Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gatekeeper

Im a fresh new face breaking into the modeling world.
Either type the link into a new page or click it please.

http://www.modelmanagement.com/model/stephanie-m-1
Good luck with that.
Is this a joke? rolleyes

Kawaii Sex Symbol

Kudos to you if that's what you're into, good luck.

However I would suggest having more photos of your body. Photographers, designers and whatnot are mostly only going to be interested in your height, weight and proportions. They want a nice lean figure, if you don't have that I'm afraid you wont have much of a chance.

Aged Girl

5'8" is the minimum for agencies like Ford, if you have a strong look (yes, although they say 5'9" wink .

You should also have more than just repetitive selfies in your portfolio.

Sugary Cat

Don't take this mean but I don't think modeling would work out for you. I really try hard to put it nicely, but you just don't seem to have the face for it. On every photograph your facial expression is the same aswell.
I'm sorry.

Kliapatra's Partner In Crime

Beloved Bunny

16,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
If this is something you really want to pursue:

1) Really research modeling agencies, schools, and local photographers. Make sure they are respectable and reputable.
2) Realize that modeling is time-consuming, exhausting, and a full-time job.
3) If you cannot handle people rejecting you because the TINIEST thing about your appearance is not what they're looking for, modeling is not for you. In these cases, you need to remain professional, thank them for the consideration, and leave.
4) You must be willing to follow someone else's directions--hair/make-up/agent/photographer/etc. They want you to wax your brows a certain way or shave your head? Pose a certain way? (Barring anything that breeches professional code of conduct or the law.) You do it or lose the job.
5) You must be entirely comfortable--or at least able to work through discomfort--with pictures at any and all angles. You are no good as a model if you can only rock one angle, one pose.

If all of the above seems do-able to you, here are some suggestions:

1) Read about the industry. "Model" is very vague. Are you trying to glamour? Alt? Fashion? Pin up? High Fashion? Each of these has different standards. Your profile and appearance should focus on one of them, two at most (and they should be very similar) since you are new.
2) On that website, look at examples of success stories. Notice their portfolios, the type and quality of photos, how they talk about themselves and sell themselves. Work on emulating that.
3) It's very apparent that the photos on your profile there are not good. They're all more or less the same, very casual, many are selfies, similar or identical angles, and low quality photos. You have no body shots at all. Find a local photographer willing to build a portfolio with you. Add those images to your profile an remove the selfies.
4) You'll need to find someone who can coach you on hair and make-up for those photos. The photographer may know someone if you don't.

That's just the beginning. It's intense, entirely appearance-driven, and competitive. Very few people make it. It requires physical fitness of some sort, attention to skin and hair care, networking and business know-how, and the ability to brush off what other people would consider insults.

If it seems like too much, I'd just aim for building an amateur modeling portfolio for fun. Who knows--it may go somewhere in the future.

Popular Sophomore

13,725 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Athlete 50
Do you know anyone with photography skills? You'd have a much better chance if you had professional portfolio.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff