Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Gaian

9,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Hygienic 200
I wear Clinique's Super City Block broad spectrum with spf 40. The SPF is a bit high for me, I don't really do much except go to class and shop for makeup. I live in California so it's sunny almost every day here.

I wear sunscreen every time I go out, underneath my makeup. Sometimes I mix it with a BB cream for when I have break outs, but other than that I'll wear some mineral powder over it.

So anyone else here wear sunscreen? I'm only 19 but I figure the earlier I protect my skin from the sun, the better. heart

Eloquent Vampire

My makeup has at least SPF 15-17 (depending on which one I use), and I'm very nearly fully covered otherwise, regardless of weather.

Pretty much any SPF over 30-35 is a waste anyway. It's been proven that that's about as high as they can go with effectiveness, so SPF 80 is no more effective than the SPF 35 stuff.
There is barely any sun in Tokyo at the moment but when it comes spring - summer time, I pack on the sunscreen on my face and body. I hate getting a tan, I just think it makes me look like a multi-coloured thing.
Honestly, I don't. I do have a moisturizer with SPF 15 in it, but I do not use an actual sunscreen. I don't go outside a lot, and it rarely is sunny around here.

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Not on my face because it always feels greasy and weird. I don't care if my limbs or neck feel like that but on my face, ick. If i found a sunscreen that doesn't feel terrible I'd wear it on my face more often.
I do use my HG NARS tinted moisturiser which has an SPF of 30
every day because white cracks early af

ya'll realize that uv rays are present even without visible sunlight right
rolleyes

Demonic Darling

13,590 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Nerd 50
I have makeup with sunscreen in it. My skin is extremely pale and with a family history of skin cancer sunscreen is a must for me. If I am in the sun for any length of time I burn through it, though sweatdrop

Quotable Explorer

2,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
My moisturizer has SPF in it but I live in Canada where I can go months without spending more than a few minutes outside at a time.

In the summer I'm way more on top of it because I'm really pale so I burn really easily. If I'm not planning on spending a lot of time outside, I mostly rely on my makeup to take care of my face but I have a non-comodogenic sunscreen that I use specifically on my face because I have pretty oily skin and some sunscreens make me break out.
Wearing sun protection everyday is important O:

I use the Neutrogena moisturizer with SPF! It's cheap and does a good job of controlling my oily skin -.-

Interesting Gaian

9,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Hygienic 200
Lemon Peel Clock
I have makeup with sunscreen in it. My skin is extremely pale and with a family history of skin cancer sunscreen is a must for me. If I am in the sun for any length of time I burn through it, though sweatdrop

I don't think that makeup with SPF is sufficient enough to prevent burns and aging, because you'd usually need at least 1/4th of a teaspoon for your entire face.

Interesting Gaian

9,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Hygienic 200
Jagger-Wolf
My makeup has at least SPF 15-17 (depending on which one I use), and I'm very nearly fully covered otherwise, regardless of weather.

Pretty much any SPF over 30-35 is a waste anyway. It's been proven that that's about as high as they can go with effectiveness, so SPF 80 is no more effective than the SPF 35 stuff.

Where's your proof?

Eloquent Vampire

kate moss is dead
Jagger-Wolf

Where's your proof?

I was mistaken, anything over 45 is useless, rather than 35.

http://www.webmd.com/beauty/sun/high-spf-sunscreens-are-they-better

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/07/health/07real.html?_r=0

http://www.examiner.com/article/shining-light-on-spf-and-sunscreens

8,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Clambake 200
I wear it in summer only, hate getting sunburned. I'm never outside almost all other seasons, and I'm covered otherwise.

Lonely Fairy

13,925 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
My foundation is SPF 15 but I really need a good sunscreen for my entire body because usually what happens is I'll get a sunburn everywhere EXCEPT my face. I also live in California and I'm pretty light skinned so sunscreen is pretty much mandatory but I've yet to find one I like.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff