Welcome to Gaia! ::

BearsMadeMeDoIt
If you don't enjoy TSSF I will be majorly disappointed with you and yes they are another band with generic angsty lyrics.
I've seen them live twice and i'm going to for a third time this may in Liverpool with support form The American Scene and Gnarwolves, Also 'Under soil and dirt' is one of my favorite albums and considering they're a relatively new band that's a big thing for me considering I usually listen to Blink182/Jimmy Eat World.
Yeah, Defend pop-punk and all that tosh.

no, they don't have "generic angsty lyrics"; what they have is woman hating lyrics. that's not "generic". it's downright creepy how much these guys are disgusted by women.
BearsMadeMeDoIt
If you don't enjoy TSSF I will be majorly disappointed with you and yes they are another band with generic angsty lyrics.
I've seen them live twice and i'm going to for a third time this may in Liverpool with support form The American Scene and Gnarwolves, Also 'Under soil and dirt' is one of my favorite albums and considering they're a relatively new band that's a big thing for me considering I usually listen to Blink182/Jimmy Eat World.

the american scene is amazing live, i saw them when they played with transit.
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
BearsMadeMeDoIt

no, they don't have "generic angsty lyrics"; what they have is woman hating lyrics. that's not "generic". it's downright creepy how much these guys are disgusted by women.

No, they have like two songs which looks at the female populous in a negative sense and the lyrics of the song you quoted is about a young girl drinking/sleeping her life away whilst in college and just because of that you think "OH MY GOD DEEZ GAIZ ARE TOTALLY MISOGYNISTIC", shut-up. If you really think these guys are misogynistic you must hate the rap game, baby. wink
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
BearsMadeMeDoIt

i don't find their lyrics to be "women hating".. yes, some of their lyrics feature versus that could suggest such things, but I don't feel like it's aimed toward all women. i take their lyrics as if the words came from their own experiences.. I mean I have seen the girls at the parties who make a mess of themselves at parties.
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
BearsMadeMeDoIt

I'm yet to see them live! i'm really looking forward to it. biggrin
Also i'm going to see Transit for the second time too in May strange, haha.
BearsMadeMeDoIt
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
BearsMadeMeDoIt

transit is definitely my favorite to see live. i've only seen them twice though. and i saw the story so far when they opened for new found glory.
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
BearsMadeMeDoIt

i don't find their lyrics to be "women hating".. yes, some of their lyrics feature versus that could suggest such things, but I don't feel like it's aimed toward all women. i take their lyrics as if the words came from their own experiences.. I mean I have seen the girls at the parties who make a mess of themselves at parties.

excuses excuses exclaim
BearsMadeMeDoIt
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
BearsMadeMeDoIt

No, they have like two songs which looks at the female populous in a negative sense and the lyrics of the song you quoted is about a young girl drinking/sleeping her life away whilst in college and just because of that you think "OH MY GOD DEEZ GAIZ ARE TOTALLY MISOGYNISTIC", shut-up. If you really think these guys are misogynistic you must hate the rap game, baby. wink

they absolutely are misogynistic, tho. the fact that you think otherwise is proof that you're in absolute denial.

as for hip-hop, some of the hip-hop i like does indeed talk about women. but more in a "hey girl you like to ******** *thumbs up*" way, as opposed to this band's "hey girl you like to ******** *stink eye*"
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
BearsMadeMeDoIt
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
BearsMadeMeDoIt

they absolutely are misogynistic, tho. the fact that you think otherwise is proof that you're in absolute denial.

as for hip-hop, some of the hip-hop i like does indeed talk about women. but more in a "hey girl you like to ******** *thumbs up*" way, as opposed to this band's "hey girl you like to ******** *stink eye*"

Yes i'm in denial about a bands lyrics, I could careless what their songs are about I just dig the music itself, and everyone has opinions like but you seem to be really adamant so i'm just gonna take your word for it.
And the p***y game ridiculous.

meetMEinMONTAUKxX
BearsMadeMeDoIt
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
BearsMadeMeDoIt

transit is definitely my favorite to see live. i've only seen them twice though. and i saw the story so far when they opened for new found glory.

I cant really remember Transit too much I remember skipping stone and a few other songs the rest is really a blur!
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
BearsMadeMeDoIt

excuses excuses exclaim

i don't feel as if i'm making excuses, but that is probably because i quite enjoy their music lol.. it is perfectly okay for me to do so as it is for you not to, no? if everyone enjoyed the same music, life would be kind of boring.

in regards to hip hop, i think those artists are entitled to express their views as well. I don't particularly like hip hop, and i find a lot of rap to be offensive, but that's why i don't listen to it much (i say much because sometimes i just need to daance.. haha).

out of curiosity, what do you enjoy listening to?
BearsMadeMeDoIt

I cant really remember Transit too much I remember skipping stone and a few other songs the rest is really a blur!

I like the leads interaction with the crowd. when i saw them they performed all of listen & forgive and some older stuff.

do you like man overboard or the wonder years as well?
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
BearsMadeMeDoIt

excuses excuses exclaim

i don't feel as if i'm making excuses, but that is probably because i quite enjoy their music lol.. it is perfectly okay for me to do so as it is for you not to, no? if everyone enjoyed the same music, life would be kind of boring.

in regards to hip hop, i think those artists are entitled to express their views as well. I don't particularly like hip hop, and i find a lot of rap to be offensive, but that's why i don't listen to it much (i say much because sometimes i just need to daance.. haha).

i listen to lesley gore

as for you (a female) listening to this band, well, you might as well be on "team breezy"
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
BearsMadeMeDoIt

I like the leads interaction with the crowd. when i saw them they performed all of listen & forgive and some older stuff.

Now that you've mentioned them we've basically just discussed all of my favorite bands minus Four year strong and Neck deep, haha!
But yeah, I love TWY seen them live twice too and man overboard, Cos i just constantly live and defend pop-punk haha! biggrin
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
TEENAGE NUREMBERG
BearsMadeMeDoIt

excuses excuses exclaim

i listen to lesley gore

as for you (a female) listening to this band, well, you might as well be on "team breezy"

i love that first song, had to sing it in choir.

i find that comment to be insulting. i do not support that kind of behavior..
i really enjoy tssf.. for someone going on about how tssf is disrespectful and "women hating", you are quite disrespectful yourself.

i am female and i am proud to be a woman, and i am also proud of who i am in general.
i do believe in anyone being able to speak their opinions (whether it be a female, male, band, or an individual such as yourself). I do believe in openness and acceptance.

you don't have to like them, but i can guarantee that i am not the only female that does.
BearsMadeMeDoIt
meetMEinMONTAUKxX
BearsMadeMeDoIt

Now that you've mentioned them we've basically just discussed all of my favorite bands minus Four year strong and Neck deep, haha!
But yeah, I love TWY seen them live twice too and man overboard, Cos i just constantly live and defend pop-punk haha! biggrin

four year strong is great; i have never heard of neck deep though. I also like the menzingers.. i'm not sure how big they are yet, though.. they're from my area and they are signed to epitaph but i don't know haha

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff