Welcome to Gaia! ::

meetMEinMONTAUKxX
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
meetMEinMONTAUKxX

i don't find their lyrics to be "women hating".. yes, some of their lyrics feature versus that could suggest such things, but I don't feel like it's aimed toward all women. i take their lyrics as if the words came from their own experiences.. I mean I have seen the girls at the parties who make a mess of themselves at parties.

excuses excuses exclaim

i don't feel as if i'm making excuses, but that is probably because i quite enjoy their music lol.. it is perfectly okay for me to do so as it is for you not to, no? if everyone enjoyed the same music, life would be kind of boring.

in regards to hip hop, i think those artists are entitled to express their views as well. I don't particularly like hip hop, and i find a lot of rap to be offensive, but that's why i don't listen to it much (i say much because sometimes i just need to daance.. haha).

out of curiosity, what do you enjoy listening to?
i listen to lesley gore

as for you (a female) listening to this band, well, you might as well be on "team breezy"

i love that first song, had to sing it in choir.

i find that comment to be insulting. i do not support that kind of behavior..
i really enjoy tssf.. for someone going on about how tssf is disrespectful and "women hating", you are quite disrespectful yourself.

i am female and i am proud to be a woman, and i am also proud of who i am in general.
i do believe in anyone being able to speak their opinions (whether it be a female, male, band, or an individual such as yourself). I do believe in openness and acceptance.

openness towards what? acceptance of what? backwards-a** judeo-christian behavior and attitudes directed at women and female sexuality? because if you think these ******** haven't slapped around a girl once or twice in their lives then you're fooling yourself.
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
BearsMadeMeDoIt
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
BearsMadeMeDoIt

I cant really remember Transit too much I remember skipping stone and a few other songs the rest is really a blur!

I like the leads interaction with the crowd. when i saw them they performed all of listen & forgive and some older stuff.

do you like man overboard or the wonder years as well?

Now that you've mentioned them we've basically just discussed all of my favorite bands minus Four year strong and Neck deep, haha!
But yeah, I love TWY seen them live twice too and man overboard, Cos i just constantly live and defend pop-punk haha! biggrin

four year strong is great; i have never heard of neck deep though. I also like the menzingers.. i'm not sure how big they are yet, though.. they're from my area and they are signed to epitaph but i don't know haha

Yeah they're really cool guys! and you should check out Neck Deep as they're like TSSF but British.

And the menzingers are quite cool i've only heard some of their latest effort rather than everytihng, my friends went and seen them play Manchester a little while ago so they're relatively big over here smile
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
meetMEinMONTAUKxX

i don't find their lyrics to be "women hating".. yes, some of their lyrics feature versus that could suggest such things, but I don't feel like it's aimed toward all women. i take their lyrics as if the words came from their own experiences.. I mean I have seen the girls at the parties who make a mess of themselves at parties.

excuses excuses exclaim

i don't feel as if i'm making excuses, but that is probably because i quite enjoy their music lol.. it is perfectly okay for me to do so as it is for you not to, no? if everyone enjoyed the same music, life would be kind of boring.

in regards to hip hop, i think those artists are entitled to express their views as well. I don't particularly like hip hop, and i find a lot of rap to be offensive, but that's why i don't listen to it much (i say much because sometimes i just need to daance.. haha).

i listen to lesley gore

as for you (a female) listening to this band, well, you might as well be on "team breezy"

i really enjoy tssf.. for someone going on about how tssf is disrespectful and "women hating", you are quite disrespectful yourself.

i am female and i am proud to be a woman, and i am also proud of who i am in general.
i do believe in anyone being able to speak their opinions (whether it be a female, male, band, or an individual such as yourself). I do believe in openness and acceptance.

openness towards what? acceptance of what? backwards-a** judeo-christian behavior and attitudes directed at women and female sexuality? because if you think these ******** haven't slapped around a girl once or twice in their lives then you're fooling yourself.

I often invite my friends around to listen to my TSSF vinyls and to beat up my girl friend because the band we listen to influenced us.
BearsMadeMeDoIt
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
meetMEinMONTAUKxX

i listen to lesley gore

I often invite my friends around to listen to my TSSF vinyls and to beat up my girl friend because the band we listen to influenced us.

ok
TEENAGE NUREMBERG

i'm sorry, but i don't know these guys personally... and i guess i'm being hypocritical, but i find your close mindedness to be a waste of time. you will not accept my opinion or be open to anything other than your own.

personally, i think you need to chill. i've been hit by a guy before, and you know what i did? i hit him back.. i view males and females as EQUALS.. i don't go for this feminist crap. there was a time for it, and maybe there still is in your world, or perhaps i'm just in my own little bubble, but if a man hits a woman, it's no different than a woman hitting a man. if a woman allows herself to be beaten, that's her choice not to speak up. i broke up with the guy that hit me. i was abused as a child, i chose to speak up. i called the cops on my parents when i was 13.

there's nothing stopping a female from getting help nowadays. females can be strong and independent without having to pull the "woe is me, my whole gender is being attacked.. i must go and bash anyone who says something in a negative light about my sex.."

i find it backwards that you need to say they are attacking females.. i didn't think carrie underwood was attacking the whole male population when she sang about ruining some guys crap because he cheated on her.. there are a lot of songs categorizing all men as cheaters and abusers, but i have yet to see a guy b***h about it. i've met cheaters and abusers of both sexes.

so let's not pretend that women don't abuse men.
BearsMadeMeDoIt
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
BearsMadeMeDoIt
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
BearsMadeMeDoIt

I cant really remember Transit too much I remember skipping stone and a few other songs the rest is really a blur!

I like the leads interaction with the crowd. when i saw them they performed all of listen & forgive and some older stuff.

do you like man overboard or the wonder years as well?

Now that you've mentioned them we've basically just discussed all of my favorite bands minus Four year strong and Neck deep, haha!
But yeah, I love TWY seen them live twice too and man overboard, Cos i just constantly live and defend pop-punk haha! biggrin

four year strong is great; i have never heard of neck deep though. I also like the menzingers.. i'm not sure how big they are yet, though.. they're from my area and they are signed to epitaph but i don't know haha

Yeah they're really cool guys! and you should check out Neck Deep as they're like TSSF but British.

And the menzingers are quite cool i've only heard some of their latest effort rather than everytihng, my friends went and seen them play Manchester a little while ago so they're relatively big over here smile

quite good, i'll have to check out more of their stuff.
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
TEENAGE NUREMBERG

i'm sorry, but i don't know these guys personally... and i guess i'm being hypocritical, but i find your close mindedness to be a waste of time. you will not accept my opinion or be open to anything other than your own.

personally, i think you need to chill. i've been hit by a guy before, and you know what i did? i hit him back.. i view males and females as EQUALS.. i don't go for this feminist crap. there was a time for it, and maybe there still is in your world, or perhaps i'm just in my own little bubble, but if a man hits a woman, it's no different than a woman hitting a man. if a woman allows herself to be beaten, that's her choice not to speak up. i broke up with the guy that hit me. i was abused as a child, i chose to speak up. i called the cops on my parents when i was 13.

there's nothing stopping a female from getting help nowadays. females can be strong and independent without having to pull the "woe is me, my whole gender is being attacked.. i must go and bash anyone who says something in a negative light about my sex.."

i find it backwards that you need to say they are attacking females.. i didn't think carrie underwood was attacking the whole male population when she sang about ruining some guys crap because he cheated on her.. there are a lot of songs categorizing all men as cheaters and abusers, but i have yet to see a guy b***h about it. i've met cheaters and abusers of both sexes.

wow, an actual woman going the anti-feminist route. i never thought i'd meet one, but i guess anything is possible. surreal.

i feel really bad for you, tbh, but i realize now that nothing i say can possibly open your eyes (you are, after all, a female who is ashamed of feminism). with any luck you won't end up in another abusive relationship, but with your attitude i'm afraid you probably will. i'm also afraid that you'll end up with a man who you won't be able to fight back against. you must realize that, biologically speaking, men are stronger than women. you don't look like a very big girl, either.

you've been brainwashed by a patriarchal society that has taught you that women really are equal now (surprise: they aren't, and everything is rainbows and puppies. so, i wish you luck. you'll certainly need it.
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
TEENAGE NUREMBERG

wow, an actual woman going the anti-feminist route. i never thought i'd meet one, but i guess anything is possible. surreal.

i feel really bad for you, tbh, but i realize now that nothing i say can possibly open your eyes (you are, after all, a female who is ashamed of feminism). with any luck you won't end up in another abusive relationship, but with your attitude i'm afraid you probably will. i'm also afraid that you'll end up with a man who you won't be able to fight back against. you must realize that, biologically speaking, men are stronger than women. you don't look like a very big girl, either.

you've been brainwashed by a patriarchal society that has taught you that women really are equal now (surprise: they aren't, and everything is rainbows and puppies. so, i wish you luck. you'll certainly need it.

thank you for your concern. i know i'm a hopeless case. i believe in a world that doesn't exist for the sake of my own existence. i have to believe that things are getting better in this world.. i know there is sexism and racism still, but not in my life. i won't stand for it in my immediate life.. i can't control what's out of my reach, however.

i do apologize for being rude. your words got to me; i did receive them as abusive.
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
TEENAGE NUREMBERG

thank you for your concern. i know i'm a hopeless case. i believe in a world that doesn't exist for the sake of my own existence. i have to believe that things are getting better in this world.. i know there is sexism and racism still, but not in my life. i won't stand for it in my immediate life.. i can't control what's out of my reach, however.

i do apologize for being rude. your words got to me; i did receive them as abusive.

it's abusive to ask you to question the stance towards women that a band you enjoy holds? how is that abusive?
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
TEENAGE NUREMBERG

it's abusive to ask you to question the stance towards women that a band you enjoy holds? how is that abusive?

i didn't mind that.. saying i might as well join "team breezy" is what had upset me.
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
TEENAGE NUREMBERG

i didn't mind that.. saying i might as well join "team breezy" is what had upset me.

team breezy is a group of females who support a singer who has, in the past, beaten up a woman. and is unapologetic about it. how is that unlike your situation? you are a woman, and you enjoy the music of a band that support a tired, sexist, proto-christian view of women (i.e. they're sluts that can't be trusted). is it just that you hate chris brown? why? he's only expressing his own views, after all. right? surely you can agree.
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
TEENAGE NUREMBERG

team breezy is a group of females who support a singer who has, in the past, beaten up a woman. and is unapologetic about it. how is that unlike your situation? you are a woman, and you enjoy the music of a band that support a tired, sexist, proto-christian view of women (i.e. they're sluts that can't be trusted). is it just that you hate chris brown? why? he's only expressing his own views, after all. right? surely you can agree.

i don't support that view at all, and quite frankly i think you have no clue what you are talking about and are determined to prove something that is only there because you read too much into the lyrics.. some girls are sluts... some girls shouldn't be trusted.. some guys are sluts.. some guys shouldn't be trusted. good music is good music.. and the story so far is good to me..

if you have a problem with them, you'd probably hate a lot of music i'm into.
When I first read the title of this thread, I immediately thought of spunge.

I haven't of heard "The Story So Far". I'll give them a listen though.
Bartholemue Cox
When I first read the title of this thread, I immediately thought of spunge.

I haven't of heard "The Story So Far". I'll give them a listen though.

tell me what you think =)
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
I love 'em, do you?

i get to see them on my birthday...hopefully

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items