Welcome to Gaia! ::

Slip or Manic Compression?
Slag10

Slip!! Perfect album. I recently got a Shutter To Think album by one of
my friends. I have listened to some of it. It's weird but growing on me.
Check them out and Jawbox - if you already haven't.
xJudy Chopx
Slag10

Slip!! Perfect album. I recently got a Shutter To Think album by one of
my friends. I have listened to some of it. It's weird but growing on me.
Check them out and Jawbox - if you already haven't.
I've got a bunch of Quicksand demos and bsides I could upload if you're interested.

I never got into Shutter To Think. Their later stuff post-Dischord wasn't really my thing. I've been looking for some Jawbox stuff, but the local record and CD shops don't keep much Dischord stuff on hand anymore. Tre' sux.

While you're on a post hardcore kick, scope out Fuel and Torches to Rome. Fuel's Monuments to Excess is solid. Not to be confused with the post grunge group of the same name.
Slag10
I've got a bunch of Quicksand demos and bsides I could upload if you're interested.

I never got into Shutter To Think. Their later stuff post-Dischord wasn't really my thing. I've been looking for some Jawbox stuff, but the local record and CD shops don't keep much Dischord stuff on hand anymore. Tre' sux.

While you're on a post hardcore kick, scope out Fuel and Torches to Rome. Fuel's Monuments to Excess is solid. Not to be confused with the post grunge group of the same name.

Yeah, that would be sweet!

When you look up Fuel that band is the first to come up. This picture, tho.

User Image

Sweet mother of tribal tattoos.
really enjoying the Quicksand discussion. My buddy got to see them this past FFFFest and I am green with jealous rage.

top 5 in hardcore would probably be
Black Flag
The Repos
Flipper
Poison Idea
xJudy Chopx

yo the late 90's hardcore scene was allllll about tribal and kanji tattoos

just ask the dudes from Strife the next time they're around, lol
bung life
xJudy Chopx

Never got super into them.

I just found out the original vocalist of Antidote lives not only in Atlanta but a few blocks over from my old house.
xJudy Chopx
Slag10

Yeah, that would be sweet!

When you look up Fuel that band is the first to come up. This picture, tho.

User Image

i'll upload the quicksand stuff tomorrow.

Fuel Monuments to Excess- Also includes the Take Effect 7" which is my favorite of their stuff

If you like Fuel then check out the other bands of their singer/guitarist/songwriter Sarah (formerly Mike) Kirsch. She was in a crap ton of excellent bands. Torches to Rome, and Monsula were very similar to Fuel. Bread and Circuits took the political messages to new levels and included members of Yaphet Kotto who are legendary in their own right. If you like early 90's emo, Navio Forge's LP is a must listen. Kirsch was one of my favorite musicians up until her death a couple years ago, so it probably seems like I am biased, but she really was a legend in the bay area scene.

Also on an unrelated note, I've been revisiting the PA group Bleed. Their sound bridges the gap between early emo and 90's hardcore in a pretty unique way. Most bands leaned to one side or the other in a pretty obvious way, I always thought Bleed walked the line straight down the middle.
xJudy Chopx
bung life
xJudy Chopx

Never got super into them.

I just found out the original vocalist of Antidote lives not only in Atlanta but a few blocks over from my old house.

oh me either, just sayin the dudes in that band have tribal and kanji tatzzz
Quicksand B-sides and rarities rips courtesy of Stuck in the Past fanzine. You can read their original post here.
Slag10
Quicksand B-sides and rarities rips courtesy of Stuck in the Past fanzine. You can read their original post here.

Thank you! This is so cool!!
bung life

Pretty cool band I stumbled across - thought you might like it.
xJudy Chopx
bung life

Pretty cool band I stumbled across - thought you might like it.

freakin love gas rag. members of Culo if i'm not mistaken. Found this 7' used for like $2.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff