Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

6,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
It seems Asian household items are so much cuter than the stuff we have in America. I mean, yeah, Target has a lot of colorful options to make your living space more fun & vibrant. & they also have a lot of Hello Kitty kitchenware, but they are nowhere near the same kawaii level as Asia. So my question is, which websites are the best when it comes to ordering cute household items? I've googled it & I just can't find any legitimate websites myself. Please help?

Eloquent Vampire

Jlist is full of stuff, but it also has 18+ items. JBox is the more work-friendly version. www.jlist.com and www.jbox.com

There is also Mrs. Lin's Kitchen if you're looking for more kitchen and housewares stuff. www.mrslinskitchen.com

I've ordered from both sites several times, and it's always been a good experience.

Oh, there is also Daiso Japan. I've been to several brick and mortar stores, and it's essentially a Japanese dollar store, and you can get individual dishes and bento stuff there. Though their website wants you do buy boxes of things, frequently containing like 10 of the same item. Handy for chopstick sets, or dishware sets, etc. www.daisojapan.com

Dapper Dabbler

6,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
Jagger-Wolf
Jlist is full of stuff, but it also has 18+ items. JBox is the more work-friendly version. www.jlist.com and www.jbox.com

There is also Mrs. Lin's Kitchen if you're looking for more kitchen and housewares stuff. www.mrslinskitchen.com

I've ordered from both sites several times, and it's always been a good experience.

Oh, there is also Daiso Japan. I've been to several brick and mortar stores, and it's essentially a Japanese dollar store, and you can get individual dishes and bento stuff there. Though their website wants you do buy boxes of things, frequently containing like 10 of the same item. Handy for chopstick sets, or dishware sets, etc. www.daisojapan.com

Thanks so much! I have set a 2 year goal to move out of my parents' place & into my own apartment. So I'm trying to buy things I'll need beforehand, so I don't waste a huge amount of money at once. Just buy here & there, along the way. I also prefer cute, quirky things surrounding me. It just makes me happier. 4laugh

Eloquent Vampire

Kibbity_Kabbit2
Jagger-Wolf

Thanks so much! I have set a 2 year goal to move out of my parents' place & into my own apartment. So I'm trying to buy things I'll need beforehand, so I don't waste a huge amount of money at once. Just buy here & there, along the way. I also prefer cute, quirky things surrounding me. It just makes me happier. 4laugh
That's were Daiso Japan will come in handy, buying in bulk for pretty inexpensively. All of my individual dishes from Daiso have survived wonderfully over the years, even through the dishwasher and microwave. And when one does break, no big loss, they were $1.

If you're looking to invest in a few good pieces here and there as well, Pier 1 frequently has beautiful Asian-themed items. http://www.pier1.com/ My fancy stoneware red and black serving dishes came from them. But they can get expensive quickly, so look for investment pieces.
You can also try thrift stores.

Even then, you buy a cheap or inexpensive piece of furniture, and modify/decorate it to make it look more japanese/asian-inspired. It's a fun, and cheap method, imo.

Dapper Dabbler

6,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
Ciel Cadeaux
You can also try thrift stores.

Even then, you buy a cheap or inexpensive piece of furniture, and modify/decorate it to make it look more japanese/asian-inspired. It's a fun, and cheap method, imo.

I like Asian themed furniture. But really, I was mainly looking for cute throw pillows or art decor. The bulk of what I would buy is kitchenware & I love the cute cartoon-y stuff that Asian stores offer.

Dog

Try qoo10.sg (Singaporean site)
or taobao.com (Chinese site).

Taobao is in Chinese though, so maybe
get a friend who can read Chinese to help
you hahah.

Both sites aren't in the US so you'll have to
pay for overseas shipping. :c

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Kyianne
Try qoo10.sg (Singaporean site)
or taobao.com (Chinese site).

Taobao is in Chinese though, so maybe
get a friend who can read Chinese to help
you hahah.

Both sites aren't in the US so you'll have to
pay for overseas shipping. :c

actually with Taobao, a shopping agent is needed to order from them because they do not ship overseas at all. One of the popular Taobao shopping agents I know thanks to the Japanese lolita community is TaobaoSpree.

Cluttered Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Market Browser 100
Try Gmarket? It's kind of like a Korean eBay. They sell pretty much everything, but expect to be pay quite a bit for shipping (same with TaoBao).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff