Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Codger

9,950 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Eyyyy.
I have a costume situation coming up, and it would be lovely if I could temporarily dye my hair black, just for like three days. I've done my research, and people seem to suggest either a fanci-full rinse, or a water based dye like manic panic.
My hair has never been colored before, and it's kind of a medium brown, as you can see in my sig, and I'm concerned that a rinse will only get it darker brown, which would be okay, but black is preferable.
Also I really want to be absolutely certain that this is something truly temporary that I can wash out. I like my natural hair color, and I don't really want to ******** around with it.
I guess I'll add another picture with my hair color.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Last Halloween! yaaay.

So, I guess my main question is, has anyone had experience with a product like this? Do you think it may work for me?

Dangerous Ladykiller

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. fanci-full will get you to dark brown at best. my hair is already dark brown and it never even got to "soft black" with fanci-full. also, it will stain your hair and won't rinse out 100%. it will probably take between 5 and 10 washes to completely remove all traces of it.

manic panic raven will make your hair black but don't expect it all to rinse out when you want it gone, again it's going to leave a stain. don't use this unless you want to have black hair for a while. it fades to a soft slightly purplish black after one wash. i haven't done more than one wash with out re-dyeing so i can't say how long it will take to completely evict this dye.

fanci-full will be much, much, much easier to scrub out than manic panic.

Wheezing Codger

9,950 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
kage-ookami4
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. fanci-full will get you to dark brown at best. my hair is already dark brown and it never even got to "soft black" with fanci-full. also, it will stain your hair and won't rinse out 100%. it will probably take between 5 and 10 washes to completely remove all traces of it.

manic panic raven will make your hair black but don't expect it all to rinse out when you want it gone, again it's going to leave a stain. don't use this unless you want to have black hair for a while. it fades to a soft slightly purplish black after one wash. i haven't done more than one wash with out re-dyeing so i can't say how long it will take to completely evict this dye.

Thanks. I guess I'll just buy fanci-full, and hopefully I'll get a dark enough brown for it to be convincing.

Eloquent Vampire

The Proud Loser
kage-ookami4

Thanks. I guess I'll just buy fanci-full, and hopefully I'll get a dark enough brown for it to be convincing.
N'Rage brand makes two colors of semi-permanent black, a flat black and a blue-black. It will not wash out right away, or as if it were never there, but with scrubbing-shampooing, washing constantly in hot water, and using clarifying or dandruff shampoo, the majority of it will come out fairly easily. You may need to color your natural hair color over the top once the black is almost gone to sort of even it out, or maybe a shade or two darker, but it shouldn't be too bad.

Wheezing Codger

9,950 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Jagger-Wolf
The Proud Loser
kage-ookami4

N'Rage brand makes two colors of semi-permanent black, a flat black and a blue-black. It will not wash out right away, or as if it were never there, but with scrubbing-shampooing, washing constantly in hot water, and using clarifying or dandruff shampoo, the majority of it will come out fairly easily. You may need to color your natural hair color over the top once the black is almost gone to sort of even it out, or maybe a shade or two darker, but it shouldn't be too bad.

Thanks, I'll look into that as well.
Girl

I used this ten years ago when I was deciding if I wanted my hair forever black, the best part is it smells like blueberries.

Wheezing Codger

9,950 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Ghosty Pie
Girl

I used this ten years ago when I was deciding if I wanted my hair forever black, the best part is it smells like blueberries.

Sweet, does it wash out okay?
The Proud Loser
Ghosty Pie
Girl

Sweet, does it wash out okay?

I don't remember how well it washes out. The thing with temporary dye is it comes out the more you wash your hair, so if you wash your hair 3 times a day, it will be gone in a day.

Chatty Smoker

I would just buy the spray on black dye. Yeah, it's not GREAT, but it's guaranteed to wash out. Like others said, semi-permanent dye will leave a stain, and a stain you might not like. Especially since it's black. If it's JUST for a costume, I would do a spray on. It's not worth the risk of screwing up your hair.

Dangerous Ladykiller

Princezz Brianna
I would just buy the spray on black dye. Yeah, it's not GREAT, but it's guaranteed to wash out. Like others said, semi-permanent dye will leave a stain, and a stain you might not like. Especially since it's black. If it's JUST for a costume, I would do a spray on. It's not worth the risk of screwing up your hair.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. they're not guaranteed not to stain, every can that i've used has warned that it can stain and probably will stain light colored hair. plus that stuff makes a mess and rubs off on everything, which can stain your outfit.

Wheezing Codger

9,950 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
kage-ookami4
Princezz Brianna
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. they're not guaranteed not to stain, every can that i've used has warned that it can stain and probably will stain light colored hair. plus that stuff makes a mess and rubs off on everything, which can stain your outfit.

New question- since you seem to know your s**t- If I used the fanci-full rinse, in tandem with the mousse, would it help achieve a darker color?
Also, since I'm wearing black anyway, so rubbing off isn't really a big deal, is there a kind of spray on stuff that doesn't look like crap?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff