Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey there - to avoid delving into too much detail about the past, please look at my information thread linked in my signature.

I'm new to buying clothing, basically...I have a rough idea of what I'd like, but any input would be amazing. I want a cute, conservative style, no flashing of anything, to wear around the house and very occasionally out.

This is the kind of thing my friend Abby suggested when I asked what she thought would suit Ellie, but I'm having real trouble finding things like that in adult sizes. Where would I look?

Also, would people be happy to explain the various styles of skirts to me?

Thank you!
Well this like that could be bought from yesstyle.com in adult sizes but its all shipped from asia and I'm not sure of the sites reliability myself as I've never purchased anything from there.

The style in the picture you posted could easily be accomplished by making your own bows and adding them to printed and colorful basics you could pick up anywhere.

Another option is to check the handmades on etsy or storeenvy
Google is your friend, if you really want to learn about girls clothing put the time and effort into it. You can easily search up the styles of skirts.

I think it would be easier for you to avoid places like amazon and go for stores like H&M or forever 21. Then you will be getting clothes people actually wear. Looking for children's clothes in big sizes (idk how big you are too, because a women's 2-4 can be a child's 14-16) is hard, but you can go for teen stores.

Kliapatra's Partner In Crime

Beloved Bunny

16,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
If you're looking for casual and comfy, keep an eye out for sweatpants or yoga pants in patterns. Suggesting these since they're good for around the house and loser--adult pants of other kinds tend to be tighter than you probably want.

That and a basic long sleeve shirt, and you have a solid base to DIY some bows on there.
(You will not find quality clothing in adult sizes that look exactly like that, so you'll have to improvise.)

Pin-on bows can be bought from Etsy or you can learn to sew some yourself.

Googling terms like "types of skirts" are a good way to go, as well.

Fashionable Noob

I kind of don't want to endorse this, but maybe you should check out casual sweet lolita stuff.

Aged Lunatic

3,400 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
Thrift stores are a good, cheap way to get started and they have a lot of variety.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff