Welcome to Gaia! ::

Zifti
Peter SteeIe
Zifti
Peter SteeIe
Zifti
I don't know about other Vegan punk bands, but Conflict was great.

This is punk? it sounds like ac/dc

If you don't enjoy the spoken word about animal abuse, here.
How is this punk again? Even MCR sounds heavier..

If you don't like this, you don't like punk. You like screamo, which is fine, just don't mask it as punk.
I do listen to punk bands.

Bashful Informer

Peter SteeIe
Zifti
Peter SteeIe
Zifti
Peter SteeIe
Zifti

If you don't like this, you don't like punk. You like screamo, which is fine, just don't mask it as punk.

Like who? If you like bands like mcr/nfg, to each his own. I'd suggest to give Lawrence Arms or Strike Anywhere a try, if you haven't heard of 'em. They straddle the new/old school punk well.

Benevolent Noob

Zifti
Peter SteeIe
Zifti
Peter SteeIe
Zifti

This sounds like screamo to me.
Zifti
Peter SteeIe
Zifti
Peter SteeIe
Zifti

Like who? If you like bands like mcr/nfg, to each his own. I'd suggest to give Lawrence Arms or Strike Anywhere a try, if you haven't heard of 'em. They straddle the new/old school punk well.

Bashful Informer

Through Being Cool
Zifti
Through Being Cool
Zifti

Why do you always post classic rock?

This notion that this is classic rock is laughable. This is anarcho-punk, and this song in particular was banned, because people paid attention to it. Granted, their spoken word sections break up the flow of traditional punk, but this is because they wanted to get their message across. Did you listen to the entire thing? Start 53 seconds in. Furthermore, I've posted no classic rock; Only punk. Modern day bands that call themselves punk such as NFG, MCR, Green Day, are a fraud.

Anything older than 1996 is classic rock. I listen to Alice Cooper on 106.5 "The Fox", and he often plays Pearl Jam and bands like Minor Threat, Rudimentary Peni, Bachman Turner Overdrive, etc. Also I don't listen to classic rock except when I'm in the car because it's terrible and there's nothing else to listen to. Bands like New Found Glory and Man Overboard are the true heirs to punk music and bands like Black Flag are dying because they're listened to by people who grew up inm the 1960s and are garbage by 2014 standards which is why they play them on 106.5 "The Fox", a classic rock station for old people.

Hell man, I'll admit modern day Black Flag, now just Flag, is crap. And if you are judging punk music solely on musical quality, you'll hate it. Its not about that though, its about the energy, unity, and message. I imagine that you'd enjoy the new stuff of NOFX; they've always had a sound more people could get behind.

Bashful Informer

Through Being Cool
Zifti
Peter SteeIe
Zifti
Peter SteeIe
Zifti

This sounds like screamo to me.

Well that pretty much disregards any other comment you have about the subject

Benevolent Noob

Zifti
Through Being Cool
Zifti
Through Being Cool
Zifti

This notion that this is classic rock is laughable. This is anarcho-punk, and this song in particular was banned, because people paid attention to it. Granted, their spoken word sections break up the flow of traditional punk, but this is because they wanted to get their message across. Did you listen to the entire thing? Start 53 seconds in. Furthermore, I've posted no classic rock; Only punk. Modern day bands that call themselves punk such as NFG, MCR, Green Day, are a fraud.

Anything older than 1996 is classic rock. I listen to Alice Cooper on 106.5 "The Fox", and he often plays Pearl Jam and bands like Minor Threat, Rudimentary Peni, Bachman Turner Overdrive, etc. Also I don't listen to classic rock except when I'm in the car because it's terrible and there's nothing else to listen to. Bands like New Found Glory and Man Overboard are the true heirs to punk music and bands like Black Flag are dying because they're listened to by people who grew up inm the 1960s and are garbage by 2014 standards which is why they play them on 106.5 "The Fox", a classic rock station for old people.

Hell man, I'll admit modern day Black Flag, now just Flag, is crap. And if you are judging punk music solely on musical quality, you'll hate it. Its not about that though, its about the energy, unity, and message. I imagine that you'd enjoy the new stuff of NOFX; they've always had a sound more people could get behind.

I'm 16, I only listen to new music. My mom listens to NOFX and has several of their records. New Found Glory has more energy. unity, and message than any band that has ever existed.

Show me one classic rock band that can put on that kind of performance. By the way, this was recorded in a 250 capacity venue and I was there. Classic rock bands only play in arenas, it's a well known fact.

Bashful Informer

Through Being Cool
Zifti
Through Being Cool
Zifti
Through Being Cool
Zifti

I'm 16, I only listen to new music. My mom listens to NOFX and has several of their records. New Found Glory has more energy. unity, and message than any band that has ever existed.

Show me one classic rock band that can put on that kind of performance. By the way, this was recorded in a 250 capacity venue and I was there. Classic rock bands only play in arenas, it's a well known fact.

Nothing better than this man. You think your little pogo, whiney b***h-fest is better? Look.

Benevolent Noob

Zifti
Through Being Cool
Zifti
Through Being Cool
Zifti

Nothing better than this man. You think your little pogo, whiney b***h-fest is better? Look.

Sorry, but that video is a terrible comparison. New Found Glory does the same EXACT thing you posted when they're not playing a massive ******** festival except they do it way better.

Bashful Informer

Through Being Cool
Zifti
Through Being Cool
Zifti
Through Being Cool
Zifti

Sorry, but that video is a terrible comparison. New Found Glory does the same EXACT thing you posted when they're not playing a massive ******** festival except they do it way better.

Not even close. And there's fewer people at the Gorilla Biscuits show then any NFG. Sure theres people jumping on the stage; One at a time, taking turns. Oh, now they're doing the pogo, how awesome are they? Lets all jump. Not one mosh pit, no crowd interaction, and shitty, generic sound. If you want real pop-punk, not buzz pop, check out The Addicts, Screaching Weasel, The Vandals, etc.
Anyways, bud; We've hijacked this thread long enough, sorry to the OP (Consider it bumps?). You aren't going to change your outlook, but realize, what you call pop-punk, is in no sense of the word, punk.

Benevolent Noob

Zifti
Through Being Cool
Zifti
Through Being Cool
Zifti

Not even close. And there's fewer people at the Gorilla Biscuits show then any NFG. Sure theres people jumping on the stage; One at a time, taking turns. Oh, now they're doing the pogo, how awesome are they? Lets all jump. Not one mosh pit, no crowd interaction, and shitty, generic sound. If you want real pop-punk, not buzz pop, check out The Addicts, Screaching Weasel, The Vandals, etc.
Anyways, bud; We've hijacked this thread long enough, sorry to the OP (Consider it bumps?). You aren't going to change your outlook, but realize, what you call pop-punk, is in no sense of the word, punk.

That's because the venue is for 250 people and it's full because people like a good punk show. The only reason nobody goes to see Gorilla Biscuits is because old people are dying off so more and more people are actually going to see New Found Glory. People have to take turns because venues in California have laws because there is a huge liability with punk shows and if people get injured they can sue. Also, there was tons of mosh at that show but you can't see it because the camera is in the back, and really, no crowd interaction? If you actually watched the video which I know you didn't because you're biased you would realize that Jordan Pundik who is the vocalist of New Found Glory sings along with the fans who jump on stage, lets them take pictures, hands them the mic, etc. Also, New Found Glory is a punk and a pop punk pioneer that has been making records since the late 1990s. Oh, and only old people say that pop punk isn't punk or call those classic rock bands punk.

Bashful Informer

Through Being Cool
Zifti
Through Being Cool
Zifti
Through Being Cool
Zifti

That's because the venue is for 250 people and it's full because people like a good punk show. The only reason nobody goes to see Gorilla Biscuits is because old people are dying off so more and more people are actually going to see New Found Glory. People have to take turns because venues in California have laws because there is a huge liability with punk shows and if people get injured they can sue. Also, there was tons of mosh at that show but you can't see it because the camera is in the back, and really, no crowd interaction? If you actually watched the video which I know you didn't because you're biased you would realize that Jordan Pundik who is the vocalist of New Found Glory sings along with the fans who jump on stage, lets them take pictures, hands them the mic, etc. Also, New Found Glory is a punk and a pop punk pioneer that has been making records since the late 1990s. Oh, and only old people say that pop punk isn't punk or call those classic rock bands punk.

Alrighty, lets say all you say is true, and these bands are "pop-punk". Who are punk bands? You know, the bands that have to come before, so these guys can splice together the two genres, punk and pop. Who, are the original punk bands, to you?

Benevolent Noob

Zifti
Through Being Cool
Zifti
Through Being Cool
Zifti

Alrighty, lets say all you say is true, and these bands are "pop-punk". Who are punk bands? You know, the bands that have to come before, so these guys can splice together the two genres, punk and pop. Who, are the original punk bands, to you?

The original punk bands? Why would I care about that? Do I look like a historian to you? I'm 16.
Zifti
Through Being Cool
Zifti
Through Being Cool
Zifti

youre not punk and im telling everyone

Bashful Informer

Through Being Cool
random nonsensical bullshit about being some whiny teen

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff