Welcome to Gaia! ::

Versatile Member

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Valtiel the Watcher
the thing I liked about the cramps is that they never broke out of that. Yah it's good to evolve musically but they were consistent

I think they were evolving a sound up to a point, a million variations on the same theme and all - I don't think any two Cramps albums truly sound alike, even when going from Songs the Lord Taught Us to Psychedelic Jungle.

I do wish they did more stuff like "Journey to the Center of a Girl," because that's just about the most perfect song ever recorded.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Metronome
Valtiel the Watcher
the thing I liked about the cramps is that they never broke out of that. Yah it's good to evolve musically but they were consistent

I think they were evolving a sound up to a point, a million variations on the same theme and all - I don't think any two Cramps albums truly sound alike, even when going from Songs the Lord Taught Us to Psychedelic Jungle.

I do wish they did more stuff like "Journey to the Center of a Girl," because that's just about the most perfect song ever recorded.
i am quite partial to queen of pain and dope fiend boogie.

8,050 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Neat band. Favorite song is Human Fly.

Newbie Noob

2,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Market Browser 100
I will always love that band (RIP LUX). Creature from the Black Leather Lagoon is my current favorite Cramps song.

Girl-Crazy Fairy

6,950 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt.
Good band! whee

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
SlutenaGomez
Good band! whee
I thank you for patronizing this thread.

Anxious Smoker

You better ask my Mama how to make a monster~

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I already asked this in another thread but if someone was going to sing in the cramps now that Lux Interior is dead, who wouldn't ******** it up?

Versatile Member

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Valtiel the Watcher
I already asked this in another thread but if someone was going to sing in the cramps now that Lux Interior is dead, who wouldn't ******** it up?

Nobody, because Paul Lynde is dead.

Really, Lux had a delivery that is only rivaled by closeted Confirmed Bachelor character actors from the late '60s/early '70s. ******** was all about Vamping.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Metronome
Valtiel the Watcher

Nobody, because Paul Lynde is dead.

Really, Lux had a delivery that is only rivaled by closeted Confirmed Bachelor character actors from the late '60s/early '70s. ******** was all about Vamping.
true, I mean honestly I couldn't think of anyone who would do a good job and wouldn't be rejected by fans of the cramps.

Versatile Lunatic

the cramps ******** rule

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
hermaphrodeity
the cramps ******** rule
there's not too many other rockabilly bands I like besides Jack Rabbit Slim
Great band!! (:

Lonely Capitalist