Welcome to Gaia! ::

Partying Lunatic

9,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Millionaire 200
I'm looking to buy pastel goth clothes but
the online store I find are all very expensive.
I'd like to get some cheaper clothing without going to Ebay or Amazon
Or similar sites.
Are there any pastels goths that wanna friend me?
That would be sweet~!

Eloquent Vampire

Do what actual goths do. DIY and thrift stores.

Partying Lunatic

9,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Millionaire 200
Jagger-Wolf

emotion_donotwant That means I have to leave my house

Eloquent Vampire

Chiiyahime
Jagger-Wolf

Oh no! Effort! stare

Partying Lunatic

9,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Millionaire 200
Jagger-Wolf
Chiiyahime
Jagger-Wolf

Oh no! Effort! stare
Besides, I want new clothes, not used D:

Eloquent Vampire

Chiiyahime
Jagger-Wolf
Chiiyahime
Jagger-Wolf

Oh no! Effort! stare
There is no "nu goth" one-stop shopping site or store. You're going to have to dig through Etsy, Amazon, Ebay, and other online retailers to find hidden gems.

Like actual goth styles, you have to put in some effort to find things you want, and you have to be somewhat willing to DIY things as may be needed (replace buttons, add lace, add paint or patches, etc).

Partying Lunatic

9,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Millionaire 200
Jagger-Wolf
Chiiyahime
Jagger-Wolf
Chiiyahime
Jagger-Wolf

Oh no! Effort! stare
There is no "nu goth" one-stop shopping site or store. You're going to have to dig through Etsy, Amazon, Ebay, and other online retailers to find hidden gems.

Like actual goth styles, you have to put in some effort to find things you want, and you have to be somewhat willing to DIY things as may be needed (replace buttons, add lace, add paint or patches, etc).

Well, it was worth asking about. Thanks for telling me.

I have no problem with effort, I just don't trust thrift store clothes. It means little now that I've pissed you off, but thank you for the information and I love your avatar.

Eloquent Vampire

Chiiyahime
Jagger-Wolf
Chiiyahime
Jagger-Wolf
Chiiyahime
Jagger-Wolf

Oh no! Effort! stare

Well, it was worth asking about. Thanks for telling me.

I have no problem with effort, I just don't trust thrift store clothes. It means little now that I've pissed you off, but thank you for the information and I love your avatar.
Why does everyone assume I'm pissed off just because I don't add emoticons to everything, and I'm blunt? How else am I supposed to relay information?

It does irritate me that people think this style is actual goth, when it's not, but other than that, do whatever you want. I suggested thrift stores since it's cheap and more unique than the million and one identical mass produced pieces you're going to find in trendy stores. Just give it a once over for stains, holes, or other damage. There's nothing a good wash won't fix about a garment so long as it's not actually damaged. Adding lace or buttons or grommets or spikes/studs or patches to something is quick, easy, and little details like that can really make an otherwise simple piece pop. Hell, I've even been known to dye things black that I find at thrift stores. Found an adorable knit cardigan, but it's rosy-pink? Nothing a couple bottles of Rit dye won't fix.

Even though nu goth is not goth, you can take a lot of tricks actual goths do to make pieces work for you.

Partying Lunatic

9,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Millionaire 200
Jagger-Wolf
Why does everyone assume I'm pissed off just because I don't add emoticons to everything, and I'm blunt? How else am I supposed to relay information?

It does irritate me that people think this style is actual goth, when it's not, but other than that, do whatever you want. I suggested thrift stores since it's cheap and more unique than the million and one identical mass produced pieces you're going to find in trendy stores. Just give it a once over for stains, holes, or other damage. There's nothing a good wash won't fix about a garment so long as it's not actually damaged. Adding lace or buttons or grommets or spikes/studs or patches to something is quick, easy, and little details like that can really make an otherwise simple piece pop. Hell, I've even been known to dye things black that I find at thrift stores. Found an adorable knit cardigan, but it's rosy-pink? Nothing a couple bottles of Rit dye won't fix.

Even though nu goth is not goth, you can take a lot of tricks actual goths do to make pieces work for you.

Well I assume that because I often piss people off lol

Well I do know the difference and do not relate the two styles, I just state the style as pastel goth so that people recognize what kind of clothes I'm looking for. But now that you've further explained, I've decided to leave the comfort of my home and search in thrift stores. Besides, I have a perfectly good washing machine and a tie dye kit!
Romwe, Yesstyle,Forever21, Etsy (StarlightDecoDream, Subversive Kawaii, & Weabootique have great accessories), DollsKill (pricy, check the sales section), thrift stores, and yes, ebay.

Good ebay keywords: grunge, nu goth, pastel goth, pastel,
Etsy: pastel goth, creepy cute
Your best bet is etsy Don't be afraid to buy hightsteet clothes to create your own Pastel "goth" look either, Topshop, River Island all sell items that could be used as nu "goth" clothing if styled right. Personally, I think the "slime-font-generic-pastel-upside-down-cross-stuff" is overdone. : )

Fashionable Bloodsucker

3,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Clambake 200
H&M has a lot of that kind of stuff right now. Interesting since it should be spring and there is a lot of black and 'skulls' stuff around.

Fashionable Fatcat

There are a lot of people popping up on Storenvy.com lately too. People that mod sweaters and tees to match the style. Just gotta search for it! smile

Runway Icon

18,250 Points
  • Runway First Vote 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Fearsome 100
go to second hand stores, you'll find stuff you like

Romantic Member

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Market Browser 100

Quick Reply