Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, I've read a topic like this from a year ago but it didn't specifically answer the question(s) I have.
I have big calves. They aren't fat or anything. I just have genetically big calves.
Also, I am not big... it's my flippin' calves!
What types of things can I wear to make them not appear so big?
I prefer skinny jeans, honestly... But, I don't know!
What kind of dresses or skirts can I wear?
And shorts.

Here's another problem. When I wear skinny jeans... I can't wear close toed shoes with them because it makes my calves look bigger. I guess that's ruled out, then. What kind of shoes do you think would work? I have small feet.

IDK. I'd like some help because I'm sick of not being able to wear some dresses or skirts... or pants.
Ere ere bow chicka wow wow!
Thanks in advance, friends!

2,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
baggy jeans
dramalilmamastayscute
baggy jeans

Haha, I'm not into baggy jeans.
I don't want to completely hide my figure.
But, thanks for the input.

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
the jeans that have the flare out bottoms?
I didn't completely understand the problem you have with skinny jeans, but they are the way to go =)
Ohhh and man pants. Get them a few sizes bigger than what you can fit, that usually works pretty well for girls, I think
Don't wear any skirts or trousers that cut off mid calf because they will make them look bigger than they actually are. Something that stops just above the knee is probably the most flattering smile

3,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Regular 100
You should get some Straight Leg Jeans. They are just like skinny jeans but not so tight at the bottom.
Here >> <3
Yeah, switch the skinnies for straight legs, or even slight boot-cuts.
Heels will stretch the muscles in your calves, elongating them, therefore making them look slimmer.
Tights and stockings are very slimming. Leggings just add bulk, though, so stay away from those.
If you have long legs, I would recommend pants that cut off at the slimmest part of your leg. If you don't, stay far away from anything that cuts off between your knee and ankle.
A-line skirts that cut off at the knee are nice.

900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
A-line skirts and dresses that end just above the knee would be best, along with dark wash straight-leg jeans and heels!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games