Beauty Supply 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 53 ]
1 2 3 >

Profitable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
So a few dear friends and I have been debating about the best places to shop for products. I've always been a fan of Sephora because they carry lines that I enjoy like Kat Von D and OCC Cosmetics. My best friend demands that Ulta is a better shop because they carry both expensive and brands like Rimmel as well as doing more sales and coupons... The problem with that for me is that the prices on the lower priced brands are much higher than I would pay at places like target so are the coupons really worth it?

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Honestly, I love Sephora, but the closest one is two and a half hours from my home, so I don't go too often.

And the only other thing I've got is Walmart.

I've ordered online before, but I'm a little hesitant because I like to see it in person first.

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Shark Bacon
Honestly, I love Sephora, but the closest one is two and a half hours from my home, so I don't go too often.

And the only other thing I've got is Walmart.

I've ordered online before, but I'm a little hesitant because I like to see it in person first.

See that's why I can not commit to online shopping either and it really bugs me because I'm sure I'd buy less if id did... keeps you from wandering around and saying ooh look how pretty and what not...
Wal-mart mostly, sephora as a treat. now that I'm older I just feel so guilty spending 30$ on blush. Especially now that I know all this makeup takes pennies to make and produce. crying crying

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
halesv2
Wal-mart mostly, sephora as a treat. now that I'm older I just feel so guilty spending 30$ on blush. Especially now that I know all this makeup takes pennies to make and produce. crying crying

I understand that one... That's why I have my less expensive day to day and then the drawer of my makeup chest for the good stuff lol

bloodwitch's Wife

Eloquent Kitten

tbh im not really impressed by either sephora or ulta.

i DO like how ulta combines both drugstore and sephora brands into one store. i havent noticed a price increase (only been once) but i'll take your word for it.

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Kittytub

i DO like how ulta combines both drugstore and sephora brands into one store. i havent noticed a price increase (only been once) but i'll take your word for it.

The nyx products were around 1 - 2 bucks more, but then again I have a target debit card so that takes 5% off... However Ulta gives you points.

Eloquent Vampire

99% of what I wear is drug store brands because, for the last 4 years, that was all that was available to me. The nearest Sephora was at least an hours drive away through a very taxing canyon, and I pretty much never felt like spending half a tank of gas there and back just to go get makeup.

We recently had an Ulta move into town, which was nice since they carry stuff like NYX and Urban Decay, but they're still at least 2/3 drug store brands. And the girls in there aren't very nice so I kind of avoid it for the most part, unless I know exactly what I need so I can go in, get it, and get out.

I have ordered some makeup online, usually stuff I know I like and have used before, or stuff you can't really screw up. Like I ordered the Coastal Scents Original Matte 88 palette a while back, because it was about $20 including shipping from Amazon, and how could basic matte shadows be screwed up, you know? And I was right, they're pretty perfect, so that was worth it.

bloodwitch's Wife

Eloquent Kitten

Tingy
Kittytub

The nyx products were around 1 - 2 bucks more, but then again I have a target debit card so that takes 5% off... However Ulta gives you points.

nyx is cool. i like the matte lip cream. the macaron ones and the butter lipsticks were a miss tho. so disappointed. confused

i saw them at CVS though... it was a small display, like 5 different colors of the butter lipsticks.

the points dont seem that useful. you have to spend $400 to move up to the next level?!
there's an ulta opening near me, so i guess i'll be shopping there more frequently.
I get mine from a mix of online shopping, drug stores, and Sephora. I've actually never set foot in an Ulta before, prooobably because I'd have to aim to go there whereas I can just browse Sephora while waiting for my friends at a mall or something.

I noticed no one talking about department stores. What do you guys think about those?

7,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
Nettaiya
I get mine from a mix of online shopping, drug stores, and Sephora. I've actually never set foot in an Ulta before, prooobably because I'd have to aim to go there whereas I can just browse Sephora while waiting for my friends at a mall or something.

I noticed no one talking about department stores. What do you guys think about those?

I stay away from the counters because those girls are just mean sometimes lol.
Tingy
Nettaiya

I stay away from the counters because those girls are just mean sometimes lol.
Yeah, I gotta say I find them kinda intimidating too, but the one or two times I've gone up to the counters they've been okay.

Eloquent Vampire

Nettaiya

I don't like pushy sales people, that's a 100% way to get me to NOT buy your product, and every department store makeup or perfume counter I've even just walked past had people yelling at me, trying to force perfume samples into my hands, or otherwise being annoying.

I've also had them be super snotty. I get it, I don't typically look like someone who'd buy Clinique or whatever other brand that's there. But that does NOT mean you can ignore me, bypass me at the counter to help people who walked up AFTER me, or try to shoo me away as quickly as you can by being dismissive and snippy and sometimes even outright condescending and rude. My money is just as green as anyone else's.

I would be willing to try department store brands again if I could a) afford them, and b) be assured that whoever I interacted with wouldn't be a complete jerkbag.

Hygienic Member

i'm too cheap for sephora and theres no ulta. tho i sometimes buy stuff at sephora if its something i really need ie rly good eyeliner and eyeshadow primer that'll stay on my greasy a** eyelids. and also the people who work at sephora, in my experience anyway, are like... super nice..... almost too nice..

but i mostly like online shopping cause etude house is my favorite brand, and drugstores cause its nice and cheap.
I buy drug store BB cream, eyeliner and tinted lip balms. I splurge on blush, lipstick, lip gloss and mascara. I never buy eyeshadow because people always gift me eyeshadow palettes and I never seem to run out before the next holiday, plus I pretty much stick with neutrals.

I shop at Sephora, Ulta and department stores, but Sephora is probably my favorite. It has more of the brands I like and some of the Sephora brands stuff is pretty good too. Plus at least here, Sephora has better sales than the department stores or Ulta.

For lipstick, I like YSL, Givenchy. I really like hourglass lip gloss. I like Chanel and NARS blush but I try new ones all the time. I actually really liked this one ELF one I got once for like $1 but I've never seen it again! I have yet to find a bronzer I really love so please make recommendations!

Lately, I have my grandmother pick up this one mascara from Merle Norman when she goes to get her foundation because she gave me some for Christmas and it works really well.

It sounds like I spend a lot of money on makeup but the thing is, I usually wear just bb cream, eye makeup, a tiny bit of blush and tinted lip balm. I only wear lipstick/gloss and heavier makeup in general when going out, so I don't go through most of the expensive stuff very quickly. So, it's a splurge on one item but I won't have to buy it again for months.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff