Welcome to Gaia! ::

does anyone know any good walkthroughs or something of the sort that can teach me how to sample, rip beats, etc, as well as a good program? i'm new to this kind of stuff but i have some great samples in mind

Tipsy Sex Symbol

mr ralph lauren
does anyone know any good walkthroughs or something of the sort that can teach me how to sample, rip beats, etc, as well as a good program? i'm new to this kind of stuff but i have some great samples in mind
Step 1: Download and crack FL 10.
Step 2: ????
Step 3: PROFIT!

Invisible Humorist

Doc Dee
mr ralph lauren
Step 1: Download and crack FL 10.
Step 2: ????
Step 3: PROFIT!

YES!
this is what i've been looking for emotion_kirakira
to sample on fl:
insert a sampler
open it and go to the little page icon with a blank space next to it
load your sample
if you need to trim, right click on the visualization of the sample and hit edit

I can expound if needed, i just didnt want to walloftext you

Tipsy Sex Symbol

kvlt weeners
to sample on fl:
insert a sampler
load your sample
if you need to trim, right click on the visualization of the sample and hit edit

in all seriousness, I find it easier to just drag the whole song into the playlist, cut out what I want, stretch as necessary, sometimes making chunks unique so they can all be on-time etc
Doc Dee
kvlt weeners
to sample on fl:
insert a sampler
load your sample

in all seriousness, I find it easier to just drag the whole song into the playlist, cut out what I want, stretch as necessary, sometimes making chunks unique so they can all be on-time etc

i didnt know you could just drag a whole song
shortcut as ********
disregard what i said, mr ralph lauren
Doc Dee
kvlt weeners
to sample on fl:
insert a sampler
load your sample

or you could find the mp3 in your audio browser, right click it and go to edit to open it with edison. but kvlt weener already said something similar to that. once you do that then you can highlight the portion you want to sample, and on the far right of the tools menu in Edison there's a little arrow with a "piece of paper" under it. If you click that and drag into the playlist, it will drop what you've highlighted into the playlist.

But yeah, get FL Studio or something. That's your best bet. Or you could save up and buy an MPC and get on some serious s**t and chop samples on that.
If you want to get serious with music production, skip FL studio. It is regarded as a baby program by many of the top producers. You wanna start with a more profession DAW. Ableton if you like electronic effects or Reason. I personally use reason because its the closest program to logic. Logic is Mac only. If you do decide to get reason. There is a side program called recycle. It allows you to chop up any song and use it as a sample. Real easy and simple to use.

Hate to reign on any FL studio producers but the program is trash.

Tipsy Sex Symbol

The Lox
If you want to get serious with music production, skip FL studio. It is regarded as a baby program by many of the top producers. You wanna start with a more profession DAW. Ableton if you like electronic effects or Reason. I personally use reason because its the closest program to logic. Logic is Mac only. If you do decide to get reason. There is a side program called recycle. It allows you to chop up any song and use it as a sample. Real easy and simple to use.

9th Wonder uses FL. emotion_dealwithit

Besides, it doesn't matter what you USE, the only thing that actually matters is what you MAKE.
Doc Dee
The Lox

Besides, it doesn't matter what you USE, the only thing that actually matters is what you MAKE.

I prefer FL because it has the simplest interface as well as the most built-in instruments.
As far as I know DAWs all do the same s**t, FL just is easier to read.
kvlt weeners
Doc Dee
The Lox

Besides, it doesnt matter what you USE, the only thing that actually matters is what you MAKE.

I prefer FL because it has the simplest interface as well as the most built-in instruments.

Yes I agree, fl studio does have an incredibly easy to use interface. If you are using the built-in instruments, then you have no interest of making it big. There is a reason why you can use vsts in fl studio. The fl studio sounds are terrible. Also you can only do very basic drum patterns in fl studio, wheras other DAWs allow you to do every and anything. I aint meaning to be bashful, I started off on fl studio. Once you step up to the more complex programs, you will realize how bad it actually is.

Who can take a program seriously when its called fruity loops lol

Lonely Noob

Anyone know any good hip-hop production tutorial sites?
Or is that just covered in EDM production ? cool

Tipsy Sex Symbol

There's nothing you can follow that says, "HEY, DO THIS TO MAKE AN AWESOME BEAT." Sure, there are things that can teach you how to use the tools, but nothing can teach you what it takes to make something ill, aside from a good ear.

Which is what most of the producerfags tend to forget when they spend thousands of dollars on PROFESSIONAL equipment yet they s**t STILL comes out sounding generic.
The Lox
kvlt weeners
Doc Dee
The Lox

Besides, it doesnt matter what you USE, the only thing that actually matters is what you MAKE.

Yes I agree, fl studio does have an incredibly easy to use interface. If you are using the built-in instruments, then you have no interest of making it big. There is a reason why you can use vsts in fl studio. The fl studio sounds are terrible. Also you can only do very basic drum patterns in fl studio, wheras other DAWs allow you to do every and anything. I aint meaning to be bashful, I started off on fl studio. Once you step up to the more complex programs, you will realize how bad it actually is.

I found the bolded sentence rather interesting. Which one would your reccomend for a semi-experienced FL user that likes to use samples to make hip hop as well as hardcore noisy s**t (me)
I'll give whatever it is a shot because last time i experimented with other DAWs back when i first decided i wanted to make beats i had no idea what was going on
kvlt weeners
The Lox
kvlt weeners
Doc Dee
The Lox

I found the bolded sentence rather interesting. Which one would your reccomend for a semi-experienced FL user that likes to use samples to make hip hop as well as hardcore noisy s**t me)
Ill give whatever it is a shot because last time i experimented with other DAWs back when i first decided i wanted to make beats i had no idea what was going on

Umm give reason a try. It will look extremely confusing once you first start, but after awhile you will know it well.

Check YouTube videos for tuts as they can be extremely helpful. Chopping up samples, you will need to use recycle. Same people who made reason make recycle. You are gonna need to download some refils which are reason equivilant vsts.

You can pm me if you need anything. Always trying to help.

Reason is a powerful DAW. Dj Khalil made 50 cents still kill song in reason. He is also signed to dr dres aftermath label which gives you some understanding of his skill level. Lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff