Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Lox
kvlt weeners
The Lox
kvlt weeners
Doc Dee
The Lox
If you want to get serious with music production, skip FL studio. It is regarded as a baby program by many of the top producers. You wanna start with a more profession DAW. Ableton if you like electronic effects or Reason. I personally use reason because its the closest program to logic. Logic is Mac only. If you do decide to get reason. There is a side program called recycle. It allows you to chop up any song and use it as a sample. Real easy and simple to use.

Hate to reign on any FL studio producers but the program is trash.
9th Wonder uses FL. emotion_dealwithit

Besides, it doesnt matter what you USE, the only thing that actually matters is what you MAKE.

I prefer FL because it has the simplest interface as well as the most built-in instruments.
As far as I know DAWs all do the same s**t, FL just is easier to read.

Yes I agree, fl studio does have an incredibly easy to use interface. If you are using the built-in instruments, then you have no interest of making it big. There is a reason why you can use vsts in fl studio. The fl studio sounds are terrible. Also you can only do very basic drum patterns in fl studio, wheras other DAWs allow you to do every and anything. I aint meaning to be bashful, I started off on fl studio. Once you step up to the more complex programs, you will realize how bad it actually is.

Who can take a program seriously when its called fruity loops lol

I found the bolded sentence rather interesting. Which one would your reccomend for a semi-experienced FL user that likes to use samples to make hip hop as well as hardcore noisy s**t me)
Ill give whatever it is a shot because last time i experimented with other DAWs back when i first decided i wanted to make beats i had no idea what was going on

Umm give reason a try. It will look extremely confusing once you first start, but after awhile you will know it well.

Check YouTube videos for tuts as they can be extremely helpful. Chopping up samples, you will need to use recycle. Same people who made reason make recycle. You are gonna need to download some refils which are reason equivilant vsts.

You can pm me if you need anything. Always trying to help.

Reason is a powerful DAW. Dj Khalil made 50 cents still kill song in reason. He is also signed to dr dres aftermath label which gives you some understanding of his skill level. Lol

thanks dude this is great info
one more question: are people able to make their own refils? and do they often?
because one of my fav things about FL is getting weird 3rd party vstis
kvlt weeners
The Lox
kvlt weeners
The Lox
kvlt weeners

I prefer FL because it has the simplest interface as well as the most built-in instruments.
As far as I know DAWs all do the same s**t, FL just is easier to read.

Yes I agree, fl studio does have an incredibly easy to use interface. If you are using the built-in instruments, then you have no interest of making it big. There is a reason why you can use vsts in fl studio. The fl studio sounds are terrible. Also you can only do very basic drum patterns in fl studio, wheras other DAWs allow you to do every and anything. I aint meaning to be bashful, I started off on fl studio. Once you step up to the more complex programs, you will realize how bad it actually is.

Who can take a program seriously when its called fruity loops lol

I found the bolded sentence rather interesting. Which one would your reccomend for a semi-experienced FL user that likes to use samples to make hip hop as well as hardcore noisy s**t me)
Ill give whatever it is a shot because last time i experimented with other DAWs back when i first decided i wanted to make beats i had no idea what was going on

Umm give reason a try. It will look extremely confusing once you first start, but after awhile you will know it well.

Check YouTube videos for tuts as they can be extremely helpful. Chopping up samples, you will need to use recycle. Same people who made reason make recycle. You are gonna need to download some refils which are reason equivilant vsts.

You can pm me if you need anything. Always trying to help.

Reason is a powerful DAW. Dj Khalil made 50 cents still kill song in reason. He is also signed to dr dres aftermath label which gives you some understanding of his skill level. Lol

thanks dude this is great info
one more question: are people able to make their own refils? and do they often?
because one of my fav things about FL is getting weird 3rd party vstis

Umm I aint too sure to be honest. If there is a certain producer that you wanna sound like, you can get dre sounds, Dilla sounds, Pete rock sounds etc. I wouldnt be surprised if some people were releasing their own refils, but to sorta answer your question, I personally dont know sorry.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff