Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

SidittyKitty
i wanna bake a sausage pie

Closest thing I could find for you.
Mastero El
cooking is easy.. it's only really rocky in the beginning when trying to figure out the effects of different ingredients.. after that it's pretty much "flavor arithmetic" if you will, and keeping a timer in your head. I work in a kitchen and never even went to culinary school haha... I did learn pretty much everything I know from my pops though, who DID attend one. I do want to eventually enroll in one, if not for the certificate alone.. I've been lucky to work in so many establishments without the "proper papers" and s**t

I'm still trying to get the hang of BAKING, though.. I don't deal well with sugary s**t, I'm a salt kinda guy

i remember asking you whether or not you're supposed to boil lasagne sheets before you put them on top of the meaty stuff o:

Tipsy Sex Symbol

Squished Soap
Mastero El
cooking is easy.. it's only really rocky in the beginning when trying to figure out the effects of different ingredients.. after that it's pretty much "flavor arithmetic" if you will, and keeping a timer in your head. I work in a kitchen and never even went to culinary school haha... I did learn pretty much everything I know from my pops though, who DID attend one. I do want to eventually enroll in one, if not for the certificate alone.. I've been lucky to work in so many establishments without the "proper papers" and s**t

I'm still trying to get the hang of BAKING, though.. I don't deal well with sugary s**t, I'm a salt kinda guy

i remember asking you whether or not you're supposed to boil lasagne sheets before you put them on top of the meaty stuff o:
Nah, they cook with the juices from the meat and tomatos and s**t.

Also, sup Soap Who I Am Not Collabing With
stare
Doc Dee
Squished Soap
Mastero El

Nah, they cook with the juices from the meat and tomatos and s**t.

Also, sup Soap Who I Am Not Collabing With
stare

Mastero said to boil them and so that's what I've been doing ever since! All this extra work and I don't even have to. No wonder he doesn't have the proper papers D:

We ARE collabing, I wait in the studio everyday for you but you never show up sad
You don't really have to boil the sheets to make lasagna, but I've found that more of the meat flavor transfers over to the sheets if they're already softened up.. not to mention you get a much better representation of your actual lasagna size as you're setting it up, thus allowing you the freedom to add *rick ross voice* MORE MEAT (MORE MEAT) MORE CHEESE (MORE CHEESE) MORE PLATES (MORE PLATES) MORE GREASE (BAWSE)

Tipsy Sex Symbol

Squished Soap
We ARE collabing, I wait in the studio everyday for you but you never show up sad
But.... you said no last time. The last several times, in fact. User Image

Mastero El
You don't really have to boil the sheets to make lasagna, but I've found that more of the meat flavor transfers over to the sheets if they're already softened up.. not to mention you get a much better representation of your actual lasagna size as you're setting it up, thus allowing you the freedom to add *rick ross voice* MORE MEAT (MORE MEAT) MORE CHEESE (MORE CHEESE) MORE PLATES (MORE PLATES) MORE GREASE (BAWSE)
Are you talking about a quick, easy lasanya that's like a pie made out of pasta and ragu sauce

or a massive affair that contains more than enough cheese and meat sauce cooked for a day and a half for the lasagna to taste like it regardless of boiling the pasta first? And then adding MORE meat sauce cooked for a day and a half on top?
The lasagna in my mind's eye was kind of a mix between the two, actually.. like quick enough to assemble in a day's time but enough to feed an army of starved italian saw mill workers

I've done it both ways successfully, but when I pre-boil the sheets, the final result usually ends up with the sheets being a bit redder and fuller.. the difference may not be too stark but I like it. The effect increases if I decide to make it a day or so in advance and let the s**t marinate before I cook it.. the whole thing turns red on me haha

The difference between the two is damn near imperceptible anyway, as long as you have enough meat you're good xd . I mainly pre-boil to ensure color and the space to include the aforementioned MO' MEAT scenario
A DAY?!?! That's an exaggeration, right..? :/

Doc Dee
But.... you said no last time. The last several times, in fact. User Image

Such false accusations! I would never say no talk2hand

Tipsy Sex Symbol

Squished Soap
The part that takes the MOST time is making the sauce, if you're making your own sauce, especially the way my grandma's recipe goes. Takes AT LEAST a day to simmer to perfection. The rest isn't too much.

Squished Soap
Okay, fine, let's collaborate.
Mastero El

I can cook, but I don't want to do it in a restaurant.
I am a better baker than cook.
By the way, Soap and I collab on a regular basis, but this is our best finished product:

Tipsy Sex Symbol

Kaz E Fresh
By the way, Soap and I collab on a regular basis, but this is our best finished product:

CLASSIC

I remember I was going to make an animutation to this for my Multimedia class in high school, but I ran out of time and had to graduate D:
Doc Dee
Squished Soap
The part that takes the MOST time is making the sauce, if you're making your own sauce, especially the way my grandma's recipe goes. Takes AT LEAST a day to simmer to perfection. The rest isn't too much.

Squished Soap
Okay, fine, let's collaborate.

My sauce takes about 20 mins, sup biggrin

Okay, let's do it onnn 13th Sept, 2023 k?

Kaz E Fresh

LOLOLOL WOOOW xd for the first time I actually watched that fully, epic song and epic turbanss !!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff