Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fairy

What do you recommend? Layers of moisturizer, foundation, concealer and sun screen or BB Cream?

EDIT!!

I'm now using my IN2IT BB Cream everytime I go out. I realized I could use the SPF for the hot temperature here in Philippines. heart

Sorry for my grammar. English is not my first language.

Fashionable Shopper

5,900 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I prefer just BB cream because its much lighter. But I usually put sunscreen underneath for more SPF and powder on top because my skin is oily.

Fairy

I Am Kyuubi
I prefer just BB cream because its much lighter. But I usually put sunscreen underneath for more SPF and powder on top because my skin is oily.

BB Cream can't conceal my pimples.. Maybe I'm too tan for the BB Cream?

Obsessive Admirer

12,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
You could put concealer in the areas you want to cover, then put on a BB cream over your face.

I don't think you can be "too tan" for BB cream. There's usually a lot of shades to choose from, you just got to find one that matches your skin tone.
Foundations have more of a full coverage, usually, but you can try a bb cream by the Skin79 brand. They have different kinds for multiple skin types. If ordering online isn't your thing, The Body Shop has darker bb cream shades.

Fairy

The Nekomimi
You could put concealer in the areas you want to cover, then put on a BB cream over your face.

I don't think you can be "too tan" for BB cream. There's usually a lot of shades to choose from, you just got to find one that matches your skin tone.

Picked the wrong skin tone. crying

Fairy

Princesse Cadance
Foundations have more of a full coverage, usually, but you can try a bb cream by the Skin79 brand. They have different kinds for multiple skin types. If ordering online isn't your thing, The Body Shop has darker bb cream shades.

Oh, okay.. Thanks! heart heart

Shy Sex Symbol

Most days I wear BB Cream. I like Holika Holika or Skin79, missha and I don't play nice.

I moisturize, prime and/or green skin base (its skin), light dust of powder then BB cream or foundation.

Handsome Girl

10,000 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Hygienic 200
I prefer BB cream for everyday such as school, errands, etc
When Im going on a date, or a celebration I prefer a high end foundation 3nodding
Most BB creams sold here have barely any coverage, aren't really caring and have a horrible range of shades. Yay for western BB creams.
My skin is usually pretty dry, I have barely any acne, but my tone can be uneven and I get blue circles under my eyes depending on the season and how tired I am. I always make sure to put a moisturiser on. It has SPF in it, which is enough for me on most days (we don't get much sun here). If my skin needs coverage, I usually use a light foundation, concealer and some powder. If my make-up doesn't need to last long, I skip out on the powder. If I need even less coverage, I leave out some of the products depending on my mood, my skin and the weather. My foundation also has SPF in it, but if I know that I will be out in the sun that day, I will use a separate sun screen and re-apply it throughout the day. Products with built in SPF rarely contain enough to protect your skin properly.
For most of the year, I don't get outside a lot, and if I get outside, the sun isn't even up. I don't see the need to wear extra protection on those days.
Asian BB creams for sure. American drug store BB creams are absolute gimmicks.
I made the switch to using just BB cream (and usually moisturizer too, but nothing else) over a year ago and I love it. I don't even think I own a bottle of foundation any more. I love the way the BB cream feels and looks, it doesn't cause breakouts, and it doesn't get weird looking even if I sweat in the summer.

Fairy

Thanks y'all. <3

Alien Allegiant

7,525 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Alien Invasion 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
I usually use a thicker concealer to fill in scars and even out all the bumps and then use a BB cream for the rest of the face because it's lightweight and just has a cleaner feel [also I'm pretty dark and a lot of the actors I do makeup for are dark and BB cream works great so yeah you just need to find the right tone]
after that I add a light layer of foundation powder so it doesn't look greasy and so I can add layers of bronzer and highlighter for contouring (otherwise the base layers make your face look really flat) and eyeshadow without having to worry about those powders sticking and smearing in the liquid concealers.
As far as brands go, I almost always use the cheap stuff for everything but eye makeup (cheap eyeshadow often causes irritation and cheap eyeliner usually won't go on very dark). I've found the differences between brands of concealers/creams/etc to be very small.

~stage makeup artist and cosplayer

Wheezing Fatcat

5,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Brick Breaker 50
I love Baby Skin BB cream. It's a lot like the Sephora/high end brand without the price. I put some foundation on over top and my skin loos so even and smooth. I love BB creams.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff