the style to your own length and texture. The options are endless, undoes, braids, twists, historic hairdos, non-standard buns.

Big Baby

17,675 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
apiyo
My hair is most of those things too. If you look up "Protective styles for natural hair" or "protective styles updos" there's lots of cute ideas, some are buns but you get a lot of other ideas to. naturallycurly.com, On youtube the people with long hair I like to look at are naptural85, Chime Edwards, Taren Guy, LHDC, and Kimmaytube. If you're hair is looser texture than an afro, WaterLilly716 has curly non-fro texture. Even if someone's hair isn't the same as yours you can adapt the style to your own length and texture. The options are endless, undoes, braids, twists, historic hairdos, non-standard buns.

Thanks so much. ~
Headbands and hats look really great on super curly hair! Also try clips, braids, and twists are really cute too!

O.G. Fatcat

6,625 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Dressed Up 200
My hair is really curly and a lot of what makes the style is how your hair is cut.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff