Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Yes figured it's a brand new forum about punk so... Here I go posting punk.

So discuss
-You ever see em?
-favorite albums?
-if you haven't seen em you sad or elated you'll never see them again?
-do you mind if I make more band threads because I'm going to either way....
-favorite song?
i was really into them for about a year when i was switching over from punk to goth (so, around the age of 16 or so) they just happened to get picked up along the way (probably because i was naive, had never heard them before, and they were on a list on the internet about goth bands. hey, sex gang children was on there too, as were the damned. it wasn't a very good list).

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Putrid Corpse Of Christ
i was really into them for about a year when i was switching over from punk to goth (so, around the age of 16 or so) they just happened to get picked up along the way (probably because i was naive, had never heard them before, and they were on a list on the internet about goth bands. hey, sex gang children was on there too, as were the damned. it wasn't a very good list).
they're generally associated with that psychobilly s**t but there's not a lot of em I like which.... I guess is odd considering how much I like the cramps
******** off chad

How does the inclusion of The Damned and The Cramps make a list bad?
Slack Sabbath

it was an intro to goth list. the inclusion of two bands that aren't goth would make it a bad list. exclaim
Putrid Corpse Of Christ
Slack Sabbath

it was an intro to goth list. the inclusion of two bands that aren't goth would make it a bad list. exclaim

Oh my bad I didn't read it right.

Conservative Fatcat

i always get really into them around halloween time and then forget about them until next halloween
Queen Sugartits
i always get really into them around halloween time and then forget about them until next halloween

so it's like a natural cycle

Conservative Voter

I love The Cramps, but part of me gets sick of them after a while. I've only really listened to Flame Job, Stay Sick, and some singles. I should really listen to more.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Connie Marble
I love The Cramps, but part of me gets sick of them after a while. I've only really listened to Flame Job, Stay Sick, and some singles. I should really listen to more.
I know I burn myself out on them for a while and then I need something else to listen to.

Conservative Voter

Valtiel the Watcher
Connie Marble
I know I burn myself out on them for a while and then I need something else to listen to.
Yeah, that's exactly how it is with me. I tend to feel that way with Roxy Music and the Talking Heads too, despite loving all three.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Connie Marble
Valtiel the Watcher
Connie Marble
Yeah, that's exactly how it is with me. I tend to feel that way with Roxy Music and the Talking Heads too, despite loving all three.
i listen to a lot of the cramps though. I don't know, I've been in a weird music mood lately, been listening to a lot of Brazilian music but I have been getting back to rock n' roll and rockabilly. I'll probably start listening to them again as a result.

Versatile Member

7,375 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Connie Marble

Early stuff, especially Psychedelic Jungle, I can listen to that album on repeat for hours, it's just that perfect storm of sound, mood, atmosphere, feeling, it's off-putting yet sexy, it's pure filthy teenage hormone.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Metronome
Connie Marble

Early stuff, especially Psychedelic Jungle, I can listen to that album on repeat for hours, it's just that perfect storm of sound, mood, atmosphere, feeling, it's off-putting yet sexy, it's pure filthy teenage hormone.
the thing I liked about the cramps is that they never broke out of that. Yah it's good to evolve musically but they were consistent

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff