Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Streaker

12,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Threadmaster 200
Anyone listen to Immortal Technique? I like his album 3rd world. But all his music is good.

And I'd like some recommendations of rappers like him. You know, the ones that talk about more than just bit.ches and hoes. You know, the ones who talk about the REAL world and what's currently going on in it. neutral

I'm only in this thread for him... otherwise I'm not a fan of rap. So enlighten me that there is actually intelligent rapping out there, please...

Tipsy Sex Symbol

YaoiIsDelicious
Anyone listen to Immortal Technique? I like his album 3rd world. But all his music is good.

And I'd like some recommendations of rappers like him. You know, the ones that talk about more than just bit.ches and hoes. You know, the ones who talk about the REAL world and what's currently going on in it. neutral

I'm only in this thread for him... otherwise I'm not a fan of rap. So enlighten me that there is actually intelligent rapping out there, please...
Well, if all you're looking for is "the ones that talk about more than just bit.ches and hoes," there is a VAST LIBRARY TO EXPLORE. If you're looking for what Immortal Technique REALLY is, a mediocre rapper that wears his tinfoil hat 24/7, then I can't really help you because I hate that s**t.

I can point you in the direction of a good number of other rappers though, that not only have something worthwhile to say, but also do it a way that requires talent.

Bashful Streaker

12,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Threadmaster 200
Doc Dee
YaoiIsDelicious

Well, if all you're looking for is "the ones that talk about more than just bit.ches and hoes," there is a VAST LIBRARY TO EXPLORE. If you're looking for what Immortal Technique REALLY is, a mediocre rapper that wears his tinfoil hat 24/7, then I can't really help you because I hate that s**t.

I can point you in the direction of a good number of other rappers though, that not only have something worthwhile to say, but also do it a way that requires talent.

XD Alright, I'd love to hear what rappers you'd recommend.

Though I have my doubts if you seriously think Immortal Technique doesn't have talent. He's the only rapper I know who can rap about real s**t through an entire album... he has his faults like all rappers but at least he doesn't make up his own words to rhyme. rolleyes

Tipsy Sex Symbol

YaoiIsDelicious
Doc Dee
YaoiIsDelicious

Though I have my doubts if you seriously think Immortal Technique doesn't have talent. He's the only rapper I know who can rap about real s**t through an entire album... he has his faults like all rappers but at least he doesn't make up his own words to rhyme. rolleyes
Sounds like you're just starting to break into HIP-HOP, and not "hip-hop" like on the radio, aka HIT-POP.

So, WELCOME TO THE ILL s**t.

I would start you off with three albums, and if you like those then I could possibly recommend some more:

Jneiro Jarel - Three Piece Puzzle
Foreign Exchange - Connected
EDIT: De La Soul - The Grind Date

Get a hold of these albums (not posting links because, well, I don't have links off-hand), check 'em out, let me know how you feel about them etc.

Bashful Streaker

12,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Threadmaster 200
Doc Dee
YaoiIsDelicious
Doc Dee
YaoiIsDelicious

Sounds like you're just starting to break into HIP-HOP, and not "hip-hop" like on the radio, aka HIT-POP.

I would start you off with three albums, and if you like those then I could possibly recommend some more:

Awon - Beautiful Loser

Get a hold of these albums (not posting links because, well, I don't have links off-hand), check 'em out, let me know how you feel about them etc.

Very true, I am just starting to break into "HIT-POP". My boyfriend is the one who got me into Immortal Technique and conspiracy theories. Now I'm sorta... really into them. sweatdrop Before Immortal Techinque, I considered all hip-hop/rap to be complete and utter crap (besides my good times with Eminem). XD

*sigh* So, I listened to Jneiro Jarel - Three Piece Puzzle first 3 songs. I hate his music. Lyrics are okay, but his music puts me to sleep. I like music that gets me pumped.
Foreign Exchange was a lot better. Still don't like the soft spoken-ness, but much better lyrically. I may listen to more of him.
And I will get to Awon in the morning. Too tired right now. All this slowish jazzy like music to the raps are putting me to sleep.

Thanks for the recommendations so far, though.

Tipsy Sex Symbol

YaoiIsDelicious
Doc Dee
YaoiIsDelicious
Doc Dee
YaoiIsDelicious

Awon - Beautiful Loser

Very true, I am just starting to break into "HIT-POP". My boyfriend is the one who got me into Immortal Technique and conspiracy theories. Now I'm sorta... really into them. sweatdrop Before Immortal Techinque, I considered all hip-hop/rap to be complete and utter crap (besides my good times with Eminem). XD

*sigh* So, I listened to Jneiro Jarel - Three Piece Puzzle first 3 songs. I hate his music. Lyrics are okay, but his music puts me to sleep. I like music that gets me pumped.
Foreign Exchange was a lot better. Still don't like the soft spoken-ness, but much better lyrically. I may listen to more of him.
And I will get to Awon in the morning. Too tired right now. All this slowish jazzy like music to the raps are putting me to sleep.

Thanks for the recommendations so far, though.
Jneiro Jarel's a lot more diverse than the first three tracks would suggest, really. So is Phonte (the rapper from Foreign Exchange), especially on his older s**t with Little Brother, but whatever.

Also, I'm kinda glad to hear you say you LIKE IT ROUGH, I was trying to go easy on you.

Try out Percee P - Perseverance, Jaylib - Champion Sound, and/or The Roots - Rising Down, lemme know what you think.

6,100 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
YaoiIsDelicious

Look up..
Joe Conn, and Aesop Rock.

They're somewhat similar.
At least Joe is. Aesop is like, stoner, you have to find the meaning music.
It's still amazing though.
Especially Daylight and Nightlight.
The only Immortal Technique song I've heard is Dance With the Devil. What else should i listen to

Bashful Streaker

12,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Threadmaster 200
JoeFishSticks
The only Immortal Technique song I've heard is Dance With the Devil. What else should i listen to

3rd World
Death March
Golpe De Estado (if you don't mind Spanish rap - I think it sounds cool myself, even not knowing the language)
Harlem Renaissance
Lick Shots
Hollywood Driveby
Reverse Pimpology
Open Your Eyes

These are all my favorites. <3
One of my favorites. From Immortal, listen to (in no particular order):

Obnoxious
4th Branch
Industrial Revolution
Caught in a Hustle
Leaving the Past
Dominant Species

One of the saddest songs ever, but beautifully told:

You Never Know

As for artists who are similar or who have good real lyrics, in no particular order:

Jedi Mind Tricks (listen to I against I, Razorblade Salvation, Trail of Lies, Uncommon Valor)
AOTP (if you like Jedi)
Grieves (Pretty much a real and talented Mac Miller)
Cyne
Zion I
Blue Scholars
Macklemore
Sweatshop Union
Grouch
Aesop Rock
A Tribe Called Quest
Tech N9ne (just like Immortal, he is one of the most popular underground artists now)
Atmosphere (Rhymesayers, just like Grieves)
Eyedea and Abilities

Just trust me on these.
My favorite piece of rap out of all, however, is Lady Brown. Produced and written by Nujabes, rapped by Cise Starr from Cyne.

It's my favorite mainly due to the fact that I can relate to it, but the simple beat and genius lyrics make it perfect for me.

Junior Smoker

User Image
1. Cause of Death
2. You never Know
3. Dance with the Devil
4. Caught in a Hustle
5. The Point of No Return
6. Peruvian Cocaine
7. Harlem Streets
8. Freedom of Speech
9. Leaving the Past
10. Death March
11. The 3rd World
12. Open Your Eyes
13. Mistakes
14. Crimes of the Heart
15. The Martyr
16. Toast to the Dead
17. Eyes in the Sky
I listen 2 these and i do like his music 3nodding
Immortal Technique is incredibly boring to me. "Look how deep I am guys!!! What is music quality?"

Anyway, check out Gang Starr for intelligent lyrics AND great music

Tipsy Sex Symbol

kvlt weeners
Immortal Technique is incredibly boring to me. "Look how deep I am guys!!! What is music quality?"
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces