Nay 0.64285714285714 64.3% [ 18 ]
Total Votes:[ 28 ]
1 2 >

Liberal Lionheart

8,525 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Mark Twain 100
So I have a really cute short black and purple dress( I don't like the traditional prom dress style) for prom, and when i tried it on at the store I was wearing leggings and combat boots for a dress I was wearing that day, and I thought they looked really cute with my prom dress. I'm thinking why not? I'm too tall for heels, could never find a decent pair my size anyway, and people with heels are just going to take them off when we get there... I'd just need to convince my mom. (she gripes about every little thing my sisters and I do and wear if isn't something she'd do. She doesn't understand we are our own individuals...) xP

Anyways, do you think it's an okay idea? If so, how do I convince my mom?

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
I wouldn't. Prom is formal, combat boots are casual. But it's your prom, do what you want.
I wouldn't wear combat boots, no. If you like the look of boots, how about something like these?
http://www.office.co.uk/view/product/office_catalog/2,10/1416200482
http://www.office.co.uk/view/product/office_catalog/2,10/1377000482
http://www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/shoes-430/boots-460/anderson-slash-boots-2655340?bi=1&ps=200
Also, I wouldn't wear it with leggings (don't know if you were intending to do that), nude or very thin black tights would probably be best - I usually end up wearing thicker black tights even though they don't look as nice because they're warmer and aren't so prone to ladders lol

Though ultimately, it doesn't matter if you really want to wear the combat boots and can't be bothered getting new shoes. Feeling content with what you're wearing and spending the night with people you like is, after all, what makes the occasion. Not what shoes you're wearing.

Lavish Ladykiller

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
well not with that dress if i were to wear combat boots to prom i'd wear like a salsa dress with a high low cut with a semi-train

my friend wore vans to homecoming to match her date

but the salsa dress thing still stands otherwise it might look really tacky and dressed down.

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
Absolutely not.

That kind of fashion faux pas is about as bad as the early 2000s trend with the t-shirt and tie.
There is no such things as too tall for heels, and you clearly dont shop much if you cant find at least 1 good pair. Combat boots are fugly for a prom situation, you are going to have a lot of embaressment when you look back on doing that. If you really dont want to wear heels much, buy one pair for the pictures and stuff then get flats for partying.

Shameless Fatcat

Combat boots are clunky, stick to the dance floor, and scuff everything. No, I would not wear them to prom. Neither would I go barefoot, because the idea of my bare feet touching a floor covered in the sweaty foot germs of a bunch of teenagers, a few who won't have the best hygiene, is seriously revolting.

There are thousands of different flats on the market if you're anti-heel.

Tipsy Prophet

So, before we met, my husband took a friend of his to homecoming. She was older than him and went to a very different school. She always got flake for being who she was. She wore a shorter dress with combat boots. To this day--5 or 6 years later--she still talks about how amazing it was to wear those boots. It wasn't the boots, it's that she was comfortable enough with him to be herself and he encouraged her to be herself too. So, if combat boots is what you want, go for it. No one will even give a ******** come the morning. It's prom. I remember little from my senior prom and I only remember my husband's because that was the night he proposed to me.

Fashionable Gekko

11,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Trader 100
  • Cart Raider 100
I wouldnt do it. It seems so tacky
Yeah, as much as I love combat boots, I don't think it'd be a good idea. You could always just wear flats.

Lavish Wench

12,450 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Battle Hardened 150
Eh, keep the formal affair formal. There's a certain level of edgy that's acceptable, but combat boots to prom is just too much.

It's not about stifling who you are. It's just in poor taste.

If you're too tall, wear flats. Let the dress do the talking. You said yourself you're already opting for something nontraditional.
Maybe for anti-prom.
I don't know, it's kinda hard to visualizeā€¦ but it sounds kind of 90's tacky sad sorry! maybe you can find a comfortable pair of flats to wear if you don't want to wear heels!
Honestly I love the idea but I think to pull it off you need a super pretty, feminine dress. So the contrast is the point.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff